FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Accrington Stanley to change their name

starchief

From the BBC "Accrington Stanley are to change their name to Lancashire Stanley United from next season. (Accrington club website)"

Lancashire Stanley United. Who are they?

Exactly!

(I suspect this may be removed at noon today)

From the BBC "Accrington Stanley are to change their name to Lancashire Stanley United from next season. (Accrington club website)"

Lancashire Stanley United. Who are they?

Exactly!

(I suspect this may be removed at noon today)

:015: :015: :015:

Been a few other good ones.  My favourites are:

Hartlepool have unveiled a new centenary kit for next season - in black-and-white hoops [the colours of local rivals Darlington]. (Hartlepool club website)

Plymouth have unveiled a tartan away kit for next season, paying homage to manager Paul Sturrock and the other Scots on the playing staff. (Plymouth club website)

Oxford United will hold a Rodeo Day competition as the bronze ox statue outside their ground has been fitted with a "bucking bronco" setting. Making guest appearances at the event will be Billy Ray Cyrus, Billy Boy Walton, Billy Ray Reardon and Roy Walker. (Oxford club website).  (Roy Walker!!!???  :rotflmao:)

and my favourite

Northampton could be deducted points after a complaint was lodged over the colour of socks they wore in a recent game. Boss Stuart Gray expects to hear something "before noon today". (Northampton club website)