FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Parkhead yesterday

Hearach

I wonder if anyone else was as disgusted as I was with the events at Parkhead yesterday? Bit of a rhetorical question as I know some certainly were.  The Green Brigade now having set up camp next door to visiting fans is ridiculous. There weren't that many Caley Thistle fans there but we usually manage to make a wee bit of noise to support our team. No chance yesterday as we were totally drowned out by the G B. I have no issue with them as a group but it would be better if they were put back over to the other side of the stand where they used to be, among their own fans. This would give visiting fans a fighting chance of building up a wee bit of momentum in their own singing. Then of course there was the case, in my eyes, of child abuse/ endangerment in front of the Green Brigade. A man with a child of maybe 3 on his shoulders, fair enough. But jumping up and down, clapping etc and not holding on to that child. I, and others, could not bear to look latterly. 4 police officers and 16 stewards were all looking in the direction of this man but nothing was done. I went to complain to a police officer at the end of the game - showed a photo also but the response was that if anyone had thought there was a danger something would have been done. Also everything is covered on CCTV so if anything is subsequently noticed action will be taken. If that child had fallen and been killed I wonder what the public enquiry would have found? Anyhow we made our way out of the stadium to the news that our drummer had not only had his drum wrenched away from him by one Celtic fan, he had also been hit on the back of the head by another. So we were all advised to get on the bus and make our way to the police station where statements would be taken from the witnesses. The main concern seemed to be getting the traffic flowing. After visit to police station we then proceeded on our way nome only for a missile to be hurled at our bus.  The score somehow faded into insignificance. I have never had an issue with Celtic fans at Parkhead before but after yesterday I don't know if I will ever go back. Rant over.   

• Agree 4

Hearach, that is by no means a rant that is a very accurate account of our visit to Parkhead yesterday... I too witnessed the incident with the child and tried to stress how dangerous it was to the police in attendance , but came away absolutely disgusted at there attitude as apparently its quite in order in Glasgow to jump up and down at the top of a concrete stairway with a child on your shoulders and not holding on to him ... As for the Green Brigade Im afraid they ruined our fans effort of support .As a fan I don't suppose My voice will be heard but I would hope the club could speak on our behalf or there is no point in us attending .The incident of the drum just sickened all on our bus I was heart sore for the boy involved as he is a very quite polite young boy who attends regular and for a lowlife to do what he did is just beyond comprehension.I know including myself that there were fans on the bus who would be more than happy to donate towards a new drum for him .Whether he would want to take it to matches well that would be his choice and nobody could blame him if he chooses not to. I hope he has not been too traumatised by it.

• Agree 5

As regards the drum, there's probably a case for writing to Celtic FC with a hint that a future boycott may be in the offing.

Don't know if they kept you behind at the end but I've not been there for a couple of years after we were kept in for 15 mins after a routine, boring 3-0 defeat, and also the time before that. Also I think Johndo or somebody else got ejected for very little, while the fans to our right were allowed to do as they pleased. That and the restricted views and the difficulties parking without getting annoyed by wee neds just about did it for me.

Before Dougal comes along and brands me an 'Orc' I tend to avoid the other place too, though I was tempted back last year for the league cup game, and also the win in our relegation season which got us off the bottom. Not been spat on (yet?) by the Rangers lot, as against twice after beating Celtic.

• Agree 2

As regards the drum, there's probably a case for writing to Celtic FC with a hint that a future boycott may be in the offing.

Don't know if they kept you behind at the end but I've not been there for a couple of years after we were kept in for 15 mins after a routine, boring 3-0 defeat, and also the time before that. Also I think Johndo or somebody else got ejected for very little, while the fans to our right were allowed to do as they pleased. That and the restricted views and the difficulties parking without getting annoyed by wee neds just about did it for me.

Before Dougal comes along and brands me an 'Orc' I tend to avoid the other place too, though I was tempted back last year for the league cup game, and also the win in our relegation season which got us off the bottom. Not been spat on (yet?) by the Rangers lot, as against twice after beating Celtic.

Dont think we need to threaten Mantis. Doubt many will be there next time. Havent been kept back in for yonks now. Stewarding probably not quite as draconian as in the past but theres not doubt its the worst away day in the premiership.

• Agree 3

Just don't go to the old filth's grounds.

Why give them the money?

It's not a good day out and they don't need the money.

Vowed not to go back to the blue half a while ago and although I wasn't at yesterday's game I've no intention of visiting the green half again.

F**k the old firm.

• Agree 3

Bl00dy Orc!  :amazed:  :crazy:

• Agree 1

Dont think we need to threaten Mantis. Doubt many will be there next time. Havent been kept back in for yonks now. Stewarding probably not quite as draconian as in the past but theres not doubt its the worst away day in the premiership.

Maybe I made it sound more like a threat than I intended......

I just meant that CFC might have been willing to make a goodwill gesture.

Sadly, brushing us aside 6-0 wasn't enough for some people.

It's a symptom of the mindset of OF fans that we're seen as supporting one side or the other. That's the only explanation for it, drums are associated with 'orangeness' and also we play in blue.

http://youtu.be/net4Xw-Y-fc Edited by dougal

Sadly I wouldn't at all be surprised if nothing is done.  I'm sure some will remember when we beat Sevco 3-0, one of our fans was whacked in the head with a 10p piece.  He was sat near me and I went over to the policewoman stood nearby and reported it.

Honestly, she couldn't have cared less.  There's CCTV at Ibrox as well of course, so did they ever find the culprit?  I don't think so.  What a surprise.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

Sadly I wouldn't at all be surprised if nothing is done.  I'm sure some will remember when we beat Sevco 3-0, one of our fans was whacked in the head with a 10p piece.  He was sat near me and I went over to the policewoman stood nearby and reported it.

Honestly, she couldn't have cared less.  There's CCTV at Ibrox as well of course, so did they ever find the culprit?  I don't think so.  What a surprise.

To be fair Celtic have asked for details of the incident so will reserve judgement at the moment.  

There seem to be parallels here to recent concerns about an inapropriate song from our fans.  Haven't seen any update on that and whether the club actually took any action at the end of the day.

On that occasion, fans expressing concern were criticised for not having reported it to the authorities at the time.  Clearly fans have reported the Parkhead incidents appropriately but the appropriate authories appear to be unwilling to do their job even when specifically informed of criminal activity. OCG is right to suggest we reserve judgment on the response of Celtic in this matter.  It may be that Celtic take things up with the police and the unacceptable inaction on the day may yet be addressed.  Failing that a formal complaint should be addressed to the police by the club.

The lad who brings the drum has added a great atmosphere to matches and helps many others get involved with the chanting.  The atmosphere created must be a help to the team.  It would be a real shame (but very understandable) if the incident put him or anyone else off from bringing a drum to games.  Some of our fans give great support to the club and it really is important that the club be seen to support the fans when incidents like this happen when fans are giving their support to the club. 

• Agree 3

http://youtu.be/net4Xw-Y-fc

Hi Dougal, I'm sure it's hilarious but just to warn you I can't view it as I'm on holiday in the west of Lewis and the internet is hopeless. Home in 2 days:-( any burglars out there, my house is full of consumer goodies including a 42" Panasonic and a 27" iMac, and my home address is Global Energy Stadium, Dingwall, Midlothian.

• Agree 1

Just don't go to the old filth's grounds.

Why give them the money?

It's not a good day out and they don't need the money.

Vowed not to go back to the blue half a while ago and although I wasn't at yesterday's game I've no intention of visiting the green half again.

F**k the old firm.

Oh dear

There's something very familiar about George to the eagle eyed among us.

By George how thought provoking. Is there an Asda in Alloa ?

And a FC