Robert

For completeness our formations:

First half:

Ridgers

Davidson Devine Delaney Harper

Welsh Gilmour

Hennem Thomson Doran

Samuels

with Samuels and Hennem switching roles at times.

Second half:

MacKay

Carson Duffy Strachan Nicolson

Shaw MacGregor Bray Cairns

Mckay Trialist

with Shaw and Cairns switching part way through the half and Carson and Bray also switching. Nixon then came on for Bray at right back.

Ram did not feature. I assume he’s still with us but he must still be carrying his injury from last season. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1
  • Thank You 2

The pics of him yesterday do seem to match ones on Harry Lodovica, and even the black headband matches. 

Aveley FC had a home friendly v Dagenham and Redbridge yesterday so I hoped to confirm he wasn’t in their squad but they didn’t publish team lines anywhere online as far as I can see. A club with worse communication and social media than us?!

2 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Anyone got a monkey who the number 18 was? All that's been dug up is that its Harry Lodovica...but he signed for Aveley at the start of June...unless he's pulling a Willo Flood, I doubt he'd run away for a trial without even playing a game...

With them being at a low level, he’s maybe got an agreement that they won’t stand in his way if a better team comes in for him. That’s if it is him of course. The link I posted in the squad update thread says he’s a midfielder but the number 18 was a striker yesterday. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

Maybe a loan deal, or his contract has a release clause allowing him to go if a club at a certain level comes in for him, or his registration with Aveley didn't complete for some reason?

3 hours ago, STFU said:

Maybe a loan deal, or his contract has a release clause allowing him to go if a club at a certain level comes in for him, or his registration with Aveley didn't complete for some reason?

Granted the pyramid in Englandshire is vastly different from ours but I think it unlikely that a team in the 6th level National League South would be loaning out a player to a team in the Scottish Chanmpionship - reckon the 2nd and 3rd options are the more likely scenario...

ImageNew signing Adam Brooks (Number 24) is listed as a Trialist tonight as we await SFA Clearance

6' | 0-1 GOAL! Caley Thistle take the lead. Good play from Billy Mckay down the right side and Adam Brooks finishes to open the scoring!

7' | 0-2 GOAL! It's Adam Brooks again! He gets his second of the night within a minute of his opener as he capitalises on a mistake at the back, taking the ball past the Nairn keeper.

18' | 0-2 Adam Brooks thinks he's got his hat-trick as he meets Billy Mckay's cross in the box and finishes past the keeper but the offside flag is up.

19' | 0-3 GOAL! It's 3-0 to Caley Thistle! Nathan Shaw's corner isn't dealt with by the Nairn defence as the ball goes in off one of the Nairn players.

24' | 0-4 GOAL! It's 4-0 to Caley Thistle as Billy Mckay gets on the scoresheet. Good work from the striker in the box as he finishes low past the Nairn keeper.

30' | 0-4 Adam Brooks drags one wide after linking up well with Billy Mckay

HALF TIME: Nairn County 0-4 Inverness CT.

All change for the second half

Ridgers, Harper, Devine, Gilmour, Doran, Samuels, Davidson, Trialist (Harry), Cairns, Strachan, Thompson

55' | 0-5 GOAL! Ethan Cairns makes it five with a close range header after meeting Aaron Doran's corner in the box.

84' | 0-5 Trialist (number 18) sees a shot from the edge of the box saved

87' | 0-6 GOAL! Austin Samuels makes it 6 with a great finish after being played clean through on goal.

89' | 0-6 Cameron Harper's cross finds Aaron Doran in the box but his shot is over the bar.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

I guess I’m the only person nerdy enough to notice this, but the name of the Nairn player Angus Dey is weirdly similar to Agnus Dei, a biblical nickname of Jesus Christ.

Looks like it :blink:

• Funny 1

9 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

Would love to get tokely on the wyness podcast to see what he thought. 

From what I can tell, three squad members have not appeared so far so presumably have injuries: Max Ram, Lewis Hyde and Calum Mackay. Anyone know anything?

34 minutes ago, Robert said:

From what I can tell, three squad members have not appeared so far so presumably have injuries: Max Ram, Lewis Hyde and Calum Mackay. Anyone know anything?

We saw Lewis just before the Elgin game, he came out of the player's entrance in training gear. He said hello and looked OK, I mean he wasn't limping or on crutches, so we thought we'd see him in the squad, but he wasn't. 

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
On 6/16/2023 at 11:12 PM, Robert said:

We are playing Lossiemouth away on 20 July.

The game was announced by Lossiemouth but our club has never mentioned it. It has been confirmed today that the match is not going ahead.