Ict -v- Celtic : Matchday Thread

Scotty

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What an awful advert for Scottish football . Thought we'd been practicing set pieces this week ? I didn't see any evidence today .

Agree it wasnt the best of games but come on the guy has had 3-4 days to work on the team and then is told Cowie is not available. Our first clean sheet for a long time and a point against Celtic and most importantly the players looked like they believed in themselves, is that not enough

What an awful advert for Scottish football . Thought we'd been practicing set pieces this week ? I didn't see any evidence today .

Totally disagree. We might not have been hitting them spot on, but it was abundantly obvious it was something we'd been working on. At all but one set piece we knew exactly who was taking it, guys getting in to the box knew where they were to go and weren't looking around at each other in confusion.

When you think of how long the team have gone without working on them, then you're not going to switch on to hitting them perfect with a weeks practice...but so long as we keep organised and plug away then they'll steadily improve.

Well as the Celtic supporters all seemed to agree we were quite a poor pub team. If Butcher can get some the guys back toi fitness this might prove to be the best pub team in the SPL.

One of the great thing about the players today was the fact they seemed to be getting their self respect back. The treatment they have had in recent months has been degrading and demeaning. The story need not be written because it is history and we have limited time to recover.

The next game will be very difficult and we should look no further than that.

Robson and Skippy are probably still gurning while Strachan and Pendry are over in Boots looking for new dummies. I wonder where Thompson and Brewster were?

A real dogged performance, and a deserved point....though how Imrie and Rooney managed to miss that sitter is still puzzling. Defence was solid, midfield back to it's tenacious best, which just shows how ridiculous it was to drop Blackie over the last few weeks.

That's the best I've seen from Imrie, he must've covered every blade of grass. I can't agree with those who say Barrowman did well, he was absolute mince in my opinion. He just isn't good enough, and hopefully Tel will have seen enough today to realise that. Rooney and young Eric did more in their short time on the pitch than Barrowman did in an hour.

Very encouraging start, same again every week now.

I've not come back from a game properly hoarse for ages, but I sound like Tom Waits at the moment. Great atmosphere, best home performance since we overhauled the 'Tic for a 3-2 win, especially considering the changes to the side. They've got me convinced.

I'm in the pro-Lionel camp, but apart from that I'll go with pretty much everything that's been said. Does anyone have Charlie Richmond's address? I'd like to send him a new watch, cos he clearly needs one. Possibly attached to some C4 :rotflmao:

Well done to the team and management. This is hugely encouraging!

Whether it was an overdose of adrenaline or a specific game plan Celtic never had a moment to settle and play. We battered them from all angles then hoofed it upfield, got in their face and they hoofed it back. The beautiful game this was not but who needs pretty football when it's points at any cost.

I thought Black was lucky not to get marching orders if I'm honest...he could've done something serious to McDonald, who must feel he's been in a fight today.

Ach I was going to say something negative about Proctor but I think they all battled really hard, clumsy at times sure, but no doubting the commitment.

Makes you realise the extent to which Brew had ripped the heart out of our club.

Well done guys!

I've not come back from a game properly hoarse for ages, but I sound like Tom Waits at the moment. Great atmosphere, best home performance since we overhauled the 'Tic for a 3-2 win, especially considering the changes to the side. They've got me convinced.

I'm in the pro-Lionel camp, but apart from that I'll go with pretty much everything that's been said. Does anyone have Charlie Richmond's address? I'd like to send him a new watch, cos he clearly needs one. Possibly attached to some C4 :rotflmao:

You look like Norman Watts (Curly) :thumb04:

You look like Norman Watts (Curly) :thumb04:

Cheeky :018:

Possibly the best bit was walking back to the A9 amid a sea of green and white - could have heard a pin drop, bar the odd muttered 'Samaras is ***** like' ;)

Blacks " challenge " on mcDonald was scandalous and he should have seen red for it . Mr Richmond was very good to us today :rotflmao:

Ok you dont like Blackie point made, anything positive to say about taking a point from the SPL Champions

Aberdeen showed how good the SPL champions are if you have a go at them , we did well to get a point but I honestly think they were there for the taking today , half of them were blowing out their erse after 30 mins due to the 2 hours of football they played on a ploughed field in midweek . I dont dislike Black but I do not like to see assaults like the one that eventually got him booked , IMHO Black could / should have been sent off today and cost us a point .

Blacks " challenge " on mcDonald was scandalous and he should have seen red for it . Mr Richmond was very good to us today :rotflmao:

Ok you dont like Blackie point made, anything positive to say about taking a point from the SPL Champions

Aberdeen showed how good the SPL champions are if you have a go at them , we did well to get a point but I honestly think they were there for the taking today , half of them were blowing out their erse after 30 mins due to the 2 hours of football they played on a ploughed field in midweek . I dont dislike Black but I do not like to see assaults like the one that eventually got him booked , IMHO Black could / should have been sent off today and cost us a point .

Please go and p!ss on someone else's bonfire, just for a bit, and let everyone else bask for a while. Please? :thumb04:

Just back from watching game on Setanta. Butcher's post match interview was class. Full of humour and optimism. Re the game itself, we created the better chances and could have won it despite Celtic having more of the ball. I thought Mihadjuks, Grant and Djebi-Zadi (yes, I do mean him) were immense in defense. Proctor and Tokeley dodgy. Latter was lucky to get away with a shoddy pass in his own box, which nearly gifted 'Tic a goal. Black showed more of his old commitment in mid field. Imrie was well worthy of MoM, and looked well up to SPL standard. Foran not fully fit, but looked useful. Unlucky to be given offside for his early 'goal'. Barrowman worked hard and Odhiambo looked dangerous in the few minutes he was on.Altogether a very encouraging performance. If we can continue with a good win over Killie in the cup, I think it will make all our relegation contenders sit up and start worrying. Well done to everyone involved.

Please go and p!ss on someone else's bonfire, just for a bit, and let everyone else bask for a while. Please? :thumb04:

How am I p1ssing on your bonfire ? I stated we did well to take a point . Basking in the "glory" of a home draw !!! Deary me , is this what we've come to ?

Blacks " challenge " on mcDonald was scandalous and he should have seen red for it . Mr Richmond was very good to us today :thumb04:

Please go and p!ss on someone else's bonfire, just for a bit, and let everyone else bask for a while. Please? :rotflmao:

How am I p1ssing on your bonfire ? I stated we did well to take a point . Basking in the "glory" of a home draw !!! Deary me , is this what we've come to ?

Considering Celtics budget compared to ours and our home form over the last period, yes I am basking in it, but more importantly I am basking in the teams desire and commitment today

Considering Celtics budget compared to ours and our home form over the last period, yes I am basking in it, but more importantly I am basking in the teams desire and commitment today

Plus the fact that a system is emerging, there is a sense of togetherness and we are playing to our strengths - if only the Muppets had wised up sooner !!

McManus is not particularly polite when he tackles. The Celtic players are trained to act. Hamilton are quite good at it. We've been honest. Black's tackle was not done with any malice. Skippy is a big whinger.

thats just blinkered , blacks tackle was atrocious and to imply Mcdonald was acting shows that you either didnt see the incident or are in denial . The way McAnus tackles is of no concern to me , my concern was that if we had someone sent off we could easily have lost the game .