FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Theres only one Barry Wilson

tm4tj

Guest ScottM

Hey guys,

Was a thoroughly good night last night, finishing off a good day out in the Highlands! I travelled up from Dundee with a friend of mine from Uni, to take in the game. Originally from Bathgate, I'm sorry to admit that i'm a Livi fan, for my sins and have followed them through the divisions!

As a result, i've many fond memories of Barry and his priceless contribution to our first season in the SPL and our European run - i'll never forget the goal he scored vs Sturm Graz at Almondvale to seal our victory over the Austrians. He was a popular figure down our way during his 3-4 years with us and I was chuffed to see a couple of other Livingston fans who had made the journey North yesterday to honour a great servant to both our clubs!

It was nice to see such a good turnout to honour a player who's heart undoubtedly lies with Caley - also nice to see his family taking such an integral role in the night - It was a lasting impression of him from his time down our way, that he was very much a family man! Also nice to see another ex-Livi favourite David Bingham take part yesterday - some goal he scored in the Legends game! :rotflmao:

Last night was the first time i'd been at the Tulloch stadium since we gained promotion to the SPL up there, a few years back. Nice to see that the stadium and local hospitality have remained as pleasant as I remember.

All the best for the new season,

Scott

p.s - as a complete aside, your new away strip is lovely!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game was so enjoyable,

It was a good way to see the players you don't normaly see.

I was impressed with Esson and Djebi-Zadi

Is there any highlights?

One thing that did annoy me was they didn't even take up 1 well known player.

4,000 folk obviously couldn't find the stadium on Saturday then :rotflmao:

Aye, exactly. Where were they all on Saturday afternoon ?

:thumb04:

Amazing how many will turn up when its ?15 for an adult or ?40 for 2 adults and 2 children :018: The fact that it was a testimonial for a respected player also helps ;)

Lets hope the fans give him a night to remember, lots of great memories of Barry, he enjoyed himself the night we won the first division and his goal against Motherwell in the cup gets further out every time it's mentioned.

We've got BARRY BARRY BARRY BARRY WILSON ON THE WING.............ON THE WING :rotflmao:

haha we beat the scousers 5-0

hes big hes round hes worth a million pound.... bobby mann!! bobby mann!!

Barry certainly is the millenium man. He scored the last goal in the last millenium and the first goal in this mellenium.

On the back of this game the Liverpool X1 played a Hamilton X1 last night, here is the news from the Hamilton website. http://www.acciesfc.co.uk/

HAMILTON 1-2 LIVERPOOL

Accies fielded an extremely experimental side for this game and it was the Liverpool Reserve team that came away with a victory. Manager Billy Reid played no fewer than 5 trialists from the start, with another coming into the action after the break. None of the team that won at Inverness started the game, although several of the top team squad were involved. The good news for Accies was that David Elebert played the full 90 minutes as he continues to gain fitness.

Liverpool opened the scoring with a first half header from centre half Ronald Huth that looped over Accies 'keeper Sean Murdoch. Accies equalised in the second half with a smartly taken goal by Joel Thomas and he nearly scored the winner from a tight angle after rounding goalkeeper Martin Hansen but his shot hit the post. Accies spent the bulk of the second half on top of the game, but it was a Liverpool substitute who won the game for his team after rounding Sean Murdoch near the end.

This was a good exercise for Accies and a chance for several of the fringe players and trialists to catch Billy Reid's eye.

Bear in mind, we also played plenty of part time players and youngsters at various stages of the game.

' Bear in mind, we also played plenty of part time players and youngsters at various stages of the game.'

More like old farts and youngsters Mun, but it must be disappointing for 'Pool eh, to come up to sort the jocks out and get a humping and a lucky win.

Amazing how many will turn up when its ?15 for an adult or ?40 for 2 adults and 2 children

Indeed. Going to Saturday's game would have been far better value for money.

Edited by RiG

Was Benitez there?

No it was Gary Ablett, Reserve Team Manager.

And the Liverpool no. 6 spoke about earlier is Jay Spearing, real star of the future remember the name :rotflmao:

Were you there Tom?

Thought I saw ya but it was someone in full liverpool gear, flags n all so thought it couldn't have been...