FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Following English Clubs

little al

Just back from Wembley after seeing Exeter just about deserve their victory and gain their place back in Football League.  Great stadium by the way, even half full.  I'm sure Exeter will do well in Div 2.  They have a good set up now, after tremendous boardroom problems a few years ago.  Watch them fly! They're sponsored by Flybe, like us!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pleased to see Exeter back in the league. What sort of crowd was there at Wembley ? Would there not have been a better atmpsphere filling the ground of a League or Premiership club rather thn having the match in a stadium two thirds empty ?

Guest ScouseLass

Well have to say I didn't expect a thread with references to the mighty Grecians when I logged on here!

I'm Liverpool born and Exeter bred (now living in Yorkshire). I'm a Kopite first, second and third (well technically an Anny Road Ender) but I spent many a happy hour at St James Park as a teenager. Good to see City back where they belong, having disposed of Torquay along the way.

To turn the OP question round a bit, I was brought up in one of those Scouse families that kept half an eye to the Celtic result. (yes, I know tiresome isn't it?) After hubby had spent a season or so watching Scottish footie with me on the telly he decided he was going to adopt a Scottish club too. He chose Caley Thistle.