Sign in to follow this  
Caman

If I won the Euromillions jackpot, what would I do....

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Indeed.  A match last season was nearly postponed when the tannoy went down before kick off, surely it would have to be a decent standard in case of an emergency.  The current one is a disgrace.

Surely this kind of thing wouldn't cost the earth? There must be enough local companies who would 'help' out and get free advertising or something like that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Caman said:

Can we not get Tich McCooey on trial for the match announcer post? :laugh:

From memory, Tich obliged at one time but I'm not sure what season it was. I liked him - he is/was a pro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tannoy isnt great but I think this announcer is fine. Ive read very few complaints about him on here. In fact compared to some weve had hes fantastic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/08/2017 at 8:52 AM, Jaggernaut said:

It would help a lot if the announcer didn't think he was a radio DJ. Could someone please tell him to mute the music when he reads out the team lines instead of fading it up and down.

He's a good friend of mine so I will pass it on. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/08/2017 at 5:58 PM, old caley girl said:

The tannoy isnt great but I think this announcer is fine. Ive read very few complaints about him on here. In fact compared to some weve had hes fantastic!

He actually has to use his own mixer/fader and gets paid per match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of a lottery win or otherwise, first and priority should be investment in youth development. Better facilities either refurbishing an existing empty unit somewhere or building a big shed with an indoor pitch and gym facilities. Get free buses from the schools to the training center after school then drop them back home at night so its not down to parents. Get some decent outdoor pitch areas. Finally pay for some enthusiastic locals, ex-players or current players to do coaching badges both here and abroad and get them working with the youngsters. Even opening it up to HL teams for training on the premise they take our youngsters on loans & trials.

Its shocking how poor we are at bringing through our own players so anything that can be done to improve that is a must. Invest in something that provides a return and is sustainable.

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2017 at 10:52 AM, Caman said:

1. Buy Ross County and make them our feeder team :ictscarf:

2. Buy the land the stadium is on and  all land surrounding it that is contained within Stadium Road. This would obviously need the travellers re sited. As we would own 'County' we could put them through there. The council road salt mountain would also need moved. 

3. Rebuild the stadium with a 6,000 seater. An arena type stadium with no gaps around it. 

4. As we would own the land, stadium etc. Have training facilities and a football academy in this area to have everything situated together. 

5. Contraversial bit (1). Change team name to Inverness FC. There is still a hangover and hankering back to the two old teams and all the negativity that goes with this. 

6. Contraversial bit (2). Change the teams colours to something that is new and neutral. Any suggestions? 

7. To win back popularity after points 6 and 7 hand out free season tickets. 

Thoughts?

Re my Point 2 above. 

Still a pipe dream, but retail units on the south side of the land would make the area not 'just for football'.

Which shops would be good there? Waitrose, Sainsburys, an IKEA pick up point like they have in Aberdeen or even just one shop/warehouse such as Costco. Maybe even a small Travelodge, Premier Inn or IBIS hotel. This would breathe new life into that area and make it not 'just for football'.

I'm sure I saw that the reclaimed land (old dump) is marked down for retail sites online somewhere recently. The travellers and salt hill could be resited there or up behind Homebase where they are building a new jail. 

Or an alternative, resite the camp site at The Bught there. It is earmarked for going and a velodrome being built last I heard. Think it has a ten year lease that may or may not be renewed. 

Edited by Caman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2017 at 8:53 AM, bdu98196 said:

Regardless of a lottery win or otherwise, first and priority should be investment in youth development. Better facilities either refurbishing an existing empty unit somewhere or building a big shed with an indoor pitch and gym facilities. Get free buses from the schools to the training center after school then drop them back home at night so its not down to parents. Get some decent outdoor pitch areas. Finally pay for some enthusiastic locals, ex-players or current players to do coaching badges both here and abroad and get them working with the youngsters. Even opening it up to HL teams for training on the premise they take our youngsters on loans & trials.

Its shocking how poor we are at bringing through our own players so anything that can be done to improve that is a must. Invest in something that provides a return and is sustainable.

Cannot disagree. We have to try and re-connect with the city if we are to be successful again. Most football clubs have loads going on throughout the week that they put their name to. Do we have much going on, other than the football every second Saturday ?      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Cannot disagree. We have to try and re-connect with the city if we are to be successful again. Most football clubs have loads going on throughout the week that they put their name to. Do we have much going on, other than the football every second Saturday ?      

http://ictfc.com/community/community-courses/1588-hotshots

http://ictfc.com/community/community-courses/937-weekly-courses

http://ictfc.com/community/community-courses/1522-walking-football

http://ictfc.com/community/community-courses/715-football-fans-in-training

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Cannot disagree. We have to try and re-connect with the city if we are to be successful again. Most football clubs have loads going on throughout the week that they put their name to. Do we have much going on, other than the football every second Saturday ?      

There is a significant amount going on behind the scenes with areas such as the UHI’s plans and linking into the IDYFA network. This is being led by Danny and started before his appointment as COO and is looking to progress within the challenges of Project Brave. One of the main sponsors has also offered logistical assistance in getting local teams involved in match days and means to progress this are also happening.

 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see they are taking the courses out of Inverness to places like Forres, Aviemore etc.

Any link up with the UHI can only be a good thing to, do Falkirk not have a similar link up with Stirling Uni ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.