FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

Again sensible to give him a short term deal to see how he does. Hopefully, like Wotherspoon, he does enough to warrant an extension. We have been light on goals so the focus has been on the correct part of the pitch since Ferguson joined.

I wonder if any of the squad will be “released by mutual consent” in January. 

Edited by Robert

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Sean Welsh released for free...while Queens Park were chasing for his signature...

...I think the board have invested in some of Dingwalls primary export...

Was on the cards for a long time. He just sold his house in Inverness after buying one in Edinburgh in the summer. 

As said on another thread, Sean Welsh has been a great servant to the club, but sadly the last few seasons have been blighted by injury so we’ve not seen that much of him.

He deserves our appreciation for what he was able to contribute during his time here. 

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, robbo1985 said:

Yeah also can't understand why didn't hold out for even a small fee given he was still under contract until the summer 🤷‍♂️

Well, giving someone a free is often a sign of appreciation by a club - not standing in the way of a move that the player wants.

With a more business-like hat on, it may be that even a small fee might have scuppered the deal, in which case we'd have been paying his wages until the summer.

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

28 minutes ago, Satan said:

Harry Hennem...

I thought he was a good player anytime I seen him play and would have stayed with us a a senior player but he must have reached his level.

On 1/12/2024 at 2:48 PM, snorbens_caleyman said:

Well, giving someone a free is often a sign of appreciation by a club - not standing in the way of a move that the player wants.

With a more business-like hat on, it may be that even a small fee might have scuppered the deal, in which case we'd have been paying his wages until the summer.

Take on board your reply but I respectfully disagree.  I don't think gifting one of our better players to one of our relegation rivals was sensible from either a football or business perspective...today being a case in point.... 

6 minutes ago, robbo1985 said:

Take on board your reply but I respectfully disagree.  I don't think gifting one of our better players to one of our relegation rivals was sensible from either a football or business perspective...today being a case in point.... 

Reality is though he only plays 50% of games so technically in terms of value is costing twice what a player with better fitness does. Couple that with being in his 30s and probably leaving end of season it's a gamble being made which will hopefully allow some fresh quality to come in.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

It is interesting that although Welsh had not played a full 90 minutes for us all season, he was fit enough to be able to do so for Queens Park today.  

Yes I thought that as well :ohmy:  He has gone now and we have to look forward.

On 1/12/2024 at 6:49 PM, Oferesbumfiddle said:

Thought Hyde would’ve been able to get a better loan then Brora. Maybe an Elgin level

Brora likely able to make a greater contribution towards wages than many others.