FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Cheapest day out in the SPL?

Yngwie

According to this BBC survey, the cost of the cheapest adult ticket, plus a programme, a pie and a cup of tea is just £20.50 at TCS, making it the cheapest in the SPL. I seem to recall that we "won" this survey last year too, although there are question marks on the actual like-with-like comparability of what they are trying to achieve.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19980890

Fans travelling to Dens tomorrow should be warned of the £3 pehs.

Went back to Fleetwood last weekend - what a feckin set up, especially with their main stand - £2.00 a pint in the TV ridden Bobs Bar (and screens in the toilet so if ya go fer a wee during the game ya can still watch the action !!) - and even a "chippy" inside the ground (£2.50 fer a cheese burger and a pile of chips) - a tannoy system that you could hear clearly and a full screen in the corner - and Scotty Davies was MOM but Fatboy McNulty was injured.

If I remember rightly when this was discussed last year a lot of the posts were disbelieving of the survey but every point questioned e.g ticket price, food etc., was proved correct. So let the doubts begin!

Edited by Big G

i see dundee fc is doing a good plan for a disable person Disabled £10 Carer free if required thats even if you dont have a carer the disable adult still gets in for £10 caley thistle fc should do the same you get more disable people going to games

50p programme is correct Alex.

You mean that 50p information sheet? No wonder it's the cheapest!

Something strange about the ticket prices on that list as well. It says the "Cheapest Ticket", is that just for a full paying adult? A North Stand concession at TCS is £16 (the price on the list), yet I got into Easter Road a few weeks back for £12 (though they didn't respond of course). I see though ICT also have the most expensive ticket in the SPL at £30. I presume that's for the upper tier of the Main Stand. I wouldn't pay that price to sit up there personally, particularly when you are as open to the elements as you are up there.

Not surprised to see Celtic are the most expensive overall. They charge us away fans £23 to sit in what have to be the worst seats in the house, and do barely any concessions at all!

Edited by Renegade

i see dundee fc is doing a good plan for a disable person Disabled £10 Carer free if required thats even if you dont have a carer the disable adult still gets in for £10 caley thistle fc should do the same you get more disable people going to games

We offer exactly the same package. £10 for disabled and free carer if required. (North Stand section C only)

Say what you like about it, but I believe the idea of the Monthly Magazine and the match day add-on is working....for everyone.

It costs fans less and it sells more...win/win.

10 x Monthly Mag = £30

19 x Add-On = £4.50 (you get one free with each monthly mag)

Total for 19 Home matches = £34.50 (£1.82 per match)

Still the cheapest programme choice in the league and even factoring that into the match cost we are still the cheapest day out in the league.

• Agree 2

It was good to see ICT get a plug this morning on National BBC as having the cheapest programme. 50p

And by the looks of things not only can your money go further at ICT compared to any other SPL club but you also get to watch the most entertaining football.

IHE the Fleetwood owner is minted, if anything happens to him the club will close down.

Its an interesting survey to look at. Over the years there has been a lot of talk on here about the price of watching ICT with a number of folk urging a drop in prices to get more punters in and saying that high prices are one of the factors causing poor crowds. But this survey shows that it is cheaper to watch football here than just about anywhere. We are an SPL side and yet it is cheaper to watch football here than at some of the English conference grounds.

Having said that, I'm not sure what conclusions we can draw from that. Inverness is a relatively affluent area and one conclusion might be that a majority of the paying customers could afford a significant increase in prices which in turn might allow us to retain better players. The fact is that prices in England are generally significantly higher and the size of the crowds is proprotionately higher as well. Maybe we just have to accept the economic truth that if we want a higher standard of football, we are simply going to have to pay more to see it. In the meantime, the club should make full use of the survey to attract new customers by pressing the fact that a day out at TCS is actually very good value for money.

Say what you like about it, but I believe the idea of the Monthly Magazine and the match day add-on is working....for everyone.

It costs fans less and it sells more...win/win.

10 x Monthly Mag = £30

19 x Add-On = £4.50 (you get one free with each monthly mag)

Total for 19 Home matches = £34.50 (£1.82 per match)

Still the cheapest programme choice in the league and even factoring that into the match cost we are still the cheapest day out in the league.

To be honest, I would have classed the magazine as the programme, not the information sheet.

if money was the main driver why is the cheap uncovered areas not sold out every week?

However a family of 4 ticket cost cannot be a regular day out and is a special treat for many- we should try and get more offers for this type of fan so the youngsters will hopefully stay with the club for ever

The cheap uncovered areas are often empty becos the match sheet is insufficient to shelter punters from the elements. What we need to fill those sheets would be a water resisitant Inverness Courier.

The Couriers smaller these days, I remember the days when only 1 sheet could make an 8' paper aeroplane.