FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Another shocker!

ICTodd

I have joined this site right now, to vent my absolute disgust and embarrasment of Caley's "football" right now. This was my second game in as many weeks where i got to witness this "football" being played. I had the pleasure of watching them get destroyed by Aberdeen in the cup as I currently live there. It was a joke, and i walked out off there with my jacket zipped up not because I didn't want to get started on by Aberdeen fans or anything, no, it was out off sheer DISGUST from watching the game!

Now to this weeks game, WTF?! Bayne? Duncan?! MaCafery?!??!?! who the **** are these s**** players?! None of them are worthy to play in ANY team at any level!

Bayne was an absolute joke today. I find it ironic that for the first time this seaon we started the game playing the ball on the ground, and it was BAYNE who started! He cannot control ANYTHING! poor touch after poor touch, mis timed runs, and when someone does PUNT the ball (are obvious style of play right now) his "height" doen't even help him there, as he can't place the ball anywhere and just jumps up in hope he might get a touch! poor Wyness having this "partner" up front! Niculae hasn't scored a goal yet, but when we're putting that s**** on the park, no wonder!

As for the ref today, thats another topic! EVERYTIME there was a challange, Motherwell got a free kick. EVERYTIME a Motherwell player held ANYTHING after a challenge, they got a free kick. Bayne (and I'm not defending him here, this is just a comment on bad refeering) when he went up for the ball was held onto, nothing given, and when it happened that a Motherwell player was "held" free kick! Tokely from my point off view, did not deserve a red card, but a yellow at the most. He made contact but not much, and on a player who had no influence on the play unfolding! red cards are meant for impeding challenges on a player through on goal, or a particularly hefty challenge and this was neither! McBain went in for a 50-50 challenge, and as they both fought to get up he was held on the ground as he was going to be 1st to the ball. The linesman was right beside it, and the ref didn't call for anything, and it was only when McBain confronted the linesman, that the ref came over, and bizzarly gave the free kick  :017: If McBain hadn't challenge the descision nothing would have been given! The ref had a shocker and controlled the game worse than Bayne trying to control the ball

It was a joke...the ref, the preformance, and Brewster as well. Brewster made some awful choices going into this match with his team line-up and lack of tactics. Also during the game it was like having Charlie back in the dugout as nothing was done to help! Bayne should have come off at half time, Black should have stayed on, and Wilson should have started!

CRAP CRAP CRAP! WE ARE LUCKY WE HAVE GRETNA IN THIS LEAGUE OR WE WOULD BE F*****!!!! 

Welcome Todd.

Your passion is admirable.

It is challenge.

Stick around, if my experience is anything to go by, you will see worse.

There will also be better days.

Not harsh at all when Bayne  plays we lose not only Niculuae but Wyness as well. As a target man he cant hold the ball up doesnt bring anybody into the game around him and his positioning in around the penalty area is woeful .

Countless times our attacks (long punts) are broken down with him jumping into the defendergiving away free kicks and possesion.

FFS Brewster sort it out.

Guest Calum-Red-an-Blue

to be fair to bayne he wasnt playing much different than he usually does (which isn't that impressive) but whatever he did the ref was on to him. have they got a history or something because it was extreamly harsh oin him :029:

In fairness to the ref he got the Bayne sending off spot on. He had a late challenge in the first half that surprisingly wasn't punished. He then had another one of these aerial duals which resulted in a card. Perhaps more for persistent fouling as opposed to the foul in that instance.

To then lunge in as he did on the Well player into the 2nd half was insane. There was no danger at that moment, the ball was on the half way line! He left the Ref with no option. He had to go.

As I said elsewhere, Bayne was in a lose-lose situation today.  Firstly he can't jump without closing his eyes and leading with his elbows and the Ref wasn't going to be letting him away with it at any point, and secondly the tactics were hoof it high up the park to Bayne which meant he had no option but to be jumping and challenging.

To have continued as long as we did with the player and the tactics was suicide and we paid the price....the only person who should shoulder any blame for that is Brewster.

As I said elsewhere, Bayne was in a lose-lose situation today.  Firstly he can't jump without closing his eyes and leading with his elbows and the Ref wasn't going to be letting him away with it at any point, and secondly the tactics were hoof it high up the park to Bayne which meant he had no option but to be jumping and challenging.

To have continued as long as we did with the player and the tactics was suicide and we paid the price....the only person who should shoulder any blame for that is Brewster.

Aye exactly the point I was trying to make CD. Reading the papers on friday I was delighted to read that Brew wanted to play the ball on the deck and not just hit the high ball all the time !!! WTF happened ? as i've said on other threads, the direction from the dugout was deafening !!!

PS: CD if we keep agreeing like this I'm gonna hav to buy ye a pint !!!

But you can't seriously be saying that Bayne was the reason we lost today ??

Yes and no. Yes because he went in for a challenge he didn't need to make which resulted in his 2nd yellow.

No because of the reasons Caely D gave.

I have yet to see much evidence of this passing game Brewster thinks he has us playing.

regarding the guy who wishes we had 11 baynes well i tell you this it is the third division we would be playing in not the  s. p. l .  if you think back to the first four matches after craigs return we played superb football . why ? because we had two forwards who play the ball on the ground  dennis and marius . anyone who even tries to compare  bayne and marius knows little about  football.

Well said Roby - you said it before I did - bring back Dennis and Marius and no more big hoofs down the park.  I cannot recall any goals ICTaven't scored once that I can remember from that system

:crazy07: Sorry - computer had a big f.rt before I completed the spell check!

Meant to say :  No more 11 Baynes and much more play on the ground, and lets get better than 2nd bottom, PLEASE!