FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

BAD NEWS OR IS IT?

CELTIC1CALEY3

Graham Bennet has hit back in today's P & J.  Dodds has not rejected his contract offer and will not be going to united.  He has a year left to run on his current contract and is not for sale.

Mmmmm. I wonder. Where are they going to get the money to increase Machines@ contract?

Caley Jags director of football Graeme Bennett has dismissed the reports and insists talks with Dundee United target Dods are ongoing.

When Craig Brewster joined Dundee United he intimated an interest in Darren, Craig Dargo and Mark Brown, and was told then that we had no interest in selling the players.

"We spoke to the players at the end of the season and told them we would make offers once our budget for the new season had been put in place. We have done that and we may be in a position to offer them more. They are important players who we want to keep at the club.

"The only players who we have received bids for are Ian Black and David Proctor, and both were rejected. We are still waiting for United to come back to us with improved offers."

Ya must all start learning Parliamo Grasser and reading between the lines

Grassa put a proposal to the Board of Directors asking for an increased wage budget based on the increased revenue the club will get from the new Setanta deal - you really must try and keep up  :006:

Wheres Benchy when you need him? He knows it all, even if the managers don't, surprised he's not putting in a return visit  :001:

Dods stays, says Caley director

ALASDAIR FRASER June 21 2006 

Inverness Caledonian Thistle yesterday rubbished reports of a contract rift with defender Darren Dods and claimed Dundee United had no chance of capturing him.

Graeme Bennett, the club's director of football, dismissed claims the centre-half had rejected a new two-year deal.

Craig Brewster, the Dundee United manager, is keen to bring his former charge to Tannadice but Bennett said negotiations with Dods, and others, including striker Craig Dargo, will resume in the next few days. "We are confident we can agree a new contract with Darren. I can assure you he will not be joining Dundee United. He has another year to run of his contract."

[move]JUST AS PREDICTED  :004:[/move]

retard story

BREWSTER BITES BACK AT CHRISTIE

BLAZING Dundee United boss Craig Brewster last night hit back at Inverness counterpart Charlie Christie.

Christie, right, sparked a war of words when he threatened to take action if he found United had been guilty of trying to illegally snatch some of Caley Thistle's star players. Brewster's staunch defence came amid ongoing reports that Darren Dods is stalling on a new deal in favour of a move to Tannadice, while Ian Black prepares to meet Inverness for crunch talks to decide his future today.

Brewster said: "I know for sure that I go about my business the right way and they know that as well.

"I spoke to Charlie and Graeme Bennett about a month ago and if I want anything that's the people I'll be talking to.

"All of the Inverness players did brilliant when I was up there but obviously I wouldn't go for all of them.

"There are certain ones who have come up but things have been quite quiet this week.

"I'd expect that in the next week or two we will hopefully see some more movement."

I'm going to be honest here. I am a little bit concerned about the way CC speaks to the media and the way he comes across. Before the Livi game he was talking about how great the Away fans are comepared to the Home ones which he criticised.

I know he must be frustrated by this speculation but he has made some pretty brass statements to the press regarding the Yinited speculation.

I'll be honest too ...... whats he supposed to do ... bend over and take it like a man as CB shafts him ? No feckin chance - our team has been seen as a soft touch by the media for donkey's years when others have come calling for managers and/or players and it has to stop. If someone is doing it the wrong way, then Charlie has to pull them up on it and if they keep doing it then what better way than to make your displeasure public and embarass the ****** !!!

From all the stories I have been reading from afar and from comments on here it seems that CB is reasonably pally with CC and GB and that they regularly meet up for a few beers ... thats fine, I have no issue with that and I am sure that as the drink flows many things are discussed, some that are regular stuff and some that are maybe not as prudent. However, I get the impression (and I could be wrong) that certain people within this friendship are trying to use this and other relationships they have built up within the club to circumvent the normal & formal process of putting a bid in for a player. In any other circumstances this is called TAPPING and it is not allowed.

As for comments about the 'home' fans and 'away' fans, I havent heard those remarks attributed to Charlie, but at the end of the day we have done that argument to death many times .... the group of fans that go to away games seem to be noisier, have more fun, and are a different breed to many of the home fans. Note that I did not say "better" ... just different. Whether it is the fact that its mostly diehards going to away games and they are more passionate and vociferous, or whether its the drink, or whether its another reason, we all know it to be true.

:clapping04: :clapping04: :clapping04:

I love hearing Charlie yatter on in his lovely Sneckie accent about a match, more so after the painfully inarticulate bouts of hestitation from his predecessor. Brew can GTF, he's already proven himself a liar and if he's been at our players without our permission then we should get hm investigated. 

He made the comments before one of the Livi games towards the end of the season. They appeared in the retard and the P & J. It's not the kind of thing the manager might be expected to come out and say regardless of how folk might already feel about it.

Any talk of a move for Dods has, recently, been paper speculation as CB has been to buys parading Hunt, Conway and ? (I forgot) as his new signings. If Yinited have been making illegal approaches then they should be lambasted for it and investigated, However, unless we actually have proof of this then these kinds of comments from CC could land him in just as much trouble.

Well lets all crucify Charlie for telling the truth then :017:

Any interview I have heard with Charlie makes him sound articulate and knowlegeable. I havent heard him say anything I regard as controversial although I suppose it is possible that as a relative newcomer to the world of media attention he might say things that could be twisted or spun in a different direction. I am sure that the chairman will make sure he is kept close to Bill McAllister when important press statements need to be made.

It also seems that a lot of the comments surrounding the 'approaches' or 'bids' that have or havent been made - depending on who you listen to - are coming from Graeme Bennett and like Charlie, he is another that shoots from the hip and can leave himself open to mis-interpretation.

Having said that - I would far rather see GB and CC make honest statements than listen to some of the tripe being dished out by others !

Thing is Scotty we don't know if it is the truth. It might well be. But until we have proof of Yinited maybe conducting ilegal moves behind ICTs back then comments like this will only land the club in trouble.

Highland News

"Yesterday, the ICT manager stressed: "I am absolutely frustrated by my players being named as Dundee United targets.

"In fact, frustrated barely sums up what I'm feeling about it at this moment.

"United came in for David Proctor and Ian Black a few weeks ago and completely undervalued them and the offers were rejected.

"As far as Darren Dods goes, I will be speaking to him today (Wed) and telling him he's a big part of our plans. I have spoken to Darren's agent and he doesn't know where the latest Dundee United story has come from.

"It's mischief-making in the extreme, perhaps from the press on Tayside.

"I would certainly hope the reports are not coming from Craig himself because I'd be bitterly disappointed if that were the case. I will also be mentioning to my players that it's important that they know that their allegiances lie with this club and nowhere else."

Seems quite reasonable to me!