FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Plastic Whistle

Let's talk football !! Despite the disappointment of the transfer window I feel more confident now than I have done in some time visiting Mary Hill. I feel that the main team to have Sussed us out recently and outplayed is is Partick. Now we are in a position where few of us can second think how we will line up on Saturday. Plus I expect Yogi to have revved everybody up to show that there is life after wee Billy. That may not last but should be evident this weekend. I would now say that we absolutely prioritise the cup.

I suspect that Yogi will go with a 4-5-1 with Watkins up front alone. He can probably do that role but his skill will be sorely missed elsewhere. So why not go for a 4-4-2 with no actual centre forward but with two pacy players up front who play wide. That should baffle the centre halves ?

I would play Marley and Christie in those roles with a midfield of Ross, Tansey, Draper and Shinnie.

• Agree 2

If booze is allowed back for consumption in football grounds there could be a great drinking game when Collum is ref. (hypothetically, PC brigade!)

Down a nip (or a half pint) for a booking, and double (or a pint) for a red card! Safe to say, you'd be 'refreshed' by full-time!

But seriously, I'd forgotten about his 'flea-in-the-ear' from the SFA and a two-week suspension for (I assume) 'over-zealous' use of cards!

Since his return, he's officiated twice - and as opposed to his usual, he's only put his hand in his pocket for a card, once!

Once in two games - Willie Collum!! But, now he's shown 'remorse', he'll be itching to send someone off on Saturday!!

I can see the drama now with Gollum and his vanishing spray. Hi will be brandishing it as if it were a light sabre and use it for the most dramatic effect possible. Could the spray be used on the ref.

• Agree 5

I can see the drama now with Gollum and his vanishing spray. Hi will be brandishing it as if it were a light sabre and use it for the most dramatic effect possible. Could the spray be used on the ref.

I hope he sprays the can in the opposite direction from the pitch :ninja:

apparently he overdoes the spray foam too .....

BqZxD39IYAEdTCF.jpg

I don't think our formation is the problem, it's our predictability that is. Partick will do as they have done in previous encounters and will close us down quickly as we play consistently from the back. Ryan E had a couple of close calls against County and Deano has had numerous close calls against Partick in the past. We need more variation and Yogi, I feel, needs to change tactics quicker when we have been sussed. Partick are a tricky side but also a predictable side. We should look at their wide game and change our game to suit. I still reckon we could come back with a victory, by one goal, with a cheeky header from Warren being the decider.

Well I have been away for a month and missed 6 games. We have won 5 of them and drawn the other. Now i am back and heading for Partick on Saturday in a lather of expectation. If I get any substantial cash offers I will stay away however. Like IHE , I feel that PT are our nemesis of late. We must change things in order to get the better of them. What Yogi does on Saturday is anyones guess. It is always a good day out though...at a proper football ground.....whatever that means!

Draper is not mobile enuff

Maybe not, but then neither were likes of Duncan Ferguson, Emilie Heskey or others. Just think he is godo in the air and a big strong guy who could hold up the ball well for the likes of Watkins, Christie, Ross, Doran, Williams to play off. Might also be a tactic change that otehr teams wouldnt be expecting?

Pre-Partick Poser....

Which 3 'pairs' of current ICT players have played together at another club?

By 'pair', I mean (for example) Ryan Christie played with Gary Warren at Brechin City. Obviously that's wrong - but that's the format!

Not  just looking for 'common clubs' but actually 'pairs' who played together in the same match. e.g. Esson & Watkins have both had spells at Hereford - but didn't ever play together.

All 3 'answers' actually started games together - not just a 92nd minute substitution.

• Agree 1