FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

January Transfer window news

CaleyTennis

Another central defender on loan is strange unless we are shipping at least one out as, in my opinion, we already have sufficient cover in that area.  Hopefully we are not going to lose Boyes or Ujdur? 

Creative midfielders and proven goalscorers please Dunc! 🤞

Edited by robbo1985
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Joonya said:

Queens Park closing in on Sean Welsh, according to the Daily Record.

Big Dunc allowing him to leave.

That might explain why he’s not been restored to the captaincy.

I know he’s struggled with injuries, but when fit he’s always been a strong asset to the team.

I will be sorry to see him go if the move goes through. 

• Like 1

Sean Welsh has been a great asset and player for this team. However he is 34 in 2 months time and has really struggled with injuries. I think the time has come to find his replacement sadly. We need to put faith in Duncan to find us a player of decent quality to replace him with. I wish Sean well if he does go and I thank him for the hard work he has put in over the seasons. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Good player on his day but too unreliable in terms of fitness. Never seem to get a good run of games form him. 120 appearances in almost 6 years back that up.

Clearly shows Dunc is trying to tidy up whats in house - removing high earners perhaps who arent giving value or those not at the level required. Doran next along with Lodivica, Samuels, Ram

Edited by bdu98196
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Good player on his day but too unreliable in terms of fitness. Never seem to get a good run of games form him. 120 appearances in almost 6 years back that up.

Clearly shows Dunc is trying to tidy up whats in house - removing high earners perhaps who arent giving value or those not at the level required. Doran next along with Lodivica, Samuels, Ram & Brooks please.

Think Rams' been gone for a while now.

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Robert said:

That might explain why he’s not been restored to the captaincy.

I know he’s struggled with injuries, but when fit he’s always been a strong asset to the team.

I will be sorry to see him go if the move goes through. 

Funnily enough he sold his house a few months ago and just moved out after Christmas...not sure this is as much a shock as it seems.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Clearly shows Dunc is trying to tidy up whats in house - removing high earners perhaps who arent giving value or those not at the level required. Doran next along with Lodivica, Samuels, Ram

I would be happy to keep Doran till the end of the season as he was playing well at the start of the season.

• Agree 2

As much as I'm royally p***ed off that Welsh is off to a relegation rival I can also understand Duncan's thinking regarding his wages (and the fee of we're getting one) being useful in getting players in, preferably midfielders and a striker or two, perhaps Lee Ashcroft but I wouldn't be too disappointed if he didn't come as I'm pretty sure he's nearly or even in his 30s!

It's also good to see that Ferguson is already trying to get rid of the deadwood/injury prone players already because I don't really want us to be needing a massive rebuild in the summer, especially if we are down in league 1 but hopefully we're not!

So despite my minor rant a few days ago about our lack of incomings (which is still the case but not as concerned as I was that day) I'm more content in that it looks like DF is trying his best to reshape our squad : ictscarf:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Sean is a really nice guy and was a tremendous captain. We probably started out looking for a fee but to help both Club and player move forward found there was no point. Zak did his best but with Carragher brought in it looked like a strengthening of our defence by replacing someone not quite up to our requirement. Given that Cillian has hardly played despite quite a few opportunities it will be interesting to see what role he plays tonight. He may be heading out too. It is not beyond the bounds of possibility that a few others might be loaned out or moved on.

Three out so far - DW, SW and ZD.

One in so far - JC.

• Agree 1

With all these outgoings I think it's inevitable that we'll see some incomings over the weekend/start of next week and also with Zak gone does that hint at Lee Ashcroft opting for us or am I reading into that too much 🤔?

Anyway, tonight proves that it's the midfield and up front that need prioritised, preferably attacking midfielders that can create goals and another striker or two to lessen the pressure on Billy, hopefully Sheridan is gone soon too btw.

All I will say now is thank you Clowns Dudds/Gardiner for selling George Oakley, not one of their finest moves eh 😡?