FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Chris Innes

Ivy League

Innes will be going to Cappielow from what I've heard.  Can't see him or indeed anyone released by Gr?tna coming up here as we'd be paying them considerably less than what they will be demanding.

Actually hang on... Why's Innes heading to Cappielow?...  :024:

Guest TinCanFan

Yantorno... get him signed!!!

He'd be a great signing but what about that other guy.  Forget his name but he's a striker, black guy and pretty tall.

Baldacchio (or whatever) would be decent, as long as he's not on high wages. As good as we've got but maybe not that much better.  Decent.

Innes, Skelton, Baldacchio, Yantorno and...Deuchar (yeah, I know, I know  :019:).  All as good or better than we have.

Deuchar is off to a Major League Soccer side...

Innes has just been on Sky Sports News... he has offers... would like to stay in SPL but would be willing to ply his trade in England... come on ICT get some of these guys signed at least until the end of the season so they can be monitored to see if they are good enough!

To say Skelton is better than any of our central midfielders is an absolute insult to our players.

Baldacchino has played 5 games this season. How can you say he is better than what we have?

Innes is allegedly off to Morton on ?1,000 a week. That's crazy if true!

Yantorno is vastly over rated.

Deuchar is already away though I assume that's what the "I know, I know" is for.

I begin to wonder if people see these players being released and think we should sign them simply for the sake of ICT signing someone.

Couldn't agree more with RIG comments - Gretna have been mince this season, barring a couple of games against United, and matches against the Old Firm, where players were obviously putting themselves in the shop window. Why on earth would we want to sign any of these guys? I mean, on loan at Newcastle Blue Star, from an SPL club? Give me a break!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tna/7312756.stm

To say Skelton is better than any of our central midfielders is an absolute insult to our players.

Baldacchino has played 5 games this season. How can you say he is better than what we have?

Deuchar is already away though I assume that's what the "I know, I know" is for.

I begin to wonder if people see these players being released and think we should sign them simply for the sake of ICT signing someone.

I agree with almost everything apart from Yantorno

every game I've seen him play he's been excellent... he ran Celtic this season ragged and has propably been Gretna's best player (bar maybe Skelton) until he got injured

now we lost Rankin we need another player that can create something from nothing and if I were Brew I would be looking closely at this lad

We only really have one defensive midfielder in Duncan and I'd say Skelton was better than him.  Obviously Black can drop deep but then you're looking at unproven kids or McBain.

Baldacchino replacing Bayne or McBain, when we need more attack or wide options?  I think that's a decent shout.  As I said, as good as we've got but not much better.  Decent squad player.

We'll just have to disagree on Yantorno.  I think he'd be excellent.  I struggle to think who we could get for free that's be anywhere near that quality.

I know about Deuchar of course and had heard of Innes and Morton but am surprised they can offer a decent salary to him.  Wasn't that long ago they were worried about going under.  Seems to have the leadership qualities we lack.

We'll just have to disagree on Yantorno.  I think he'd be excellent.  I struggle to think who we could get for free that's be anywhere near that quality.

That's fair enough. I don't think he would be excellent. Maybe handy to have and bring on but I wouldn't want nor do I expect to see ICT making a concerted effort to secure his services. We'll see though.

This summer will be a big one for the manager given the players who are departing.