FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Theres only one Barry Wilson

tm4tj

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wagaluka is SO skinny and small!!! Looked decent enough though, but didn't really get a chance to do much. I imagine that'll be the last we see of him - hopefully not though!

Everyone played well tonight - Bobby Mann was disgustingly good! No joke, I'd rather have him at the back than McGuire. Nice to see that pretty much everyone got on and that we tried 3 different pairs of strikers up front, the best obviously being Bingo and Paul Ritchie. :018:

Transfer window's still open... :rotflmao:

Unfortunately Bobby's move was more to do with geography than history or economics, wasn't it? As always, I'm baffled why Paul chose Brechin and accountancy over just one season in the SPL.

Really good entertainment tonight, just a shame Barry wasn't on his top form - maybe he was counting the crowd to work out what he can buy with the proceeds :thumb04:

Unfortunately Bobby's move was more to do with geography than history or economics, wasn't it?

Somewhat. One of the main reasons was that his wife could not transfer here and be assured of a posting in Inverness.

She is/was a police officer and could have been posted to Shetland, Western Isles, Fort William etc and could have been worse off geographically than if she stayed in Dundee. There were other factors to do with the terms of the contract but geography was the main problem I believe.

Wagaluka is SO skinny and small!!! Looked decent enough though, but didn't really get a chance to do much. I imagine that'll be the last we see of him - hopefully not though!

Everyone played well tonight - Bobby Mann was disgustingly good! No joke, I'd rather have him at the back than McGuire. Nice to see that pretty much everyone got on and that we tried 3 different pairs of strikers up front, the best obviously being Bingo and Paul Ritchie. :rotflmao:

Bobby Mann looked no bigger than he did when he was with us, and has lost none of the positional sense that saw him a permanent fixture in ours side.

If he moved for geography - Hello Mrs Mann - how come he is now at Peterheid? I bet he would jump at the chance to get back here. I know a bargain whe I see one!

And get Sheerin too, while yer at it.

Our starting eleven was something like

Mike Fraser

Proctor***Bobby Mann***Jamie Duff***Jimmy-Jabbi

Bazza***Bingham***Cowie***Roy(right foot)McBain

Paul Ritchie***Paul Sheerin

Roy McBain scored the first with a low right foot shot from the edge of the box. Mix up for second with an own goal passed into the net from the keepers right, Wood and Rory after they came on for twenty minutes in the second half and someone else...........oh aye Proctor poked home the fifth. Disappointingly, Barrowman missed two good chances, and Esson made two or three great saves.

Dan Wagaluka played for ten minutes or so, looks quite tidy, small but tidy player. Wood took his goal well, and Rory knocked a free header back across the keeper into the net, so well done lads.

And well done Barry, good crowd tonight despite the rain.

Edited by themann4thejob

Bobby Mann was immense tonight :o

Looks much less a liability than McGuire does.

Wagaluka looked like a good wee player, but I agree with an earlier post, and somehow dont think he's going to be given much of a chance in an ICT shirt :rotflmao:

Whats Paul Ritchie up to these days anyway? I hear bingo is player/coach of Tynecastle boy's club don't know how they pulled that off!

Still with East Fife isn't he?

Hmm, or maybe not - not on the squad list as far as I can see.

Edited by 4ize

An enjoyable evening, tainted only by the miserable weather.....oh and the bird from mfr constantly referring to ICT as 'caley' !!! :D :D :D :D :D (Thought they were from mfr sports dept, surely they know the history of the club?? :rotflmao:)

Anyway, thought Mann was different class ! McAllister showed us what he can do ! Duff was solid, Vigurs has ability, both our keepers were outstanding (and so was liverpool's...for the wrong reasons :D ), ..........in fact nothing negative could be said about anything ICT did on the park tonight ! :D

Certainly a fitting tribute to Barry Wilson. The match program was nicely put together too....some nice comments from players past and present.

:thumb04: :018: ;) :lol: :015: :D :P :021: :D :D :D

But that english premiership......it's a bit overrated no? :D

Just got home to Glasgow after watching an immense game. Seriously impressed with the standard of play on show. Djebi-Zadi was excellent, some nice touches and very pacey when he ran up the wing a few times. Hope to see him start on Saturday. The whole team was really good actually, because we kept the ball down!! So good to watch. I'm going to sleep happy :thumb04:

ps. Of course Liverpool weren't going to risk any big name players when their season is underway!! We fittingly thrashed them for it though. It said on the ticket... Liverpool XI. Fact that XI is mentioned meant there wasn't going to be any famous names in the squad so I don't know why anyone was expecting to see any. I just wanted to see Jim Calder anyway, he never sat on the crossbar though :rotflmao:

Excellent night for Barry :018:

An enjoyable evening, tainted only by the miserable weather.....oh and the bird from mfr constantly referring to ICT as 'caley' !!! :thumb04: :018: ;) :lol: :015: (Thought they were from mfr sports dept, surely they know the history of the club?? :rotflmao:)

thats knoxy,shes a "wag" to a elgin city player :D

Nope

P&J online has a good write up

CALEY THISTLE – Fraser (Esson 46), Proctor, Djebi-Zadi, Duff, Mann (McGuire 37), McBain (Imrie 46, Sutherland 80), Wilson (Wagaluka 78), Cowie (Black 46, Gillespie 80), Ritchie (Wood 20, Barrowman 61), Bingham (McAllister 20, Rooney 61), Sheerin (Vigurs 33).

LIVERPOOL – Bouzanis, Kelly (Mendy 46), Darby (Scott 72), San Jose, Huth (Ayala 46), Spearing (Irwin 69), Crowther (Lindfield 46), Flynn, Brouwer, Pacheco (Simon 46), Weijl (Eccleston 46).

Referee – W Collum.

Attendance: 7,352.

Edited by themann4thejob

Bobby Mann, for a second i thought i was seeing double, what a girth!! however you kind of forget how good a player he is/was, oh for a 28 yr old 13 stone Bobby in our defence.

He reads the game so well, never wastes a pass and is a calming influence all round him, ah well lets hope Duff ( who played very well) learns from the master, and that Mcguire sees how it supposed to be done.

I wouldn't be so sure that's the last we see of Wagaluka. He would have had to get clearance from the SFA to have played in tonights game. "Officially" he would have played as a trialist tonight, even though he was named.

Wagaluka looked like a good wee player, but I agree with an earlier post, and somehow dont think he's going to be given much of a chance in an ICT shirt :rotflmao:

Depressingly but probably predictably Brewster was on the radio this morning saying that he thinks the guy is a good footballer but is probably too small for Scottish football!! He will be monitored in training.

Bingo, scored an absolute scorcher of a volley in the legends game, Bobby and Brewster sprayed the ball around liike the Kaiser, Jimmy Calder made at least five sensational saves Billy Ferries showed all his old trickery and 10CC displayed his talents in the middle, Billy Urquhart has lost nothing.....................well done guys.

Did I see Hercher as well, the man who started the ball rolling................

But Ron, if you adhere to segregation for SPL games, then 2,350 could not get into the South Stand taking into account Accies only had around 120-150 max. Which leaves us with our hard core of around 3400 home fans for run of the mill home games, which were there. And, being a testimonial, there are always a few additions to the crowd figure (gudgies etc). So it would appear that the loyal faithful fans did turn up on Saturday, but the away support was akin to Motherwell and Kilmarnock, very poor indeed.

To summarise, it's not such a good point after all. Mind you, the winker gives it away :thumb04:

Did you really expect any more on saturday?

And RIG has been singing the wrong words all these years :rotflmao:

I wouldn't be so sure that's the last we see of Wagaluka. He would have had to get clearance from the SFA to have played in tonights game. "Officially" he would have played as a trialist tonight, even though he was named.

Depressingly but probably predictably Brewster was on the radio this morning saying that he thinks the guy is a good footballer but is probably too small for Scottish football!! He will be monitored in training.

Dont know if he would need SFA clearance to play in a testamonial. Could be on a holiday visa and playing a game of footie in the park for an old man on his testamonial is hardly breaking visa regulations. Had he been in employment then yes. Im sure he would need some sort of clearance from the SFA to be on trial in training anyway and that would cover it.

Also i hate the idea that if he is small he aint suitable. Get him to bulk up a bit and he'll be fine. Nothing I hate more than nippy wee players and Im 6'4. As long as they dont **** themselves any time someone comes near they can do what Shaun Wright Phillips does in the premiership - ie be a midget and still have avery good impact in the game.

Hope Bazza had a good game and enjoyed himself last night. Thankyou for the service you've given and hopefully one more season of silk is on the way