FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

v Ayr @ home Mar2024

tm4tj

Actually feeling quite smug because, having been to all the home league games this season, I gave this one a miss.

Just didn't fancy the long journey home on the back of yet another draw!

But really hoping I'm made to regret this decision by missing a stunning 2nd half performance and convincing victory!

1-2 FT. That is a terrible result.

Our home form is abysmal and I seem to say it regularly but i feel so sorry for our home fans having to endure so much p1sh.

• Like 1

That was frankly desperate. I cannot think of a positive tonight.There was no fight,desire,or endeavour and we made Ayr look semi decent..Ayr first attack and they get a goal.Realistically we could play until next Saturday and never look like scoring.If it wasn't for the penalty we were never going to score.Credit to Billy for taking it and scoring.

Never mind,Dundee United next week!!!

We are so lucky that Arbroath are worse than us.

Now that must go down as one of the worst games this season,although there is a lot to chose from.

• Agree 6
  • Well Said 1

10 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

This club is so unbelievably finished. And its all thanks to that muppet upstairs. Getting the police to silence the critics isnt a good look either...

The Police? What's that about?

Edited by Duke of Inverness
  • Like 2

Why can nobody in this team run? Everything is done at walking pace! 

At no point in the game did we look like scoring. I even thought we'd miss the penalty - which certainly didn't look like a penalty from where I was!

We're going backwards! :swear:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Duke of Inverness said:

Eh, what are the police involved in? 

Fan got lifted for yelling to Scot Gardiner about how it is.

Will definately try to claim its cos he was pished, but when its one of the regulars who doesn't tend to put a toe out of line against stewards, and the fact the chants about Gardiner from that section stopped after he got hoofed and the other stewards had a go at the rest of them, its not hard to put 2 and 2 together.

Edited by Jack Waddington
  • Agree 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

Are you suggesting that SG has control over the decisions made by the police? Or that the police lift people because of the opinions they express regarding the competence of football club officials?

• Thoughtful 1

7 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Are you suggesting that SG has control over the decisions made by the police? Or that the police lift people because of the opinions they express regarding the competence of football club officials?

He has contacts at the lodge 🤫

Snapchat-1200328236.jpg

• Disagree 1
  • Funny 2

That was utter crap. But WTF happened at the end. Ferguson shook hands with the Ayr manager and went straight up the tunnel and to top it off the only player that bothered to come down near the north stand and show any kind of appreciation for the fans was Alex Samuel and he’s a Ross County player.   

• Agree 2
  • Sad 2

That was absolutely dire. Another must win game we failed to win. I'm  no longer despondent.  I'm totally  scunnered with direction we're headed in. Dodds had to go but I think we've gone backwards since then.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Douglas Mackenzie said:

The only real action in the ground and you missed it

OK. I don't go to matches anymore as I've had enough of the CEO, the club not caring about fans, Ferguson's awful tactics and subsequent garbage performances etc etc.

Don't expect any of that will change anytime soon, so mapping out other interests on Saturday afternoon's etc will likely become the norm for me. 

Happy 30th birthday ICT, not!!

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

Sat through every home game so far this season, and my god it’s been a miserable experience. Under Dodds we were awful, but I have to say since Ferguson took over it has been worse. No idea what the on field plan is (if one exists), but there is no fight, no pace, no urgency and no clue. It’s not as if the opposition is anything special, but they don’t need to be. We look nailed on for the relegation play off place, and there is precious little to give confidence that we could survive that.

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 2
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

He does have previous, recently getting stewards to move in to stop an individual speaking (in a friendly way) to players, so it's not that big a stretch for him to have a word with the match commander (or whatever we have). 

• Facepalm 1

Well that was my first home game of the season and probably my last. Having said that we could have been three up after 15 minutes !! No leaders and it looked like many having a pop at each other - no width whatsoever - no real sense of urgency - no apparent training field preparations or ploys. Worst for me was that we were bullied by Ayr not outplayed. Afraid that Dunc is employing an English League 1/2 mentality. Absolutely obvious that we are a patched up side with no sense of understanding how our peers play. Final summary is that I witnessed more dog sit today than I did walking along the Battery Site !!

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

A lovely day for a game of football but the storm clouds are gathering around the stadium.  On the whole, I think the players put a lot of effort in and tried their best, but the sad fact is, that as a group, they just aren't good enough.  Again we started brightly and with a bit more quality could have been 2 up in the first 15 minutes.  Ayr were no great shakes, but once they settled into the game, we rarely found any space where it mattered.  

There are times when we pass the ball neatly in midfield and keep possession, but when we get into the final third and and are put under more pressure, we either lose the ball or pass it back.  We create very little.  It is clear that Fergusson has his preferred way of playing and he ain't going to change it.  He wants us to play out from the back and through the park.  It's brilliant to watch when Manchester City do it, but with all due respect to our lads, they don't have the vision or skill to do it.  Time and time again we start to play out from the back and are just too slow to make progress, we allow the opposition to regroup and organise their defence and we can't find a way through.  It's just boring.

Edited by DoofersDad
  • Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Well Said 2
  • Funny 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic