Andy Barrowman

MissICT

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

in all honesty i think this whole thing could backfire massively on the lad.this has dragged on and on and and he as built himself up for a big fall. but to be honest i will just be glad to see it all come to an end

from the beeb site, it looks like a done deal

Inverness seal Barrowman switch  

Inverness have signed striker Andy Barrowman from Ross County.

The 23-year-old was out-of-contract after hitting 29 goals to help County secure the Second Division championship last season.

Barrowman is Inverness manager Craig Brewster's first summer signing as he looks to bolster his squad.

Looks real enough for me to put it to bed.  Hope he is up to the job.

Well that dragged on a bit but Brew got his man!

He could actually turn out to be a good signing - the 3 or 4 times I saw him last season he looked half decent - he's a sort of less physical, goal scoring version of Graham Bayne.

I'm just hopinh he's a partner for Niculae rather than a replacement

from the beeb site, it looks like a done deal

Inverness seal Barrowman switch  

Inverness have signed striker Andy Barrowman from Ross County.

The 23-year-old was out-of-contract after hitting 29 goals to help County secure the Second Division championship last season.

Barrowman is Inverness manager Craig Brewster's first summer signing as he looks to bolster his squad.

Looks real enough for me to put it to bed.  Hope he is up to the job.

The point I was making is that it's just a headline and journalist beliefs....no direct quotes from club or player confirming it.  Not saying it's wrong, but it's not exactly unknown for the BBC (or others) to get their wires crossed on these things.

I wish him all the best and hope he performs as well as the last recruit from our feeder team.

If Andy wants to get the fans behind him he should theatrically clap the crowd at every opportunity (as expertly demonstrated by Dean Macdonald and Liam Leogh) and this will soon endear him to the faithfull and he will be immune from criticism. 

"i can hardly contain my joy"....i have a feeling of dread in me...

A lot of expectation will be in his shouders...the opposite kind that was on Marius's..he has to supply the good to win the fans over quickly

i wish him all the best

Guest birdog

Welcome to TCS Andy, let's hope that you can get your head out your erse, your feet on the ground and I sincerely hope I was wrong. I hope that you can produce the goods against professional defences in the same way you did against the part-timers of the 2nd Division. Welcome aboard.

Not overly happy with the spinelessness shown by ICT here. Barrowman never complied to a single deadline set down to him by the club, we reduced our offer to him and he rejected it. We then caved to his demands. He was very clever. He knew how much ICT wanted him and had them over a barrel when it came to finalising wages. Well played Andy!

That said, I am happy we have someone in. It's good to get a fresh face in and here's hoping to some promising outings in the pre season  :003:

Some positive comments in the Press and Journal...

P&J

If Imrie can continue his impressive form, I think he'll provide plenty chances for Andy to tuck away.

Glad pre-season falls in the Summer Hols, as i'll bust a gut to see as many games as possible... much like last year, when hoping to see Marius in action!

Glad pre-season falls in the Summer Hols, as i'll bust a gut to see as many games as possible... much like last year, when hoping to see Marius in action!

I remember seeing Ian Vigurs for the first time and thinking it was Marius  :015:

glad the saga is over and glad we have someone one who looks to have the scoring touch. Hopefully he can make the step up.

Glad to see that he has been signed on a 3 year contract as well  :clapping03:

teletext has him quoted as saying he snubbed better cash offers from English sides to sign a three year deal with ICT and to try and prove himself in the SPL.  Fair enough Andy.

as mentioned previously, just delighted we've made a signing

whether he'll be up to SPL level, time will tell but 29 goals in one season is an impressive record no matter what level you're playing at

considering we were going for Buchanan last year think Barrowman is a step forward but IMO we still need at least another 2 strikers if Bayne and Marius go

Barrowman is our wildcard for next season we need 2 proven/SPL forwards

I wanted Dorrans  :019: :019: :019:

The only problem I have is that the impression I get from County fans is that although he is an excellent finisher (one of the few skills that I believe is not affected by the standard of your opponent) his workrate leaves alot to be desired. Marius and Barrowman may be a talented strike partnership, but it'll be a lazy one too.