FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Romania v Montenegro

Cant see any other friendlys their playing before the tournament.

As a wee preview for this game its interesting that Montenegro as far as I know won their first ever international against Khazakstan on Tuesday night, there was a huge gamble on them the day of the game all over Eastern Europe with lots of dodgy cash going on them.

Anyway the gambles out the way so I'd expect a reasonably competitive game here and this is as good an opportunity for Marius to add to his international tally as he'll ever see.  On the flip side theres no questioning the quality of opposition is low and a poor show could put him and others in danger of not getting into the final squad.

On the flip side theres no questioning the quality of opposition is low and a poor show could put him and others in danger of not getting into the final squad.

The final squad has already been selected  :017:

Betfairs brilliant for live streaming football, they add games every day so if youre on there keep an eye out for it.

Soccer: Netherlands v Denmark

Thu May 29 2008 11:00

Soccer: South Korea v Jordan

Sat May 31 2008 04:00

Soccer: Portugal v Georgia

Sat May 31 2008 10:15

Soccer: France v Paraguay

Sat May 31 2008 12:00

Soccer: Brazil v Canada

Sat May 31 2008 19:30

Soccer: Australia v Iraq

Sun Jun 01 2008 00:00

Soccer: Sweden v Ukraine

Sun Jun 01 2008 07:00

Soccer: Poland v Denmark

Sun Jun 01 2008 07:00

Thats the current list of live internationals coming up,, would imagine the Romania game will appear over the next 24 hours.

Guest stevico64

:015:  Thanks for that.

The games on Sunday anyway, I'll put a link up for it on here though you may need to open an account with Betfair or bwin.com as itll likely be one of those two showing it.

The game is on Saturday, well at least I hope it is otherwise Marius will be showing up a day early

I would imagine so ... he has been used in central defence since the Gold Cup and done pretty well. He is certainly in the squad.

:021:

4-0 and I took a wad of money off punters on Betfair in the doing of it.

Looking forward to reports on how Marius got on....loads of subs (as you expect in these games) and he came on in 48 minutes.

I watched bits of the game on some streaming channel...can't mind what it was called. Marius played really well, great layoff for the 4th. He appeared to be wearing the captains armband as well towards the end, not sure if someone else can confirm this??

It could suggest that Mutu and Marica are his preferred starters up front, what with them both starting the game. But good to see the glut of goals occurred when Marius was on the pitch. My guess is that he'll be a sub for the opening game, but will start at least one game. Fingers crossed they get throught the group stages (as well as Netherlands, who i've got in a sweepstake!). A disputed last minute winner against Italy please  :023:

We should also give Richard credit for playing 90 minutes against Brazil in Canada's back four!! He has been an unsung here since his return to the Club and yet is a more established International than Marius.

Marius did manage to get into the TV shots after two goals which is good for his profile!! Romania looked good quality especially as Scotland seems to have a knackered team at present with 50% of players moaning about fatigue or injuries.

Was the 2nd goal not Ghionea rather than Dica? The 2 that Dica did score were great finishes anyway. Good to see Marius involved in setting up the last goal and like DavieB said, did seem to be wearing the armband at the end.

Yes just spoke to him he was given the captians armband most of the second half, first time in his international career. Felt he had a good game and was unlucky not to score

how did u speak to him??

That's excellent news!!

he could start a week on Monday!!

Because he called me. He is hopeful to start but not sure yet, theyt leave for Switzerland tomorrow morning. I am going next Sunday  :003: :003: