FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

January Transfer window news

CaleyTennis

11 hours ago, BobbyDazzler said:

Peter Pawlett wasn't on trial. Will Baynham and Callum Haspell from Rothes have been training with the club and played against NCFC according to rumours 

FFS why sign or look to sign players from the bloody HIGHLAND LEAGUE when we have capable youngsters! Now I will understand if the lads are better than we currently have and have ambitions of playing at a higher level but surely we can do better than these 2 lads but I will certainly say yes to Poplatnik if he's within our budget range. 

Anyway feel free to lambast me regarding my comments on the Rothes duo but as I said yesterday I know that Duncan knows more than a **** (yes I'll say it lol) like me :ictscarf:

26 minutes ago, CaleyTennis said:

FFS why sign or look to sign players from the bloody HIGHLAND LEAGUE when we have capable youngsters! Now I will understand if the lads are better than we currently have and have ambitions of playing at a higher level but surely we can do better than these 2 lads but I will certainly say yes to Poplatnik if he's within our budget range. 

Anyway feel free to lambast me regarding my comments on the Rothes duo but as I said yesterday I know that Duncan knows more than a **** (yes I'll say it lol) like me :ictscarf:

Not lambasting you, merely pointing out that, contrary to what could be interpreted from the post you’ve picked up on, Baynham is not at Rothes. He’s playing in the States and was previously at Queens Park.

Rothes player Haspell was with us as a kid but then went to Spain.

Edited by Robert

20 minutes ago, Robert said:

Not lambasting you, merely pointing out that, contrary to what could be interpreted from the post you’ve picked up on, Baynham is not at Rothes. He’s playing in the States and was previously at Queens Park.

Rothes player Haspell was with us as a kid but then went to Spain.

Ah fair enough, I didn't know that bloke was over in US so perhaps he is a good potential signing after all 😁 and also I didn't realise that regarding Haspell either so that explains why he was training with us. 

Oh and post regarding lambasting was basically me inviting replies saying I'm wrong etc so maybe I worded it wrong which is something I tend to do a lot 😜.

Anyway I will trust Mr Ferguson's judgement on targets etc but I will ask one thing to you @IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER who is Butterfield and Sherif because I don't recognise any of them from Everton, even when watching league cup matches :O.

12 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

According to my Toffee mates approaches have been made to take Butterfield and Sherif on loan until the end of the season.

If you care to google either Butterfield and Sherif, it says they are very promising players.  In Big Dunc we believe!    I will welcome any new players, either on loan, or signed (long or short time) to ICT that improve our match day experience and keep ICT improving and giving us fans hope again.   The atmosphere since Big Dunc’s arrival is special, especially at away games when fans are very much more vocal.  

• Like 2
  • Well Said 2

Sherif is evidently marked as one for the future. He has been at Everton since he was 13, has been playing games for the Under 21's and has signed a 3 year professional contract.

Butterfield is an ex-Scottish youth international who has been on the edge of first team promotion. Another on a professional contract.

Both would enhance ICT and lets hope that Dunc is also an attraction. I can see why they would be the main choices and also available to the end of the season.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/4852834/david-wotherspoon-dundee-united-transfer-st-johnstone/

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/4854556/duncan-ferguson-david-wotherspoon-dundee-united-transfer/

Probably safe to say he has played his last game for us.  As a Dundee United player he could become a medal winner and be back in the SPFL next season. Fair to say he really helped us.

• Like 1

Hopefully Lodivica and Sheridan are on the way out. 

The more I think about the Lodivica signing the more bizarre I find it.  I'd be suspicious that it's part of some kind of fraudulent scheme.  He was hopeless on trial and had just signed for a new club yet we persevered with it anyway. Truly odd.

• Thoughtful 1

2 hours ago, Hiro said:

Hopefully Lodivica and Sheridan are on the way out. 

The more I think about the Lodivica signing the more bizarre I find it.  I'd be suspicious that it's part of some kind of fraudulent scheme.  He was hopeless on trial and had just signed for a new club yet we persevered with it anyway. Truly odd.

I think he's much like the signings we made in the summer of 2017 (Ellsdon, Zschuschan et al), just signed to fill a spot in the squad.  Our recruitment this summer was rushed, probably because our budgets weren't set until very late and there was uncertainty around the manager.  It's obvious that if we hadn't made the cup final then Dodds wouldn't have been given a new deal and even though he was he was on a shoogly peg.  

The recruitment in the last few years has been really poor, espeically permanent signings.  Since 2021 here are all the players we've signed permanently:

Anthony MacDonald, Michael Gardyne, Tom Walsh, Manny Duku, Billy Mckay, Kirk Broadfoot, Austin Samuels, Max Ram, Steven Boyd, Nathan Shaw, George Oakley, Zak Delaney, Ryan Barrett, Jake Davidson, Charlie Gilmour, Adam Brooks, Luis Longstaff, David Wotherspoon, Harry Lodovica, Cillian Sheridan.

Of those how many have been our best players?  How many have even been regular starters?  Billy Mckay and Nathan Shaw are probably the only two who fit both criteria.  Wotherspoon as well but he's on a very short term deal and will be away soon.  I think Gilmour looks pretty good but none of the others we've signed who are still at the club look like the sort of guys who are first on the team sheet.

We have had some success in the loan market - Max Anderson and Morgan Boyes seem like good additions this year and Jay Henderson, Daniel Mckay, Logan Chalmers and Sam pearson were all decent.

Overall we need a complete reset in how we bring in players.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 4

41 minutes ago, buckett said:

What's happened to all these bright young prospects we had in our youth set-up?

Exactly!! 

Anyway I see on P and B (a circus of a forum btw) that we're linked with Fraser Murray, god knows who's he's at now but I seem to recall he was at Kilmarnock previously.

6 minutes ago, BobbyDazzler said:

It's disappointing that our promising youth prospects are not getting an opportunity. I'm hearing that Jake Carrol ex Motherwell defender is on trial with us. 

We've not had much success with signing Jakes so far...

David Wotherspoon was seen at Dundee United’s training camp at St Andrews yesterday. It’s not a done deal yet apparently as they need to offload Cudjoe but terms are seemingly agreed.