FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

v Ayr United (A)

tm4tj

2 minutes ago, Satan said:

2 ? !!!!!

Corrected!

I did mention Covid brain fog earlier in this thread! That’s my only excuse!!

I look forward to hearing from those at the game how we played and what our tactics were.

9 minutes ago, robbylad said:

If his remit includes scouting,  surely he has to see the team play to know what areas need strengthening. 

No, it’s absolutely not the role of a scout to decide what we need. He should get told what we need and then needs to find someone to fit the bill.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

Pity most of  recent comments are on Robbo (me included ) and not on todays game. I wasn’t at the match and would like to hear from those that were. BBC reports that we came close on more than 3 good chances but failed to get the equaliser. 
Doesn’t sound as though we were too far away from getting something from the game? Just wish we could get through a game without loosing a goal. Not meaning to discard any attacking play, just right now it’s always a claw back position which piles the pressure on the team as the clock ticks down.

• Like 1

I was at the match today, very disappointing.  Lacking quality and composure in a variety of positions and rarely look a threat going forward.  Ayr weren't great either but once again played with more urgency and determination.  Some may blame the referee but he was not the reason we lost.

Got back in the car and heard John Robertson on Radio Scotland talking about the County game.... Said to myself surely it's not ICT Sporting Director John Robertson..... Others on this forum have highlighted it was.....

Early signs are this could be a long hard season to endure.... 

• Like 2

Caley Thistle lose five competitive games in a row for the first time since January 2009, when Craig Brewster was manager and Gordon Brown was Prime Minister.

At least that run of defeats included Celtic and Rangers rather than Dumbarton and Airdrie

• Thoughtful 1
  • Sad 1

Just listened to Barry's post match interview on YouTube,  same Shyte as last week I'm afraid, Usual fare, slow to start, low energy, missed half chances, conceded a goal which was coming.

To me it looks like Brewsters team on his second term as manager, going though the motions with a lack of confidence. 

I wish I could ask some questions.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

There have been instances of other players downing tools to force a change of coach or manager. Now, I'm not saying our players would even contemplate doing that and I'm sure that everything in the club is happy and rosy, but there must be a reason why the coaches say the team is slow to start and low on energy? Is it the training? The tactics? Lack of fitness? Or lack of good quality coaches?

• Well Said 1
  • Thoughtful 2

2 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

There have been instances of other players downing tools to force a change of coach or manager. Now, I'm not saying our players would even contemplate doing that and I'm sure that everything in the club is happy and rosy, but there must be a reason why the coaches say the team is slow to start and low on energy? Is it the training? The tactics? Lack of fitness? Or lack of good quality coaches?

What is puzzling me is the absence of Sean Welsh...last seen completing a full game in the Scottish Cup Final, not even mentioned currently...anyone know if he is injured? We seem to be missing a leader in midfield and one in the back four [did people see Robbie Deas being highly commended in his match in the SPL last week at Kilmarnock, he's not been replaced]. No sign of Duffy or Ram [will he ever be fully fit]. And the subs bench looking thin already? In all the games we've lost we have had chances to get something out of them [it seems from reports] but our defence looks frail.

Sometimes margins between success and failure are small

Two weeks before the Airdrie game...lets hope we use it wisely!

Edited by Eagle4Caley
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eagle4Caley said:

What is puzzling me is the absence of Sean Welsh...last seen completing a full game in the Scottish Cup Final, not even mentioned currently...anyone know if he is injured?

He’s got a groin injury (from Tm4tj’s excellent preview). 

• Like 1

We’re never going to win many games with Sean Welsh missing. We’ve got loads of players who can play CM but that’s quantity not quality. If Sean wasn’t forever carrying knocks he wouldn’t be with us. 

• Like 1

The really depressing thing is, you really don't have to be very good nowadays to have a better than even chance of beating ICT.

The fantastic work and even better achievements of the first 22 years of our history has been completely undone by what has happened in the last 7.

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 2

43 minutes ago, DWH said:

The really depressing thing is, you really don't have to be very good nowadays to have a better than even chance of beating ICT.

The fantastic work and even better achievements of the first 22 years of our history has been completely undone by what has happened in the last 7.

Sadly, I can't disagree. Rather than give Dodds a 2 year contract the Board should have shown some ambition and appointed Warren, Tremarco and Draper. In fact they should have done that in 2016 instead of Foran.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic