FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ian Black

Yngwie

Whatever people's view on CL picking Black the amount of booing from the tartan army was pathetic. It's not the players fault and to hear that on your (full) international debut is awful imo. Great result though.

The Tartan Army are nothing but a bunch of kilt-wearing, cringe-inducing, drunken hooligans.

Better the Tartan Army than the trouser wearing, cringe inducing, drunken hooligans that have shamed the name of English football so often in the past.

Just to be clear I don't have an issue with the Tartan Army per se. Hell I used to be one of them when I lived in Glasgow. But the booing tonight was very sorely disappointing.

I agree - like all barrels there are a few bad apples and I met a few during WC98 that make you think seriously about the tartan army myth and the reality of those who use it for other means....

Would like to think that the majority are like Johnny McPunter though

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

If Ian Black is the consummate professonal that he should be, there is not really a reason why he should not fit into the International Squad at any time.

If he has consistently been training for years his body has become acclimatised to the rigors of same and his heart and his lungs will have adapted to this.That is what conditioning is all about isn't it?

It's up to him as to whether he is willing to train hard continuously -- as a true professional would--or let himselrf go. Football is football and if he owes it to his team to play to the best of his ability and at the highest level of fitnesss he can maintain for his age.

It's also up to the fitness trainers to ensure that he pulls his weight in the fitness department and I am quite confident that Rangers Newco will be anxious to ensure they win every game in a canter to make absolutelty sure that they move up the leagues quickly again.

Unless , of course, he is an absolute idiot and looks upon his sojourn at his new club as a holiday bonus or something. In which case it won't be long before he is back to painting.... :ohmy:

Englands number two goalie hasn't played in a higher division than league two and no one boos him for playing in a lower league. Tartan army are booing a home grown player yet they dont boo all these english players levein keeps bringing into the squad. DISGRACE

Tartan army are just scum i've never liked them and i never will

• Agree 1

If Ian Black is the consummate professonal that he should be, there is not really a reason why he should not fit into the International Squad at any time.

If he has consistently been training for years his body has become acclimatised to the rigors of same and his heart and his lungs will have adapted to this.That is what conditioning is all about isn't it?

It's up to him as to whether he is willing to train hard continuously -- as a true professional would--or let himselrf go. Football is football and if he owes it to his team to play to the best of his ability and at the highest level of fitnesss he can maintain for his age.

It's also up to the fitness trainers to ensure that he pulls his weight in the fitness department and I am quite confident that Rangers Newco will be anxious to ensure they win every game in a canter to make absolutelty sure that they move up the leagues quickly again.

Unless , of course, he is an absolute idiot and looks upon his sojourn at his new club as a holiday bonus or something. In which case it won't be long before he is back to painting.... :ohmy:

Scarlet on this one I beg to differ ! It takes more than fitness past ability and training regimes to play at International level. I agree they do help but!

No matter how good the players in your team are it is the opposition that you are playing against that keeps you up to scratch. As I said before all I have against Ian is his deplorable record and when you take into account that it is mainly times when he is outsmarted that causes him to commit these offences I am afraid if frustration sets in then mistakes are made. Playing against superior opposition will eventually catch him out.

( not relevant to your post )

As for the boo boys they should be shamed, as IHE would say ''another black mark for Scotland.''

Whatever people's view on CL picking Black the amount of booing from the tartan army was pathetic. It's not the players fault and to hear that on your (full) international debut is awful imo. Great result though.

The Tartan Army are nothing but a bunch of kilt-wearing, cringe-inducing, drunken hooligans.

what a fanny

Any Scotland fan who boo's one of our own, who wants to play for us, is an absolute disgrace. He is their on ability, no other reason, and anyone questioning that is an absolute idiot.

Or is it assumed the Boo's were for an ex Hearts player coming on at Hibs home ground, as the Australian Jam tart was also booed.

Another point, years ago when north players were picked for any Scotland squad, ie Caley, Thistle, Elgin, County, Nairn etc in the old Highland League days, were their cries of he aint good enough cause he aint in the Scottish league youth set up playing against quality youth from Hearts, Hibs, Dons, Gers and Celts. No they were picked on outstanding quality and ability. No one really queried Steve Bull playing in a poorish third division Wolverhampton Wanderers side, especially when a good Scottish team couldnt deal with a player who plied his trade well below their level, scored winner against us if I remember at Hampden.

Blackie is a quality player who stood out at Caley Thistle, stood out at Hearts, and probably will again at his "New" league club

what a fanny

:laugh:

I wonder how many of the boo boys would have been on their feet cheering if he had scored soon after being introduced though?

Pathetic, really. The point of playing for the country is to put petty prejudices aside and get behind the team as a whole. He should at least be given his opportunity to shine.

I booed when he came on . I was booing the decision taken by that clown Levein to include Black in the squad in the first place when he didn't include him when he was playing well for Hearts and he had also not included Lee Wallace as he played for a third division team !

I booed when he came on . I was booing the decision taken by that clown Levein to include Black in the squad in the first place when he didn't include him when he was playing well for Hearts and he had also not included Lee Wallace as he played for a third division team !

DC Ian Black did nothing wrong so why boo him, if your booing was directed towards Craig Levein then you were booing the wrong person.

• Agree 2

what a fanny

:laugh:

You are mocking kilt wearing on a Scottish football team's forum...ok then. And what is wrong with wearing the national dress that I'm sure the majority here have at some time.

Although coming from someone's who's knowledge is suggesting signing random Samoans or random tall people then I'm not really supprised!

DC Ian Black did nothing wrong so why boo him, if your booing was directed towards Craig Levein then you were booing the wrong person.

Where did I say I booed Ian Black ?

Where did I say I booed Ian Black ?

DC booed the decision

You are mocking kilt wearing on a Scottish football team's forum...ok then. And what is wrong with wearing the national dress that I'm sure the majority here have at some time.

Men in skirts doesn't really do it for me I'm afraid. Going by your earlier comments though, it sounds like I'd fit in quite well with your mob!

• 1 month later...