FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ian Black

Yngwie

• 1 month later...

Anyone think it's pretty ironic that Ian Black is moaning about hatchet men? A terrific player for us, he's always had a nasty streak that's seen him tackle late, high, with studs and every other injury-threatening way that he could. He's tried to deliberately hurt players in every other game he's played in. Although I still view him as an ICT legend, he's just feeling what other players have felt from him.

He who lives by the sword and all that...

Anyone think it's pretty ironic that Ian Black is moaning about hatchet men? A terrific player for us, he's always had a nasty streak that's seen him tackle late, high, with studs and every other injury-threatening way that he could. He's tried to deliberately hurt players in every other game he's played in. Although I still view him as an ICT legend, he's just feeling what other players have felt from him.

Good player, yes, but legend? Hardly. I feel this word is banded about far too easily, and often these days. For the reasons you quoted yourself (ie his nasty side) I would never view him anywhere near legend status.

Anyway, have we really missed him? Arguably Hayes and maybe A Shinnie have been his equal, or better at times.

• Agree 3

Good player, yes, but legend? Hardly. I feel this word is banded about far too easily, and often these days. For the reasons you quoted yourself (ie his nasty side) I would never view him anywhere near legend status.

Anyway, have we really missed him? Arguably Hayes and maybe A Shinnie have been his equal, or better at times.

Don't agree with that at all. He would still be a regular in our squad and i think he earned his legendary status by being one of our best players for 5 seasons. Russell Duncan is the only player who plays in his position who i would say is a bigger legend at ICT, but Black is definately a better player.

Black was a mainstay in our midfield. He arrived at this club a boy and left a man. His recent career choices may not have pleased everyone but the boy was one of our most consistent performers while here. He is and ICT legend, no question.