FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

[merged] Squad/Tactics for Rangers Game

Guest TinCanFan

Guest TinCanFan

It might be a bit early but here's my squad for the Rangers game:                                                                                   

1. Fraser

2. Tokely                          5.McCaffery                                                14.Munro                                            16.Hastings

7. Wilson                          8. Black                                                      15. Cowie                                            24. Rankin

9. Bayne                                                    21. McDonald                   

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fraser

Tokely  McCaffrey  Munro ©  Hastings

Wilson  Duncan  Black  Rankin

Wyness  Bayne

Subs

Ridgers

Duff (U21)

Sutherland (U21)

McBain/Hart (?)

Cowie

Paatelainen

McDonald

Fraser

Tokely                    McCaffrey                          Munro ©                      Hastings

Cowie                    Black                                  Rankin                            McBain

Wyness                              McDonald

Subs:

Ridgers

Duff

Sutherland

Wilson (Subbed for Cowie at some stage)

Duncan

Bayne (Subbed for McDonald at some stage)

Paatelainen

Guest TinCanFan

Big question mark over Hart, but he was by far our best player before the end of last season!

He was pretty hopeless at the game against Dunfermline.

Hart didn't play in the 3-1 home defeat so I'm guessing tin Can Fan means the game we won 2-1.

Anyway I'm a bit surprised everyone has picked Wilson in there team I have a sneaking suspicion he will be replaced by Cowie this season and be more of a super sub.

Guest TinCanFan

Hart didn't play in the 3-1 home defeat so I'm guessing tin Can Fan means the game we won 2-1.

That's the one I mean.

Anyway I'm a bit surprised everyone has picked Wilson in there team I have a sneaking suspicion he will be replaced by Cowie this season and be more of a super sub.

I hope not. The game I saw Cowie play for County he was hopeless!

I would be disappointed if Bayne did not start up front, With Wyness or Mcdonald. id be inclined to go with Wyness at first introduce Mcdonald early in the second half if the game is going away from us, maybe last 15-20 mins otherwise.

Perhaps not at all if we are controlling the game.

FRASER

TOKELY McCAFFREY MUNRO HASTINGS                              SUBS: RIDGERS,McBAIN,WYNESS,WILSON,SUTHERLAND,McALLISTER,

PATELINEN

COWIE DUNCAN BLACK RANKIN

BAYNE McDONALD                                 

the biggest dilema for me has to be Bayne, Wyness or Macdonald.

Bayne - Wyness    -    Didnt work that effictively last season, but dennis might pick himself up from last season. We all know what he is capible of.

Wyness - Macdonald    -  Two small strikers is an unnatractive prospect, however, macdonald is a hard working and constuctive attacking player and wyness has been known as a striker to put the ball in the back of the net.

Bayne - Macdonald    -  Strong hold up play from bayne and positive attacking flair from Dean could provide fire up front.

Dont forget Rory, although i can see him having to wait a while to get in the frame.

Fraser

Rossco        Munro      Caff        Hastings

Rankin      Black      Wilson

Wyness

Bayne        Nickaliilimacnikili

Subs Macdonald,Cowie,Duncan,

:024:

Fraser

Rossco   Caff   Grantie   Hastings

Markus  Black  Duncan  Rankin

McDonald   Niculae

SUBS:

Ridgers

Duff (U21)

New defender

Baz

Cowie

Bayne

Rory (U21)

Would definetly have wyness in for rory if it weren't for the under-21 rule!

Tokely, McCaffrey, Munro and Hastings is basically our only option for 4 at the back, I've chosen Paatelainen over Wilson and Sutherland, because they're getting on and not ready respectively. Black and Duncan both quite defensive players, allowing attack-minded Paatelainen and Rankin forward to support the front two, Dean McDonald, quick player who can run and create the chances, for a proven scorer in Marius Niculae.

I don't think Don Cowie is of the same standard as any of those midfielders!

maybe a bit early before i pick my ideal team but heres wot i would go with for now

fraser

rossco  caff    munro      hastings

wilson  black    duncan  rankin

deano    niculae                                   

Guest TinCanFan

Can actually see neither McDonaland or Niculae starting against rangers.

Why?  Or do you think ICT should put them on together in the second half as "super subs".

Can actually see neither McDonaland or Niculae starting against rangers.

Why?  Or do you think ICT should put them on together in the second half as "super subs".

I concur, yes it's great getting new talent in the team but what would putting them straight into the starting line-up do for the team spirit? They need to earn a place on the pitch like everyone else.

Guest totalfootball

fraser

rossco  caff          munro      hastings

wilson  black    duncan  rankin

wyness    niculae 

After watching Wyness at Bourough Brigs I dont think he's ready for a start just yet. Got the feeling he was holding back a bit. Perhaps still nervous of further injury to his shoulder.

Bayne as the holding player with Sutherland making the runs could be an option.

Guest theflamehaired1

Wonder what this would be like....

Fraser

Roscoe        Granty      Caff      Hastings

Duncan/McBain

Zander/Wilson                    Rankin/MarcusP

Niculae

Bayne    Deano

Not necessarily with those players, but I can see Duncan sitting in front of defence, and I'm told Niculae would fit nicely between front two and midfield.

Think up front Bayne-Deano combo might hit the spot, big Graham holding it up for miniMac to slot it away.

If it was going well Niculae off and Black or Hart in and back to 442.

Wyness or (sigh) Rory on for a wee while at the end.

Can't see CC liking a diamond though.

And he picks the squad not me and that's for a reason.

But it's clear we have plenty choice. Not a great deal of cover though, esp. defenders. Hopefully that'll get sorted out soon enough though.