FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Is Burley going to walk away?

SMEE

I see George Burley has called a press conference for today. I get the feeling he cant handle pressure at all and wonder if he might walk away. Apparently Kris Boyd has sed he no longer wants to be considered for selection while Burley remains in charge. I dont know what Boyd has to do to get a game for rangers and Scotland

I see George Burley has called a press conference for today. I get the feeling he cant handle pressure at all and wonder if he might walk away. Apparently Kris Boyd has sed he no longer wants to be considered for selection while Burley remains in charge. I dont know what Boyd has to do to get a game for rangers and Scotland

He should try being more of a player and less of a big headed git. Sorry but I've no sympathy for him. If he isn't playing regular at club level why should he think he's got a right to be in the National squad. There are plenty other's who'd love just to be part of the squad never mind actually playing.

Ah...but thats the mystery to me Alex....why he doesnt get a regular start for Rangers. He is their best striker by a country mile...and reguarly proves it, yet he toils to get a game. I dont understand it. Maybe he has an underlying heart condition or something :rotflmao:

Burley must go now.

I've just watched the live stream and it was pathetic. Its all about Burley and not Scotland.

You want a Lion rampant and we get the cowardly lion from Oz. He couldnt wait to get out as he totally couldnt handle it. Squirming in his seat. Fair enough he only wants commited players. How can you commit yourself when you never play.

Yes he doesnt play every week at Rangers. Neither does Miller, Novo, Darchville or Lafferty. There is a striker rotation policy there. Heck even we have that at Caley!

The fact he has to justify himself, get his side across, speaks volumes. A real man, a real coach would have simply stuck with what was said previously. His decision, and i have to accept it.

This just shows he knows he's ballzed it up yet again and needs to justify himself. Iwelumo played not because he is better but because he was Burleys trick card. Fletcher played to justify not being in the under 21s where he should be, honing his talents. Learning his trade.

The Scotland job is all about Burleys ego and its not on.

When O Conner failed to turn up for the Ukraine game and got dropped Smith said one thing. Apolgise to the team. Not him the team which includes him, the fans, part of this team.

O conner didnt do so, therefore it was straightforward, Smith said the same. And that was that. eventually O Conner apologised to Mcliesh and got back in. Easy and effective man managment. Even Brew showed he can do that with Black and now he's the best we have and well disciplined too.

I had my reservations about Burley from the start. Everyone blamed Romanov at Hearts but as mad as he is i now feel Burleys ego may have been as much a problem as anything. There is definitely 2 sides there.

We're going backwards at an alarming rate. I hope it can be saved in time. Argentina and Holland will run us through. I fear a cricket scorecard. Bring back Berti!

Boyd has a goal for every game and a half strike ratio, thats including coming from the bench. Any club in the world would die for a return like that from their strikers.

Against ****** little Scottish teams though SMEE, I'll ask again how many career goals against Celtic?

alan Shearer had a lousy record against Arsenal I think it was. There are another 10 teams in the league to score agains apart from Celtic.....which he does, every 1.5 games he plays.

His International strike rate from 8 starts and 6 as sub (I think) is 7 goals....None of which were scored against Celtic tho!

Edited by SMEE

Boyd has a goal for every game and a half strike ratio, thats including coming from the bench. Any club in the world would die for a return like that from their strikers.

Against ****** little Scottish teams though SMEE, I'll ask again how many career goals against Celtic?

One, but who cares when he has a record of like 7 goals in 14 games for Scotland

Dont get me wrong....... Boyd is a complete c0ck jockey for turning his back on his country!

I'll second that, but u have to see it from his point of view on Saturday when Fletcher and Iwelumo got on instead of him when he has done alot more for his country than both of them put together!!! And the chance that Iwelumo missed are the chances that Boyd (and most players :rotflmao: ) finishes in his sleep

alan Shearer had a lousy record against Arsenal I think it was. There are another 10 teams in the league to score agains apart from Celtic.....which he does, every 1.5 games he plays.

His International strike rate from 8 starts and 6 as sub (I think) is 7 goals....None of which were scored against Celtic tho!

what your failing to grasp is the FACT that strikers in the SPL will be judged on performances against the BIG teams and Celtic have ruled Scottish football for most of Boyds career.

International goals have been scored against Bulgaria ( friendly in Japan x2 ), 2 against the Faroes, 1 against georgia , 1 against S. Africa and 1 against Lithuania hardly Earth shattering stuff FFS.

striker rotation system at Ibrox??? I think its more a case of Wally not knowing his best partnership yet.

Boyd is the most over-rated striker in Scottish football IMHO, how many goals in his entire career has he scored against Celtic?

Ok Celtic only have 3 but they actively get rotated. Man Utd have Tevez, Berbatov and Rooney and none play every week. It is rotation. You have to keep people on their toes. Keep them hungry. have options.

Boyd will never be a Van Basten, Berbatov, Henry, or Torres who do alot of class outside the box. He'll never be the best player in the world, but his goal ratio speaks for itself. He knows how to score goals. His poaching abilty is unrivalled in Scotland.

Personally I balme his height. If he were a few inches shorter he wouldnt be expected to run around daft "linking up". He'd be allowed to do his job. He'd be Ally McCoist.

I sometimes wonder if the real reason he doesnt always play is simply if he did he'd be the target. He gets injured its like losing your teeth. Ya canna chew! You lack bite. Its the fact is that he is so good at scoring that he cant be over relied apon.

But even if he puts the team a man down when there is no possesion. You can have runners like Maloney, faddy, Miller. They can and will go back get the ball, skin a man, cross the ball and without a doubt Boyd would be there.

McCoist did an awful lot of work outside the penalty box.

OK heres one for all the Boyd fans , How many goals has he scored from open play this season?

Do you get extra points for doing that?

You can only score against what your put up against. He is doing it at a very high sucsess rate. I am no "fan" of boyds...but you cant argue with facts

OK heres one for all the Boyd fans , How many goals has he scored from open play this season?

His goal against Partick was from open play............ :rotflmao:

Prolific , 1 goal and its against Partick :thumb04:

Do you get extra points for doing that?

You can only score against what your put up against. He is doing it at a very high sucsess rate. I am no "fan" of boyds...but you cant argue with facts

The FACTS are he can score against diddy teams but when he's up against a half decent defence he does nothing.

Edited by DALNEIGHCALEY

His goal against Partick was from open play............ :rotflmao:

Im not a fekin Hun so i dont know how many he's scored from open play, but that one even if it was against Partick was a cracker!!

His goal against Partick was from open play............ :018:

Prolific , 1 goal and its against Partick :rotflmao:

Im not a fekin Hun so i dont know how many he's scored from open play, but that one even if it was against Partick was a cracker!!

Your missing the point mate, point being a decent defence would have cut out the pass to Boyd for the goal against Partick. Though granted he fair buried it.

His goal against Partick was from open play............ ;)

Your missing the point mate, point being a decent defence would have cut out the pass to Boyd for the goal against Partick. Though granted he fair buried it.

what your failing to grasp is the FACT that strikers in the SPL will be judged on performances against the BIG teams and Celtic have ruled Scottish football for most of Boyds career.

International goals have been scored against Bulgaria ( friendly in Japan x2 ), 2 against the Faroes, 1 against georgia , 1 against S. Africa and 1 against Lithuania hardly Earth shattering stuff FFS.

Dont get me wrong either, i'm annoyed at Boyd for turning his back. He should have fought on. No matter how idiotic and egotistical Burley is. It just makes him look bad. Its you country FFS.

He has scored v Celtic but doesnt play against them too often.

Both we and Bulgaria had experimental teams but we trounced them. Martin Petrov played.

We trounced the Faroes when he played.

We comfortably beat Georgia at home by two goals

We comfortably beat Lithuania at home by two goals (i think)

He scored the only goal of the game against a team who no matter how they got there, will be at the world cup.

Even if Boyd doesnt score others will as he will be man marked, leaving valuable space for Miller and McFadden. So he does offer more than goals. His mere presense is a nuisanse.

When teams played Poto or Galatasaray, they feared Jardel. They feared his goal record. He was the laziest player going.

When teams played against Negri, at Rangers, for ahem, half a season, they knew he'd be nowhere. Out of the game. What there he scores.

Paul Ritchie at Inverness was always critisied for not scoring against the big teams, but without his goals against the dross we would never have challenged. We would have been relegation candidates. Robson wouldnt have had a crossing target.

The amount of times Larsson never appeared to be doing much. The team having him snuffed out. Appearing comfortable. Then he'd score, then again. then again. then he'd set one up. (fair enough boyd cant do that but he's no Henrik Larsson is he)

Rangers score more as a team when he plays.

Scotland score more as a team when he plays.