FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Second Bottom

kencar

Well we are 11th now which considering we were 3rd/4th a couple of months it's quite a plummet down the table  :007:

Still here's hoping this as low as we go.

Good luck tomorrow lads but can you please get your finger out for the following 2 games - Pretty Please  :004:

And before anyone climbs on the bandwagon this has nothing to do with Charlie Christie. The ICT fans today were pathetic, they just expect too much and it is not so long back that we would have been sitting on our feckin erses worrying about the Rothes v Forres feckin Mechanics results.

I think our league position does not reflect the performances we have had in recent weeks. We have been very unlucky. Look at our performance at home to aberdeen. The ref i thought was rubbush and we lost a late goal and Considering we lost to Motherwell and Kilmarnock due to late penatlies too.

The thing I get most frustrated with these days is the long ball and late changes by CC. If changes need to be made, they must be done so with al least 25minutes to go, not 5 or 10. that is not enough time in this league in my personal view. If we keep the ball on the deck and make sure the passes are completed, we will make that final 3rd that we'vebeen looking for for the lastcouple of weeks. Just booting it out is not entertaining, non preductive and not, in my opinion, football.

They say the table doesn't lie so unlucky or not our recent run of form has taken to 11th place  :007:

Picking up points from the OF is always a bonus but if we can't get points from the likes of Falkirk & St Mirren then we are in trouble.

I shall go tomorrow's match HOPING we get something out of it. Against Falkirk & St Mirren I shall EXPECT us to get something

I was saying the other day the Pars have got problems, they got another sending off today (Hamilton).

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy  :001:

Agree with GrJn, the long ball wasn't pretty to watch on Saturday and didn't produce much.

Here's hoping for a decent enough performance against Rangers, and revenge on St Mirren in a dazzling display of one-touch football - well, hope to beat them at least. I'm not overly worried about 11th position, considering how tight the league is this season, we're not detached at the bottom and a couple of wins. I'd be much more worried if we were in 10th place and there were three clubs at the bottom with a big gap to 9th.

I think our league position does not reflect the performances we have had in recent weeks. We have been very unlucky. Look at our performance at home to aberdeen. The ref i thought was rubbush and we lost a late goal and Considering we lost to Motherwell and Kilmarnock due to late penatlies too.

No offence but I'd love to know what recent games we have been unlucky in as in three out of the last 4 games we have played we have been utter turd (Motherwell, United & Dunfermline).

Against Aberdeen and Hearts we were unlucky but if you want to go that far back we should also look at Falkirk and St. Mirren (especially the latter) who should have destroyed us given their second half dominance.

Maybe we should take heart from the fact Aberdeen are 2nd in the league. They aren't a good footballing team but what they do well is to grind out results. Obviously we would all like to see ICT play well and win (well most of us anyway  :016:) but a few scrappy wins would do us no harm at all just now.

[

No offence but I'd love to know what recent games we have been unlucky in as in three out of the last 4 games we have played we have been utter turd (Motherwell, United & Dunfermline).

Against Aberdeen and Hearts we were unlucky but if you want to go that far back we should also look at Falkirk and St. Mirren (especially the latter) who should have destroyed us given their second half dominance.

Well said RiG.

I agree we have not been unlucky at any stage this season.

We were exceptionally LUCKY to pick up points early in the Season while playing some diabolical football.

Second Bottom? We'll look back on that as a high point of the season - unless things are changed.

I think the "we're lucky" or "we're unlucky" thing is just simply down to the way you feel.

Like wether you're pessimistic about the club or optimistic.

Some folk say that a hole-in-one (i'm talking golf here!) is lucky, it could be argued though that, that is what you were going for and in fact anything other than a hole-in-one is unlucky !

Thats the stuff Mantis, we could be seventh after tonight, CC will be knighted and win MoM again, Brown will save a penalty, Bayne will score a hat-trick, Black will not get booked, Zander will play the whole game, Wyness will start sweating, Roy will become visible, Duncan will pass to one of his own team, (miracles take longer to work), and the home fans will sing.

Well, maybe Brown saving a penalty is stretching the imagination a bit, otherwise, keep yer pecker up.

After the amount I ate on Christmas Day then a Second Bottom sounds like it would come in handy!!!!

Back on topic - Sometimes you have to take a step backward to go forward.  The step backwards can happen for various reasons, change in players, manager, style of play or the presence of a little complacency - it's the actions of those in a position to sort it that will prove the making of ICT this season, and it's far too early to be judging whether or not people at the club are up to the job.

We went through slumps under Pele, Robbo and Brewster and came through them and as yet I have seen nothing to suggest that CC won't bring us through this one.  You can see he is trying to introduce a more entertaining style of football (witnessed in all it's glory against Killie) - this is what everyone had been shouting for, and they got it.  We lost and those very same people are then shouting that we should stick to what is working......Whats the guy to do???

It Graeme Speirs (sp?) stylee - if we are relegated this season, I'll kiss IHE's tattoo.

I think the main problem is that CC has tried to play attractive football, previously opponents would fear playing ICT because they new that they would have a battle but now we are such a lightweight side that we are easily beatable and almost too nice.  CC needs to get us grinding results again, we have shown so far that we don't have the players to play good passing football but we do have more fight than most teams.  We should look to try and keep things simple, play it down the channels and slowly wear teams down it has worked before and will work again.  11th is a success as already said but we should hope that we can do a lot better, just now the top six has almost seperated itself from the bottom so we now need to make sure we are beating all the teams in and around us.. we really should have got the points from Dunfermline... now CC needs to get stuck into them (so to speak)

I'll bet that Dundee, Livi, Partick, St Johnstone, Morton and a host of others (including Dunfermline) would love our 11th place right now, and I'll be well happy if we finish the season second bottom and live to fight another day!!!

Our expectations have been far too high. We've been spoiled by success in the lower divs for years and really need to bed ourselves into the top flight before having any further ambitions. I don't expect our management team, on or off the park, will have thought they were going to waltz into a regular top six spot and UEFA cup glory.

I don't see any reason why CC can't be the man to do the biz long-term for us  -  we don't want to do a 'Livi'.

It's football FFS, the downs are as much a part of the game as the ups. It's going through a period like this that makes the good days all the more enjoyable. KTF, there's lots more good days to come!!!  :021:

I think that roast canary could catch on as a Xmas delicacy - speccially down Tractorboyville.  :023:

The problem CC really has now is that he is on a hiding to nothing. I expect that we will put on a good show against the Huns as we can play our accustomed hit on the break game as they will have the large majority of the possession. It is the games against the Bairns, Midden and Stirling that will make or break CC. But will he go out and attack cos he simply cannot look at 3 or 4 defeats.

I'd settle for second bottom any time - so long as we take our points from the Huns and the Tims!!

Tonight's result against the Sons of William is what makes the cost of a season ticket all worthwhile. :003:

Oh my!

Bank of Scotland Scottish Premier League : Table

27 December 2006

Home        Away           

Team P W D L F A W D L F A GD PTS

1 Celtic 21 10 1 0 22 6 6 3 1 18 10 24 52

2 Aberdeen 21 7 1 3 18 12 4 3 3 11 6 11 37

3 Rangers 21 6 3 1 19 5 4 2 5 14 16 12 35

4 Hearts 21 5 2 4 18 11 4 4 2 13 11 9 33

5 Hibernian 21 5 4 1 21 12 3 1 7 19 16 12 29

6 Kilmarnock 21 4 4 2 16 11 4 1 6 15 25 -5 29

7 Falkirk 21 4 2 4 12 10 3 1 7 12 18 -4 24