FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

v Ayr United (A)

tm4tj

12 minutes ago, Peleistheman said:

While we are  goal down again, I hear Robbo on BBC praising up the County squad and new style of play. What's going on.

Happy enough to take a Wage out of the club though. Bloody disgrace 

• Agree 4
  • Well Said 3
  • Facepalm 1

The club needs to clarify Robertson's role  and whether he takes a salary from the club. If he does then, as Director of Fottball, he needs to be at our away games and ditch the radio duties. Even if no salary received it's tone deaf behaviour from both Robbo and the club. 

• Agree 10

6 minutes ago, ymip said:

The club needs to clarify Robertson's role  and whether he takes a salary from the club. If he does then, as Director of Fottball, he needs to be at our away games and ditch the radio duties. Even if no salary received it's tone deaf behaviour from both Robbo and the club. 

Why would you think he wouldn't get paid!? Hes not a volunteer. I'd imagine he's on a very good salary.  

Club have never even confirmed his contact extension. 

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, caley1 said:

Happy enough to take a Wage out of the club though. Bloody disgrace 

The club has loads of employees who won’t be at our game today, only the playing, coaching and relevant support staff are required to travel. If Robbo is on a Mon-Fri 9-5 contract then I guess he can do whatever he wants on his days off, and he chooses to do a bit of media work. The optics aren’t good though and I’d rather our sporting director showed a bit more commitment to the club and travelled with them a bit more. He shouldn’t be forced to, he should want to.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

The club has loads of employees who won’t be at our game today, only the playing, coaching and relevant support staff are required to travel. If Robbo is on a Mon-Fri 9-5 contract then I guess he can do whatever he wants on his days off, and he chooses to do a bit of media work. The optics aren’t good though and I’d rather our sporting director showed a bit more commitment to the club and travelled with them a bit more. He shouldn’t be forced to, he should want to.

Well if the club would like to clarify that would help fans understand more 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Well Said 1

20 minutes ago, caley1 said:

Well if the club would like to clarify that would help fans understand more 

Scott Gardiner once explained Robbo’s role on the podcast, think it was about a year ago. The role did not involve any involvement with the squad or any matchday duties, I recall it was all about development/commercial projects and scouting. Whether the role and responsibilities are the right ones for the club is another discussion, but I’d say it was at least explained.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

31 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

One of the top 3 men at the club on what will be a good wage will not be on a Mon to Friday 9-5 contract. It is absolutely reasonable to expect our 'Sporting Director' who is apparently key when it comes to scouting and signings to attend our games home and away it's not like ot will be at any cost to him. 

If it's not that important that he needs to bother watching 1st team games then the question has to be asked, what does he actually do? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Well Said 1

7 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Dodds did say pre match that once we cut out silly mistakes we will give a side a good hammering.

Thankfully he's no just repeating the same old crap as he has the last 2 seasons. Awaiting an injury excuse to complete my bingo card this weekend.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic