FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Bestest Band you have ever seen live

tm4tj

Rory Gallacher with Taste at Telford Street, pretty hard to beat, although not many sleeps till Neil Young in London.

Other than these legends, what was yours............and don't give me **** like Daft Punk or such like, I'm talking about proper legends.........

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairport Convention back in the late sixties/early seventies then featuring the likes of Richard Thompson and Sandy Denny, gave many sensational live performances at places like London's Royal Albert Hall and the Glasgow Apollo...

Strangely enough they're on at the Eden Court this Sunday night, still with a couple of original members in the band.

Its got to be "Big Dave Unplugged" live at the Dodgy Arms last Saturday night with  support band the Giuberellis   :clapping03: :clapping03: :rotflmao:

That has to go down as the shock of the year... surprised me anyway. :clapping03:

U2 in the SECC for me...awesome!!!

P.S.

Colin in the Innes wants you for a wee gig next saturday.... before the punters arrive though  :016:

Fairport Convention back in the late sixties/early seventies then featuring the likes of Richard Thompson and Sandy Denny, gave many sensational live performances at places like London's Royal Albert Hall and the Glasgow Apollo...

Strangely enough they're on at the Eden Court this Sunday night, still with a couple of original members in the band.

Talking about Glasgow Apollo I saw Steeleye Span there, the Fairport link being Ashley Hutchings, many moons ago.  Amusing little story from that one, well I thought it was hilarious.  They were releasing a new album or about to release it, and when they came on stage they said, no we will be playing our new songs, no going back......ho ho ho we all thought, surely they would play the biggie, All around my hat.  Concert swinging along still no All around my hat, surely it will happen, crowd start murmering All around my hat, this murmering reaches frenzied chants in between songs.  Still no All around my hat.  Maddy Prior manages to quell the crowds rantings and announces the next song, but before she gets it out, a wee wag from the rear of the audience shouts out, ALL AROUND MY HAT..........she replied, no , this is a song about a ship..............quck as a flash the wag shouted at the top of his voice, "OK THEN, GIE US ALL AROUND MY SHIP" cue full house laughing their heads off :015: hahaha bonk

Thought I might have seen you at last night's Fairport gig, Mannie... Great night...!!

I took the love of my life along, somewhat reluctantly,  she's never seen them before....

My God - Talk about love at first sight.... She's now become a Fairport groupie - had to hang around after the gig, so's she could talk to the guys, and of course to buy just about their entire stock of DVDs, CDs, tee shirts, books, etc...

It will be a while before I take her to something like that again.... :rolleyes02:

At the risk of sounding like an old fart, they were much better 20-25 years ago. Edinburgh Playhouse 1988 gets my vote.

Those were the days when big bands played local theatres, and the atmosphere and sound quality tended to be so much better than present day arena/stadium gigs.

Mogwai at Edinburgh Usher Hall

Sigur Ros in a wee venue in Berlin

Explosions in the Sky in Drummonds, Aberdeen

Part Chimp in Lemon Tree, Aberdeen

Symposium in Lemon Tree, Aberdeen

Rage Against The Machine at Leeds Festival 2000

All life changing gigs  :021:

Deep Purple - Wembley Arena, March 1987

Metallica - Monsters of Rock, Pforzheim, West Germany, August 1987

The Pogues - The Capital, Aberdeen, November 1987

Iron Maiden - Monsters of Rock, Bochum, West Germany, August 1988

The Corries - Ellon Academy, 1989