FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Plastic Whistle

Who is all going tomorrow. There are quite a few Juanjo Away call offs ? Where are we meeting up ?

Me and the Mantis heading to Star and Garter in Garscube Road...................I think we were there last time

Aye, quite a lot of the usual Glasgow crew missing tomorrow. I've come down with my second dose of man-flu in as many months and am feeling sorry for myself, but I'm going to struggle down the road tomorrow. Might not be as early as usual - need to wait to hear from Chris in the morning. Wouldn't be surprised if we're in the Star & Garter before kick off but not sure if we'll be meeting there or not . Johndo - can DM you my mobile no if you're knocking about Glasgow early and want to know where we've decided to go .

Nobody interested in discussing games anymore? Plenty posts about crowds, players leaving and perceived club inefficiencies but what about our cup game. I'm just about to leave so hoping for a good game and performance to see us through to the next round.

Thick freezing fog across Maryhill just now. Hopefully it lifts for the afternoon. For those of you who like omens, at the moment it's very similar to the day in the 1st Division season where we lost at Firhill then went on a 13-month unbeaten away run. Would take the same run again now, obviously, but I do fancy going further in the cup this year.

• Agree 2

Nobody interested in discussing games anymore? Plenty posts about crowds, players leaving and perceived club inefficiencies but what about our cup game. I'm just about to leave so hoping for a good game and performance to see us through to the next round.

Having been at both home and away games against Thistle this season, I'm not optimistic. For some reason they just seem to be able to discompose us. In both games they pressed the ball really well and didn't let us get into our rhythm at all. It didn't help, of course, that both games seemed to coincide with our defence having an off-day - we were particularly shaky at home, but also gave away a very cheap goal very soon after going ahead with a really classy opener at Firhill. Hopefully the manager has looked at those previous games and come up with a strategy to stop us being dominated the way we were in the previous two. It's the sort of game where it would be great to have Foran as an option to throw on up front to bully them a bit, especially if we need to go more direct.

Edited by alternative maryhill

I hope ICT win and Partick Thistle lose because I support ICT and I don't support Partick Thistle.

• Agree 1

And Richie--- will he ever come back now ?

Doubt it even if he got fit again he would be way off the pace at his age . Time to take the insurance and give John Hughes his wages to strengthen the squad.

Would like Richie to get his badges and remain as back room staff with the club .

If that is in fact the case then Richie's injury must have been a bad one.. much more serious than anybody might be willing to admit.

When it involves ligaments or such, which don't have their own blood supply but absorb nutrients by osmosis, then it's always going

to be a race against time.  And then depression sets in, followed by premature attempts to come back too quickly when you start to feel less pain. Unless Richie has had a really top class surgeon who worked on him then it's very possible that he will feel the effects of this injury for many many years.

All we can do is wish him the very best of luck and hope his recovery now is swift.

• Agree 2