• Create Account
  • twitter
  • facebook

WELCOME GUEST

Hi there Guest .... Welcome to CaleyThistleOnline (CTO), the #1 online resource for Inverness Caledonian Thistle fans since 1994. We Highlanders are known for our hospitality so please enjoy your visit and feel free to have a look around. We hope you like what you see and that you decide to return soon and maybe even take part in our discussions.

As a guest, you are permitted to browse the main areas of our site without registration, and to read the topics our members are discussing in the main forums ... but some features are disabled. if you feel the urge to respond or you want search or messaging capabilities we do require you to register.

You can do this manually or you can use a pre-existing Facebook, Twitter or Google account to kick start the process. Registration is free and easy and you can start your registration by clicking the green "create account" box up there on the right.

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Hospitality

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#26 Alex MacLeod

Alex MacLeod

Global Superstar

• 08: Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,009 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:25 PM

Probably true but we need it for income from the corporate world who have all gone to Dingwall becuse the the hospitlity is in a different league.

I've heard from a reliable source that there's not much hopitlality going on down our way that's why they've all gone elsewhere.

You go and try and get a table at Dingwall between now and the end of the season and you'll be lucky, not just until Christmas!

I hear that the reason for that is because one person has bought up all the hospitality in the hope of selling it on at a small profit.

#27 gordieict

gordieict

Super Sub

• 05: Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

Probably true but we need it for income from the corporate world who have all gone to Dingwall becuse the the hospitlity is in a different league.

I've heard from a reliable source that there's not much hopitlality going on down our way that's why they've all gone elsewhere.

You go and try and get a table at Dingwall between now and the end of the season and you'll be lucky, not just until Christmas!

I hear that the reason for that is because one person has bought up all the hospitality in the hope of selling it on at a small profit.

The hospitality at County has always had a good reputation with many telling me its better than ICT's. I can't vouch for that myself as I have only ever been to ICTs and thought it was very good.

#28 Yngwie

Yngwie

World Class Player

• 08: Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,791 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

But the downside at County is that you've then got to sit through a pretty inevitable 0-0 borefest.
  • TopSix, Caleyjag, Zabriskie and 2 others like this

#29 caley100

caley100

Midfield General

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,383 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

Just as well they fill you full of cheap leibfraumilch so you dont actually see the football.

#30 Ronaldo

Ronaldo

First Team Regular

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

On a related subject, do you know that buckfast is £8 a bottle?! I was thinking of asking my boss to buy me a few bottles as a social experiment.

Now back to the serious the matter of hospitality, it's all about selling the ICT product and getting the matchday experience right and importantly generating precious income.

#31 IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Global Superstar

• 13,134 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

But look at the pictorial comparisons - the fare, the transportation and the advertising.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
  • Scarlet Pimple likes this

#32 FoolPhysio

FoolPhysio

Super Sub

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:21 AM

. . . . all gone to Dingwall becuse the the hospitlity is in a different league.

Yes - First Division.

#33 TopSix

TopSix

First Team Regular

• +07: Player Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:57 AM

. . . . all gone to Dingwall becuse the the hospitlity is in a different league.

Yes - First Division.

Fizzy pop hospitality.

#34 Tree

Tree

First Team Squad

• PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

I see that Celtic have failed to reach their hospitality targets for last season.

#35 bughtmaster

bughtmaster

First Team Regular

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

But the downside at County is that you've then got to sit through a pretty inevitable 0-0 borefest.

Borefest?? Is that like a tedious talk by Tinkers where you fall asleep or does it mean pigging yourself out on porkers

:ohmy: Daaahhhh.

#36 12th Man

12th Man

First Team Regular

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

Any details about hospitality arrival time for the Friday night County game.

I was doing some sums and its looking like a cheap/ messy, night out for business entertaining.

£80 inc drinks+ vat or £65+vat for the t totalers and claim the tax back for entertaining.

For a 5 course evening meal,free drinks and a main stand seat for the derby match, plus all the usual extras thrown in too.

Edited by 12th Man, 20 September 2012 - 05:08 PM.

#37 IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Global Superstar

• 13,134 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

What about those peeple ho dont want to eat but only want to drink ?

#38 CaleyD

CaleyD

Erse Licking Happy Clapper

• 17,136 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:34 PM

Sports Bar.

#39 lizi

lizi

First Team Squad

• PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

What about one poor sod (me) trying to get back from a week away from work, booked a holiday in the south of Scotland - due to the change of date for the footie, on the Friday I am having to mooch a lift to the nearest bus station for 9am, then three bus changes to get to Glasgow, then two changes to get to Inverness, then taxi home to get changed into footie gear, to even make the kick-off, far less missing out on my place in hospitality! Hope Rosemary enjoys my food etc in hospitality - it had better be a good game and worth my hassle or else - ICT Travel Club passengers at the next away game afterwards will hear all about my woes!

#40 bauhaus

bauhaus

First Team Regular

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:39 PM

Called county like a phone jacker to enquire about hospitality. Was told all games are available, apart from the first derby game, but most bookings for that were provisional, sold out my arse
  • Yngwie, TopSix and 12th Man like this

#41 Fraz

Fraz

First Team Regular

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

Called county like a phone jacker to enquire about hospitality. Was told all games are available, apart from the first derby game, but most bookings for that were provisional, sold out my arse

A la Terry Tibbs style?

#42 CapitalCaley

CapitalCaley

Highland Marcher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:51 PM

What about one poor sod (me) trying to get back from a week away from work, booked a holiday in the south of Scotland - due to the change of date for the footie, on the Friday I am having to mooch a lift to the nearest bus station for 9am, then three bus changes to get to Glasgow, then two changes to get to Inverness, then taxi home to get changed into footie gear, to even make the kick-off, far less missing out on my place in hospitality! Hope Rosemary enjoys my food etc in hospitality - it had better be a good game and worth my hassle or else - ICT Travel Club passengers at the next away game afterwards will hear all about my woes!

Change into your footy gear? What position is Terry playing you?
  • lizi likes this

#43 bughtmaster

bughtmaster

First Team Regular

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

Change into your footy gear? What position is Terry playing you?

Rather personal that one C C :wink: :wink:
  • 12th Man and lukemackay like this

#44 CapitalCaley

CapitalCaley

Highland Marcher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:48 AM

Staggy4life judt gave me some milk......
  • TopSix likes this

#45 IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Global Superstar

• 13,134 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

Are we not getting as pitiful as Over The Bridge as we seem to be discussing Tinkerville more than feckin ICT ?

#46 12th Man

12th Man

First Team Regular

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:24 AM

I am offering a budget hospitality package for the County match.

Free parking at the layby on the A9
A large voddie with a dash of cheap coke
A jumbo pork pie
And a step ladder to watch the game from the A9
£25.50 cash
  • TopSix likes this

#47 KingBeastie

KingBeastie

First Team Regular

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

"Hospitality?... Free Buckfast? Somewhere to park my caravan? A rat on a stick to toast round the camp fire? Talk to me!... Seduce me!"

#48 CapitalCaley

CapitalCaley

Highland Marcher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

Haha. The Terry Tibbs hospitality package. Seduuuuuuuce me!

#49 Fraz

Fraz

First Team Regular

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

Haha. The Terry Tibbs hospitality package. Seduuuuuuuce me!

Attached File  Terry+Tibbs.jpg   13.19KB   1 downloads

Talk to me..

#50 Dewsburydude

Dewsburydude

First Team Regular

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:59 PM

Welcome to the world of the englandshire living ICT fan!! :wink: Its more interesting than a walk to the ground. With plenty time for some "special cola" on the bus :drinking06: