FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Best childhood toy EVER !!!

dumpmaster

It had to be " Eagle eyes action man " !! God he was rock hard he made Bodie from the " professionals look like a real Weed !

Also anyone remember a game called "Perfection" where you had to stack different shaped barrels before they got knocked down by a steel ball bearing that was falling down from the top ??

:021:

The first toy i remember was a large blue & red plastic tractor which has a working steering wheel.

To this day i can still get the smell of it from some plastics which flood in the memories, funny how a smell can bring it all back...... nobody mention farts please.

Action man was a feckin great toy.

Guest Lauraness

my favourite was barbie too KB and her pink camper van. Mega fun.

and my Thundercats and my Shera figure hehehehehehe.

Nd i quite liked my bike too with the basket on the front, it was a baby blue raleigh with flowers on, lubbly.

OOOh and everyone had one of those wee red and yellow cars !!!! hahahahaha they were dodgy....i liked the sunroof tho!!!

KB dontknow if you ever checked but Action Man did not have a lot 'down below'

Dont know how he kept Barbie happy?

Yeah but even still compared to Ken he was a studmuffin!

I reckon Ken wanted a bit of Action Man as well :010:

oh my!!!

my daughter had a green stork marg tub, and used it FAR more than any of her 'proper' toys, it was a hat, a bucket, a dolls bed, a pan, a bowl, whatever her little heart desired at the time.

my most remembered ones were my pair of pipa dolls, hours and hours i spent with them! must have been an avid watcher of blue peter, cos the furniture i could russle up from an egg box and a fairy bottle was to be envied across the counrty! :015:

To this day i can still get the smell of it from some plastics which flood in the memories, funny how a smell can bring it all back...... nobody mention farts please.

and on THIS occation, i shall say nothing! :015: :015: :015:

Action Man...

I had one of he first - 21/- he cost with just a simple uniform. My Dad didnt approve of his son playing with dolls, so I had to explain he was a toy soldier. I saved up enough and bought all the top uniforms, and me and my homeys used to swap them about. Hours we would spend, making scenarios - Bitish Tommy, SS stormtrooper, ski soldier, GI of course, but I had two faves.

The deep sea diver had a tube so you could blow bubbles out of his helmet. He used to explore all the rockpools in Balintore when we went there for holidays. The other one was the spaceman: all the kids in my generation loved "space". He had a silver space suit and a hemet with a moving visor modelled on the Mecury missions, he also had a jetgun, for moving around in zerograv, which must have been poetic licence. Then, I discovered rock music, now read on...

My favourite toy was a black articulate Tonka Truck - solid metal, and built to last forever. The abuse that thing got and yet I never once managed to break it.

They just don't make toys like that anymore.

My favourite toy was a black articulate Tonka Truck - solid metal, and built to last forever. The abuse that thing got and yet I never once managed to break it.

They just don't make toys like that anymore.

That sounds a bit like F*ballers Wife... only she's not articulate....!!

:015: :015:

Well Subbuteo obviously...........

But also Lego and Meccano. Airfix models that my ma had to dust, and she always broke bits off them.

Airfix had a Lego substitute called 'Betta Builda'.

Does anybody remember these wee plastic submarines where you had to put some baking soda in them?

A pull along train made by my uncle from Ostermilk tins.

Spoilt brat....

Always wanted a really good train set, asked for one for xmas and got excited when i started unwrapping a big box, floored when out came a plastic clockwork train set in a box which could have held 4 sets.. :007:

What you saying johnboy...........she's black and built like a tonka truck!!!!!!!!

oh my!!!

my *** may be a tad on the large side guys... maybe like that back end of a bus... but not a bloody TRUCK!

That sounds a bit like F*ballers Wife... only she's not articulate....!!

:015: :015:

and i AM SO articulate.... i bend in the middle too! d'oh! :014: