FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Iain Vigurs

Kingsmills

The one bright aspect to this season is the emergence of Iain Vigurs as a midfielder of genuine quality and even greater potential.

Given that Ian Black is on his way with Don Cowie likely to follow without the club's coffers being boosted one little bit it's vital that efforts are made now to secure Vigurs on a four year contract so that either ICT have the benifit of his ever maturing services for that time or, if he does decide to move on in two years time, the club are properly compensated.

ICT have been guily for too many years of having key players on contracts that are not long enough allowing the likes of Dods, Brown and others to move on either for nothing or far too cheaply. Lets not make the same mistake again.

I say let's get a responsible management team in place, then talk about contracts....

i agree

vigurs is a player who i feel will just get better & better over time, no doubt ending up in him moving on to a bigger team...

I say let's get a responsible management team in place, then talk about contracts....

i agree

vigurs is a player who i feel will just get better & better over time, no doubt ending up in him moving on to a bigger team...

All the more reason for ICT to put themselves in a position to capitalise on any such move.

Guest CaleyJAGGIE

the board better get there fingers out there arses and sort something out. especially with blackie off to the jambos.

He's played for the U19's

He was part of the squad that won the 2007 La Manga U19 Tournament in Spain, played in the match v Slovakia (0-0) and match v Norway (2-1 Win).

He also played in a Friendly v Austria in May 07 (2-0 win)...Vigurs coming close to adding the third in this game, but his chip was cleared off the line.

He will no doubt be another player that is on a ****-poor two year contract that will not be offered a new one until december/January of the year it is due to end when Mr Bennet may remember one night in the Heathmount that he has let another one of our quality players slip away for nothing

Out on the left wing he is excellent and i agree that he has got a sweet left foot as well. Another thing that really impressed was his confidence to both challenge players and take them on with the ball. Something a number of our other youngsters have failed to do.

Good to see the club have got his long term future sorted.

need to offer him a good contract to keep him at the club, i dont think he'll settle for the usuaul rubbish caley have offered the youngsters in the past. potentially a far more gifted player than cowie and blackie so they need to hang on to him whatever the cost i reckon (well within reason).

Both Wood and Vigurs are free to negotiate with other clubs now. ICT have made them offers but were the usual p!shy derisory offers made to young players. It's little wonder we can't attract the quality of player we need to deliver the type of player required.

And yes I am aware that we are in the midst of a credit crunch, but I'd rather see ICT in the SPL during the credit crunch than in the 1st division playing to the great crowds attracted to Ross Cty, St Johnstone, Airdrie, Clyde etc.

ICT have to keep Vigurs, but I don't think they will.

Both Wood and Vigurs are free to negotiate with other clubs now. ICT have made them offers but were the usual p!shy derisory offers made to young players. It's little wonder we can't attract the quality of player we need to deliver the type of player required.

And yes I am aware that we are in the midst of a credit crunch, but I'd rather see ICT in the SPL during the credit crunch than in the 1st division playing to the great crowds attracted to Ross Cty, St Johnstone, Airdrie, Clyde etc.

Very dis-heartening.

i agree i dont think they will manage to keep vigurs...it's early in his career so he isn't going to tie himself down to a club that aren't prepared to offer him a salary that reflects his talent. anything under a 1000 a week will be pointless for him to accept. im sure he will find another spl club easily so caley really need to offer him a serious deal to keep him.

Edited by dreamers

Must just be me then that thinks he is being a tad overhyped by some of our fans. I honestly thought he was poor against Rangers, should have scored with the close in header and went the wrong way when on the edge of the box shooting into the side net. He does have a very tasty left foot, but not yet the finished article, needs more bite and more muscle. He will however, become a decent player one day.

Must just be me then that thinks he is being a tad overhyped by some of our fans. I honestly thought he was poor against Rangers, should have scored with the close in header and went the wrong way when on the edge of the box shooting into the side net. He does have a very tasty left foot, but not yet the finished article, needs more bite and more muscle. He will however, become a decent player one day.

I agree , hes nowhere near the finished article but looks a decent prospect.

Thought he was poor on Sunday also .

Guest Spectre

Well a bit over-hyped, some good some bad on Sunday but apart from Blackie and Barry he's one of the few players who seem to be comfortable on the ball. Oops.