FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Bobby Mann transfer listed by Dundee

Yngwie

I'll be sorry to see him go,he's done a great job for a couple of seasons but is mebbe's just gettin that wee bit toooooo slow,here's comments fae our site for MFTJ ..........

Club captain Bobby Mann has been placed on the transfer list at his own request as assistant manager David Farrell explained to the press today "Bobby came to see us this morning and, after thinking over his request, we have decided to listen to offers for him, I thought he might have wanted to stay and fight to get back in the team, but he wants to seek pastures new and I can understand that, at his age, he feels he has to be playing regularly."

Bobby has played 95 matches for Dundee, scoring five goals in the process, since signing in 2004 from Inverness Caledonian Thistle where he had just captained the Highland side to the First Division title.

He holds the unique distinction of being voted player of the year by every single one of the Dundee Supporters' Association member clubs last season.

Bobby has been a regular for most of the current campaign but dropped to the bench when Gary McKenzie returned from injury to partner Gary Smith in the Boxing Day win over Partick and has started just one game since - the initial Tennent's Scottish Cup game at Dens v Queen of the South, when Smith was suspended.

He came off the bench late in extra time during Wednesday evening's replay at Dumfries and scored Dundee's first penalty kick in the shoot-out. 

Looks like Pele is building Peterhead around his old team.  Keogh is supposed to be signing a permanent move and Golly on loan.  Tony Low is away too.  A lot of familiar faces for pele.  I have to say it does show what a popular manager Pele is.  I think Peterhead will be a force to be reckoned with once they achieve their full time status.

Guest Sangobeg Jaggie

I hear that Bobby is going to St Johnstone. He may be slow but he does read the game very well and that makes up for the lack of pace. Well sometimes helps make up for the lack of pace.

I`ve seen Dundee a couple of times this season and they have been pretty keech so if he canna get into that team it must be bad.

Always thought he was a great player for us. Good luck Bobby.

Good luck to Bobby wherever he ends up.

He may have got slower, but his football brain is no doubt as sharp as ever. He is one of the few solid centre halves around and makes up for his lack of pace by being able to read the game well and know where he has to be. He is also one of the very few that can accurately ping a pass more than 50 yards. Whatever anyone says I think he was tremendous for us both as a defender and as the leader of the team.

Having said that, I would not see it as a good move to bring him back. He is without a doubt one of the members of the ICT 'Hall of Fame' because of his past performances and re-signing him would I feel be a backward step. If he goes to Peterhead along with Golly, Tony Low (who I also rated highly) and perhaps others from Paterson's ICT era then I can see them doing pretty well next season.

Heilandee made the point that Big Bobby is maybe getting a bit slow!!! How much slower can he possibly be  :015:

Jagster,my comment was maybe's he's gettin "tooooooo" slow,everybody accepts he was never quick but his reading and distribution from the back more than made up for it .Best qoute i heard from a Dee when told he was signing for us was "meh caravan has a smaller turning circle than that chunt"  :015:

good lad though and hope he does well whatever  :022:

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

So what if he was slow, you wouldn't exactly call Dodds mobile would you?

We hold a deep back line anyway, perfectly suited to Manns game. There aren't too many decent centre halves knocking around at the moment, especially in our price range. If he's available it'd be foolish to let him slip through our fingers.

I agree clacher, he has taken large strides to improve his speed.

By the way, have you been taking sensible pills recently, most of your post are well constructed and constructive. I find myself concurring with most of them :021:

• 2 weeks later...

No done and dusted but fae our fishul site:-

"On the way out today was club captain Bobby Mann, who seemed bound for a tie up with former boss Steve Paterson at Peterhead, we'd like to wish Bobby every success in his future career and the thank him for his outstanding efforts in Dark Blue"