FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Darren Dodds

finmack

Rumours circulating from Tannadice is that DD may be available in the summer. He is not getting a regular game at the moment.

He's not featured in the last two games.........why I dont know.......but to say he's not getting a regular game is a bit of the mark. He started in 27 league games, 3 Scottish Cup and 4 CIS Cup games this season. I'd say thats pretty regular

I spoke to his paw-in-law (well i believe not in law as dods isn't married but anyway) who is a taxi driver in edinburgh and he was saying before he moved that he really felt he had to move for the sake of family relations and what not, I for one give him the benefit of the doubt. For that reason I can't see him coming back. He was a sterling player for us and it' be nice to see him back but i can;t see it happeneing and it's not really a good long term move, are we not better investing the money in good younger players who we could have for longer/or sell for more cash in a couple of years?

In two minds about this one ..... Our defence certainly misses him as he was rock solid, and our team also misses his leadership qualities but is there a way back after leaving for "family reasons" and could we afford his wages assuming that he would have got a big boost when he went to DUFC.

• 3 weeks later...

I would gladly see him back he's getting older but would be good for a couple of seasons, I don't know how long his existing contract will run for though.I have a feeling the budget will be cut at United by 2009.

As for excuses for leaving your job, We all know honesty isn't always the best policy.

Even Barry Wilson threw off his top just before he left the park in his last game for ICT prior to joining Livingstone, he could have easily worn it in to the dressing room but chose to make a point, but I was still as pleased as the next man to see him back again.

I know who'd be better..........Phil McGuire!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :015:  Wait a minute...you are joking ?

Mcguire is possibly the worst central defender i have seen in an ICT shirt.