FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

A paradox

Laurence

I have to decide

It is my birthday on the 1st of August - Very biblical  - three score years and ten

My family will be here for the duration

My son will be here from Berlin with his lady friend

Do I go to the match on Saturday - I won't be popular

Or do I go with the family to the Newtonmoortown Highland games, where my son in law is competing in the Haggis eating competition.

What a problem ?

Looks like I will have to miss the game.

If it's your Birthday (and many congratulations, by the way :birthday: ) then it should be the family doing what you want to do.  Bring them along to the game instead!  In any case, taking part in a haggis eating competition seems to me the sort of thing you should do as far away from the gaze of family as possible.  Take it from me, he'll thank you for not being there.

Mind you, I'll not be at the game - also for family reasons.  One of our sons (not Doofer) is getting married down South on Saturday with kick off also at 3.00.  The sacrifices we make for our children, eh.  I just hope it's appreciated! :tongueincheek:

I have to decide

It is my birthday on the 1st of August - Very biblical  - three score years and ten

My family will be here for the duration

My son will be here from Berlin with his lady friend

Do I go to the match on Saturday - I won't be popular

Or do I go with the family to the Newtonmoortown Highland games, where my son in law is competing in the Haggis eating competition.

What a problem ?

Looks like I will have to miss the game.

I live in Newtonmore, I have that tough decision aswell!

I love the song a paradox in the Pirates of Penzance.

Maybe it will rain on Saturday so the games will be a mud heap and the family won't go , I then go to the match,