FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

By my calculations, these are the only players capable of first team action unless I've missed anyone.

19 fit players, 2 goalkeepers, 6 defenders, 4 midfielders, 5 forwards and 2 youth. 2 of these on loan

Mark RIDGERS - Cameron MACKAY

Nikola UJDUR - James CARRAGHER - Danny DEVINE - Morgan BOYES (loan) - Jake DAVIDSON - Wallace DUFFY

Max ANDERSON (loan)
David CARSON
Cameron HARPER
Charlie GILMOUR

Aaron DORAN
Luis LONGSTAFF
Nathan SHAW
Adam BROOKS
Billy MCKAY

Roddy MACGREGOR (injured)
Lewis NICOLSON (injured)
Austin SAMUELS (injured)
Harry LODOVICA (injured)
Keith BRAY (youth)
Robbie THOMPSON (youth)

• Thank You 2

27 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

By my calculations, these are the only players capable of first team action unless I've missed anyone.

19 fit players, 2 goalkeepers, 6 defenders, 4 midfielders, 5 forwards and 2 youth. 2 of these on loan

Nikola UJDUR - James CARRAGHER - Danny DEVINE - Morgan BOYES (loan) - Jake DAVIDSON - Wallace DUFFY

Max ANDERSON (loan)
David CARSON
Cameron HARPER
Charlie GILMOUR

Aaron DORAN
Luis LONGSTAFF
Nathan SHAW
Adam BROOKS
Billy MCKAY

Lewis NICOLSON (injured)
Austin SAMUELS (injured)
Harry LODOVICA (injured)
Keith BRAY (youth)
Robbie THOMPSON (youth)

There is also the young goal keeper Corey Patterson, along with some other u18,s ( some on loan to Highland League clubs), including Sam Nixon, Callum McLeod, Jack Walker, Callum McKay, Ethan Cairns, Matthew Strachan. All are contracted, but as you say unlikely to feature in the first team at present. 

Yes, I trimmed it down to those that are left and might get a game if we are struggling for bodies. 

Realistically, we are down to the bare bones, 15 fit outfield players and two (very good) youngsters in Bray and Thompson who would have been better used instead of wasting money on Sheridan.

• Agree 4

After next weeks cup games it is catch up in the league.

if QP beat Dunfermline we go down to 8th. Then if Ayr beat Arbroath we go down to 9th.

from your list I see

Goalie

a back 3. Decent

4 midfielders  playing sideways/ backwards football

2 forwards. Who contribute

10 players  

and none of them will have a pop at goal

Were doomed unless Dunc uses his English contacts to get a player like Easton at raith ( a Jonny hayes hopefully)

a midfielder that can break at pace through the lines

someone to help billy.

Oh and a proper right back, we haven’t had one since David raven. ( Rooney was a galloper going forward but not great defensively)

yet again on Friday,  we lose a goal from our right side.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, tm4tj said:

Max ANDERSON (loan)
David CARSON
Cameron HARPER
Charlie GILMOUR

Aaron DORAN
Luis LONGSTAFF
Nathan SHAW
Adam BROOKS
Billy MCKAY

Lewis NICOLSON (injured)
Austin SAMUELS (injured)
Harry LODOVICA (injured)
Keith BRAY (youth)
Robbie THOMPSON (youth)

MacGregor has been on the bench recently so we can probably treat him as available for match days. 

• Like 1

But not fully fit, Doran is the same.

To be honest, we need about five players, as we could also lose Boyes and Anderson, and who knows what is going on with Ujdur.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, tm4tj said:

To be honest, we need about five players, as we could also lose Boyes and Anderson, and who knows what is going on with Ujdur.

I hope we don't loose Boyes and Anderson unless there are two better players coming in, no more like Sheridan please.

• Thank You 1

15 hours ago, tm4tj said:

In all fairness, Niko was running effectively a one man band from when he arrived til Morton away. Far and away the best defender of the lot and it clearly caught up to him, but a linkup of him, Devine and Carragher should be a quality defensive line

• Well Said 1

• 2 weeks later...
Keith has gone on loan to Elgin City for the remainder of season 2023/2024 to get some much needed game time.

1 hour ago, tm4tj said:

Keith has gone on loan to Elgin City for the remainder of season 2023/2024 to get some much needed game time.

Bonnyrigg have a rearranged fixture against them on 6 Feb so I’ll pop along. Always good to see how much Ross Draper’s waistline has expanded too. Any of the Edinburgh contingent free that night, it’s not really the Wild West and you can get a direct bus from the city centre right to the door.

Better going somewhere to play than sit on the bench for the rest of the season if the manager doesn't think he's ready. Suspect if we get short on numbers etc he's able to be recalled and at his age doesn't need to relocate.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Eagle4Caley said:

Seems like a decent signing, which along with Samuel, sounds like a [temporary] improved squad, now if we can just get Eberechi Eze, that will sort the midfield out [yes I'm being silly with that last one, can we tempt Polworth back?]

I don’t think he would come back if he was offered a chance as he got so much personal abuse from our own fans. 

1 hour ago, jed5697 said:

Good player with a lot of experience and playing at right back will allow a bit of juggling 🤹🏻  keep the balls rolling 🏌️♂️

Aye, juggle Davidson back to Queens and save a wage 😂

5 minutes ago, IBM said:

I don’t think he would come back if he was offered a chance as he got so much personal abuse from our own fans. 

He’s 29 and still getting a game in the prem for central belt clubs as a journeyman. Might get him back when he’s 33 😂

• 2 weeks later...

Our January transfer dealings looking more and more bizarre by the match.  So much focus spent on bringing in new defenders when that clearly wasn't the problem.  We have one of the best defensive records in the division and the players brought in are no improvement on what we had. We still have no creativity with the likes of Roddy Mcgregor not getting a kick.  You have to question what on earth the actual plan is.

32 minutes ago, Hiro said:

Our January transfer dealings looking more and more bizarre by the match.  So much focus spent on bringing in new defenders when that clearly wasn't the problem.  We have one of the best defensive records in the division and the players brought in are no improvement on what we had. We still have no creativity with the likes of Roddy Mcgregor not getting a kick.  You have to question what on earth the actual plan is.

Most teams in our division would love to have a Roddy McGregor. Why would you not play him ? Been on that bench apparently fit so why is he not getting a game ? 

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, caley1 said:

Most teams in our division would love to have a Roddy McGregor. Why would you not play him ? Been on that bench apparently fit so why is he not getting a game ? 

Would they?

If he had played more than a handful of games in two years he might be in  the frame. But he's been near permanently broken so will have to work his way back in. 

• Agree 2

On 2/11/2024 at 10:47 AM, Satan said:

Would they?

If he had played more than a handful of games in two years he might be in  the frame. But he's been near permanently broken so will have to work his way back in. 

Wonder if a midfield of Keith Bray and Roddy might have created a few more attacking options but we’ll never find out. We will however help develop players for Luton and Everton who haven’t played any senior football before.