FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

2023/24 Pre-Season

Robert

Credit where credit is due, as someone who was becoming frustrated about the lack of ticketing information coming out regarding our early fixtures this season, this is a positive gesture from the club and will hopefully attract a good crowd.  Looks like the sun will be out too 🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

54 minutes ago, robbo1985 said:

Credit where credit is due, as someone who was becoming frustrated about the lack of ticketing information coming out regarding our early fixtures this season, this is a positive gesture from the club and will hopefully attract a good crowd.  Looks like the sun will be out too 🙂

Agreed. A positive at last. 👏

42 minutes ago, Robert said:

A great decision by the club. Pre season friendlies attract little interest so hopefully this encourages a decent number to attend. 

Pity that there is some outdoor entertainment planned for Glasgow this weekend, might be some youthful types attending that instead.

Hope the weather holds.

Elgin have played four matches already, losing to Forres, beating Rothes, then losing to both Huntly and Banks O’Dee so they’ve done poorly so far.

I know these games are about fitness and getting game time for players, and maybe seeing some trialists in action, but we ought to win comfortably.

3 hours ago, Robert said:

Elgin have played four matches already, losing to Forres, beating Rothes, then losing to both Huntly and Banks O’Dee so they’ve done poorly so far.

I know these games are about fitness and getting game time for players, and maybe seeing some trialists in action, but we ought to win comfortably.

And sent Draper hameward tae think again!! 🤣

I’m planning the game tomorrow. Do they publish team lines for friendlies and have them available in the shop?

Presumably any trialists will just be listed as trialists so unless anyone recognises any we will be none the wiser.

Anyone else planning it?

Edited by Robert

15 minutes ago, Robert said:

I’m planning the game tomorrow. Do they publish team lines for friendlies and have them available in the shop?

Presumably any trialists will just be listed as trialists so unless anyone recognises any we will be none the wiser.

Anyone else planning it?

Although it’s just been a few weeks since our cup final it seems longer so I’m looking forward to seeing a game of football and seeing the new guys play. 

18 minutes ago, Robert said:

Anyone else planning it?

Yea, myself and my son are going. Can't wait to see lice football again, and picking up our tickets for the Bonnyrigg and Airdrie games.

52 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

That's LIVE football, I really don't think the football was lice!!!!!

Some on here may adopt that as their slogan if the team does badly!!

• Funny 1

On 7/5/2023 at 8:25 AM, tm4tj said:

🔜 The club is pleased to announce that this Saturday's match against Elgin City will be FREE entry for all supporters with the club inviting donations for Section 94's Raise the Roof campaign.

Full Info👉 https://ictfc.com/match-info-ictfc-v-elgin-city-friendly-match-08-07-2023/

Hopefully this raises a good few thousand pounds for the roof.

6' | 1-0 GOAL! We're ahead through Aaron Doran as he opens the scoring with a composed lop over Daniel Hoban!
10' | 1-0 SAVE! Daniel Hoban is forced into a good save by Austin Samuels as he was played through on goal.
12' | 1-1 GOAL! Elgin equalise through Brian Cameron after he produces a good finish past Ridgers
15' | 2-1 GOAL! We're back ahead through Austin Samuels. The striker finishes well after a good move involving Davidson and Thompson! 
42' | 2-1 CHANCE! Good ball from Doran finds Samuels in the box but the striker's effort is over the bar and behind.
45+' | 3-1 GOAL! It's another for Austin Samuels as he gets his second of the match. The ball breaks to the striker through on goal and he produces another composed finish past Hoban.
HALF TIME: ICTFC 3-1 Elgin City 

62' | 4-1 GOAL! Billy Mckay makes it 4-1 with a good finish as he meets Nathan Shaw's cross inside the box. 

FULL TIME: ICTFC 4-1 Elgin City 

We win our first pre-season match back thanks to a double from Austin Samuels and goals from Aaron Doran and Billy Mckay.

• Thank You 1

Half time 3-1. Doran scored then Cameron equalised before two from Samuels. Looks like 11 changes will be made at the break.

Quite comfortable other than a couple of slack moments. Some robust challenges by Draper: nothing changes!

Gilmour looks good. Saw less of Davidson. Of the others, Doran and Thomson the picks for me.

Crowd announced as over 1000. 

Edited by Robert
  • Thank You 1

Trialist number 19 for Caley Thistle has been revealed as Sam Nixon. A player from the Caley Thistle youth set-up.

FULL TIME: ICTFC 4-1 Elgin City 

We win our first pre-season match back thanks to a double from Austin Samuels and goals from Aaron Doran and Billy Mckay.

Enjoyable enough afternoon. After the flurry of early goals, the game settled down to really be a training session for us after the first half water break.

Doran opened the scoring with a long distance lob over the goalie before Cameron equalised. It all stemmed from a slack pass back by Devine which went for a corner. Samuels restored the lead after a nice move and made it comfortable before the break after another good spell of fast play.

In the second half we started positively with some eager play by the youngsters. Mckay got the fourth after more decent build up play.

Our trialist was a big forward who was more than a match for Draper physically and had a goal disallowed for offside. He was working hard and seemed quite pacy but it is hard to tell if he is what we need.

In the first half, Gilmour and Thomson were the picks for me, plus Samuels for his goals. Davidson was steady whilst Brooks was not in the squad.

After the break, Nicolson, Cairns, Strachan and Bray all looked comfortable. MacGregor’s movement and work rate were very good.

For their first outing, albeit against a poor Elgin team, it was encouraging.

The crowd was announced as 1040 which was very credible.

Draper hasn’t changed. He had some meaty challenges which would have attracted cards in a competitive match! That said, he still looks a decent player.

Edited by Robert
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

22 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

How was the team set up then? Were Davidson and Cammy the full backs?

Yes in the first half. Carson and Nicolson were full backs after the break but Carson moved into midfield with Bray at right back prior to Bray being replaced by Nixon late on.

Samuels started as striker but he and Hennem were swapping roles at times in the first half. Hennem started wide right. Doran was on the left with Thomson no 10.

After  the break, we were mainly 4 4 2 with Mckay and the trialist up front and Shaw and Cairns wide. Shaw started on the right with Cairns on the left but they switched part was through the half.

All the youngsters acquitted themselves well. 

Edited by Robert
  • Thank You 3

I should also mention that Doran had a good game. He was positive and seemed more confident in his pace, taking defenders on a couple of times whilst his lob was a cool finish.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

1 hour ago, Robert said:

I should also mention that Doran had a good game. He was positive and seemed more confident in his pace, taking defenders on a couple of times whilst his lob was a cool finish.

Yes, I agree, Doran looked back to his old self, good pace and intelligent passes, good awareness for his goal, and he looks as fit as I've seen him for some time. Let's hope he can have an injury free season, as he can play down the wing or in the hole. I also was impressed with Gilmour, some good touches and drive, and he is quite vocal in the midfield, where we tend to be quite quiet.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic