FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Another week Still no Contracts

Glebeict

Where the fudge are we meant to find another striker with anywhere near Denzil's quality?  I know he's inconsistent as heck, but he scores goals and has a bit of skill.  The chances of us being able to find, and afford, another Dargo are slim to nil.

And how exactly can this do anything other than make team spirit worse?

As said above, it's a worrying state of affairs when our creative players are being shipped. Is there anyone out there who seriously would rather have Duncan than Wyness, even when Duncan is at his best?

I can't cope with this much more either.  The team is producing nothing but dross on the pitch, and nothing but dross off it.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the last few weeks, I have continually stated how I still had faith in Brewster's managment, the Board, and the general direction of the club. I have stood my ground against the doubters, the likes of IHE and Mee.

"Im very happy.

In the long term, the club is going in the right direction, and as usual our board are making the right moves.

But of course, how silly of me to forget, we've lost a few games (to some of the form teams in the country).

Crisis indeed"

If, however, this is how it ends for Denzil, I will reconsider everything.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t..._ct/7292047.stm

Strange times indeed at ICT  :029:

I must admit ever since the farce of pushing Rankin out the door nothing much the current regime does would surprise me.

I know Wyness was very poor at the weekend but so were the vast majority of the team.

If he has told the management a few home truths good for him I say  :clapping03:

I don't believe we'll find a replacement for the same money and I don't think we can afford to pay much more to be honest.  I am very saddened by today's events, it seems very unprofessional.  If the contract was agreed, then surely you don't go back on your word.  I am absolutely gutted for ICT and for Dennis and his family, who are really settled in the area and were looking forward to the next few years here at least.  

That's a good point L_G. At the present 'cull' rate we might be looking to bring 6 or 7 new players in the summer. Given our well documented problems in attracting players to the area and limited financial resources we could be shooting ourselves in the foot. maybe the manager will have to delay his retirement plans  :023:

All you with blinkers on......................look beyond Brewster. Ask some questions..........What tipped Charlie and then Parkie? Why have some players already moved 'for family reasons'? Why is there obvious unrest within our team? Why are players not trying?  And finally, why has someone who spent time employed by Mr Romanov now been hired by Orion Group?

L_G Who's calling the shots? And what money do they have? Romanians will not have location problems

ROMANIA CT

I am sure Mr Bannerman or others will be along in the next day or so with the full story

Will they Scotty? We haven't heard a peep from the media about the internal problems at the club.

I've heard far more about the departures of Rankin and Park and the arrival of Niculae on this site and in the pub than i've ever read in the papers or heard from the BBC. Some folk on this site are going to have to blow their sources and tell us all what's going on for the good of ICT. I'm fed up reading between lines - WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON. 

Also, who believes for a second that Niculae will be here next season?  Surely he will jump ship to a better club - unless of course he has a few countrymen up to keep him company.

So with Wyness joining McDonald on the way out, and Brew pretty much already retired, our striking corps for next season will probably comprise...Bayne, McAllister and Garry Wood.  

If that isn't a reason to think about not renewing a season ticket, I don't know what is.

CaleyStan, I feel exactly the same as you.  Someone feel free to send me a PM spilling the beans!

Also, who believes for a second that Niculae will be here next season?  Surely he will jump ship to a better club - unless of course he has a few countrymen up to keep him company.

So with Wyness joining McDonald on the way out, and Brew pretty much already retired, our striking corps for next season will probably comprise...Bayne, McAllister and Garry Wood.  

If that isn't a reason to think about not renewing a season ticket, I don't know what is.

CaleyStan, I feel exactly the same as you.  Someone feel free to send me a PM spilling the beans!

If the rumours are true then Bayne won't be here next season either !! :008:

The saddest thing about the Denzil situation is it's really not surprising!  :007: :007:

Is Denzil being used as a pawn to bully others into signing contracts?  I don't believe he's the kind of player to go shouting his mouth off.  Particulary with no other offers on the table and a young family to look after.

Is the fact he has no other offers being used against him?  Will he be offered another "last gasp" contract at a much reduced price from the first one, and fully be expected to lap it up..wouldn't be the first time it's happened to one of our players!  :018:

How long will it be before Brewster is out of favour and Orion's "latest signing" is unveiled?

Who knows!!!!  ICT went to the dogs when Parkie left!

Mrs PB

Guest birdog

If the rumours are true then Bayne won't be here next season either !! :008:

And neither will half the support, by the looks of it.  And if so, the powers that be will only have themselves to blame.

The lost support will be replaced, there is a rising Eastern European immigrant community in the Highlands, if some of the comments on here are to be believed then the board are merely expanding the clubs appeal to our new neighbours.

What a bloody joke.  Whose club is this anyway?  Like I said in my other topic we are being taken for a ride because we are letting them.

Dennis and Bayne will easily find new clubs, maybe even in the SPL, if they do both end up leaving then I wish them total success wherever they end up, as I did with Rankin.

To be fair, Denzil has been pretty poor of late when he has got in the starting eleven.  I notice he was hooked just after half time on Sat for tactical reasons.  I am fully aware of Denzil's 'legend' status, and deservedly so, but perhaps Brew now does not rate him as highly as when he offered him a new contract.  Perhaps he is right.  I'm happy to wait to hear the full story, rather than be swayed by all the rhetoric on this thread.

Guest birdog

To be fair, Denzil has been pretty poor of late when he has got in the starting eleven.  I notice he was hooked just after half time on Sat for tactical reasons.  I am fully aware of Denzil's 'legend' status, and deservedly so, but perhaps Brew now does not rate him as highly as when he offered him a new contract.  Perhaps he is right.  I'm happy to wait to hear the full story, rather than be swayed by all the rhetoric on this thread.

Do you really think you will get the full story? I think IHE is right, the template for key personnel leaving will be printed off for the press release and Denzil will be the next one to have some sort of family issue dragging him away.

As I said, if they had decided not to offer him a contract I could live with that as that is their perogative.  But to offer him a deal and spend some time coming to an agreement just to change their mind is not on.  This is people's lives we are talking about.  How could he be about to sign on Friday, all the press releases from last week back this up, and then, after a poor 45 mins of football the offer is withdrawn.  I would say that was a bit of a hammer blow to Denzil.

As I said, if they had decided not to offer him a contract I could live with that as that is their perogative.  But to offer him a deal and spend some time coming to an agreement just to change their mind is not on.  This is people's lives we are talking about.  How could he be about to sign on Friday, all the press releases from last week back this up, and then, after a poor 45 mins of football the offer is withdrawn.  I would say that was a bit of a hammer blow to Denzil.

There must have been more to it than that....

Can you explain who you mean by "they"...?

:015:  Johnboy, you are really trying to get inside my head.  They = ICT.  ICT negotiated a new contract with Dennis, this was due to be signed as reported in last weeks press releases.  Monday and it's removed from the table.  :017:

:015:  Johnboy, you are really trying to get inside my head.  They = ICT.  ICT negotiated a new contract with Dennis, this was due to be signed as reported in last weeks press releases.  Monday and it's removed from the table.  :017:

Your head..?  :023:

You're being a tad evasive now, young Laura....  :018:

Guest patconn2

It as certain that Dennis won't be moving for "family reasons". They are well settled in the area and as stated on a previous post, his eldest child is about to start primary school.

Brewster has been using delay tactics so that  Dennis couldn't sign the agreed contract before the weekend, berated him after the game on Saturday then withdrawn the contract.

I feel gutted for this family, how do you explain this to a 5 year old who is looking forward to school.

Dennis has become the latest scapegoat for Brewsters poor team selection and lack of management skills. Is Brewster allowed to tear the team apart then possibly leave it in shreds for someone else to piece together?

It is certain that Dennis won't be moving for "family reasons".

**** right. They have very much settled back into life in the highlands since their return from Edinburgh, and I for one feel sick at the way that Brew, Mr Bennet or whoever is making these decisions.

The club cant seriously retract a contract offer just or the sake of an indifferent first half performance. There is way more to this story that personal reasons, and I, like every other ICT fan, has the right to know what is going on behind the scenes at our beloved club :symbol_exclaim01:

Is Brewster allowed to tear the team apart then possibly leave it in shreds for someone else to piece together?

That's a very good question.... :018:

Was the decision to tear up Denzil's contract taken by Brewster alone...?

Who else was involved...?

Someone in authority at the club needs to make a statement, or even just a feckin comment at the manner in which this club is being run at this moment.

It is completely unacceptable.