FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Gretna Stuck at Blair Atholl!!!

DundeeICT

Anyone know if a visiting team has ever been prevented from getting to Inverness at all since 1994?

Reason I ask is because I mind listening to Your Call when it was uncertain whether we'd be admitted to the SPL and some plank of an OF fan was complaining that we shouldn't be allowed in because "the road isn't good enough" and is "always shut" and "it's too far away" and so on ad nauseam :L

Family just phoned. Thats them home they left EK 2.30pm. Got through at blair atholl  after 2 hour wait , stopped at Aviemore and told that the police had closed the road again untill morning, so heres hoping Gretna got through. COME ON THE JAGS  :021: :021: :021:

I very nearly got stuck in the snow driving between Alford and Inverness last night. Thought I'd try the short-cut over The Cabrach (I've since found that it's THE most frequently closed road by snow in Scotland - DOH!) but the road conditions rapidly deteriorated, ending up in 1-2m deep drifts. Luckily I got turned (never been as thankful for 4wd!) and just managed to get back through before the drifts closed up around me. I also had zero phone signal where I nearly got stuck! I did have 2 cases of Stella in the back of my car though so it wouldn't have been an entirely bad experience. Just lots of yellow snow around the car when the snow plough got to me!

This weather isny funny!  Was driving through rural Perthshire with the kids at tea-time last night and didn't get over about 20mph!  I've got a four-wheel-drive number that I've been thinking of trading in for a while...not anymore, gonna hangon to that little beauty forever!

Gretna were stuck at Blair Atholl eh?!  ... best place for them!  :001: