Butchers Interview

Alex MacLeod

As far as I can see on the other thread nobody has picked up on what he said. When asked about bringing anyone in before the window he said something along the lines of 'We have one or two on our minds, one or two to speak to and one or two who may come back'

Bayne, Wyness ????

As far as I can see on the other thread nobody has picked up on what he said. When asked about bringing anyone in before the window he said something along the lines of 'We have one or two on our minds, one or two to speak to and one or two who may come back'

Bayne, Wyness ????

My father said the same as you but I thought he said "one or two still to get back to us" meaning that players had been approached but had not yet given an answer, but since I have heard two people giving the same quote I believe I must be wrong.

Bayne, Wyness ????

I picked up on that and it did get me thinking. Wyness, Bayne, Dargo and Dods are probably the most obvious candidates to come back. I think we could be seeing the end of Black in an ICT shirt though. Butcher was scathing about him having signed a PCA while on setanta a few weeks ago.

Bayne, Wyness ????

on stv he said they had a few names in mind,and a few had got back to them(meaning agents)

In all honesty at the moment I would be happy to see Bayne back as he think he is the type of player we need at present to help us out....

Just mentioned it on another thread but was impressed by Butcher on his sky sports interview and liked the way he can laugh at himself with the "at least I've never been sacked in Scotland...." quote in response to a question about his time at Sydney and Brentford....

Bayne, Wyness ????

I picked up on that and it did get me thinking. Wyness, Bayne, Dargo and Dods are probably the most obvious candidates to come back. I think we could be seeing the end of Black in an ICT shirt though. Butcher was scathing about him having signed a PCA while on setanta a few weeks ago.

Certainly wont be Dods......he's just signed a new three year deal at DU

Bayne, Wyness ????

Why was he so scathing about him signing a PCA?

Bayne, Wyness ????

He basically said he disagreed with them and that they showed a lack of loyalty to your club. He then went on to say that of he was in charge of ICT Ian Black would never play for the club again.

Bayne, Wyness ????

He basically said he disagreed with them and that they showed a lack of loyalty to your club. He then went on to say that of he was in charge of ICT Ian Black would never play for the club again.

Oh well, perhaps he should be more scathing re his current employers for not sorting out Blacks contact a good while ago and then it wouldnt be an issue

Edited by stevico1

Bayne, Wyness ????

Oh well, perhaps he should be more scathing re his current employers for not sorting out Blacks contact a good while ago and then it wouldnt be an issue

Precisely. Lets hope he can convince Cowie and Vigurs to sign new deals.

Bayne, Wyness ????

Precisely. Lets hope he can convince Cowie and Vigurs to sign new deals.

I hope he can and imagine he will be his own man and if he wants to keep them will do all in his powers to do just that

Edited by stevico1

I didn't pick up on that. I'm not sure which potentially available ex-players would really benefit us that much. I'd take Wyness. Not sure about Bayne, though - I still think, if Adam Rooney is managed properly, he has the potential to be far more effective than Bayne. Barry Wilson in a combined coaching role, perhaps? Mark Brown? Not sure I would take him over Esson.

Or maybe he has some incriminating negatives of Barry Robson... :rotflmao:

I bet Brian Kerr will be one of our new signings now given he is on a free and was good player under Butcher at Motherwell.

He defnitely needs to bring in a striker though, i wonder if Barry is the one allegedly returning??

I bet Brian Kerr will be one of our new signings now given he is on a free and was good player under Butcher at Motherwell.

He has only played one compeditive game this year and that was back in the intertoto cup, Hamilton had him for 2 weeks but decided against making a move for him

Time for bed!!!!

I am going to sleeping with the comfort of having a safe pair of hands in charge of my club.

2 bottles of best bubbly consumed tonight.

Glory Glory Terry Butcher

As the Caley Jags go marching on on on!!!!!!!!

Hallellujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!