FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Guns'n'Roses

maimie

Wow!!!

What a night!

Two support bands Tower of London and Bullet for my Valentine both really good.

BFMV finished about 8.30 and by 9.15 the natives were getting restless...  My friend who has seen GnR many times said that this was nothing unusual for Axl..

10pm - some had left by now but for all those souls who stayed i reckon this was the best gig on the tour!!  Played till 12.15 non stop.  Izzy Stradlin came on for the last few songs too. 

fireworks during the show and at the end were great!

Best Bits?  Patience, November Rain, Better, Knockin on Heaven's Door and the usual suspects Sweet Child and the encore Paradise City.  Interesting guitar solo of Don't Cry too!

Crack was good, Axl had a go at one of the crowd who was heckling him - " this band ain't mcdonalds,  and it ain't burgerking, this ain't have it your F**king way"

Looks like it was being filmed too.....

Sore bones yesterday - must be getting too old for all that jumping about!!

Set List

Welcome To The Jungle

Its so easy

Mr Brownstone

Live and Let Die

Better

Guitar Solo

Sweet Child O Mine

Heavens Door

You could Be Mine

Jam

The Blues

Guitar Solos - Beautiful

Out Ta Get Me

Guitar Dolo Dont Cry

November Rain

Think About You - Izzy

Used To Love Her - Izzy

Patience - Izzy

Night train - Izzy

Encore

Madagascar

Robin Fink Guitar Solo

Paradise City - Izzy

i watched them live at rock in rio ( AOL gave a live feed to it ) a couple of weeks ago and have to admit to being very impressed

YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE ? YOUR  IN THE JUNGLE BABY  :clapping04:

G'n'R are superb. Can't argue about there quality.

Hardly surprising that Sweet Child has had slash's guitar rift voted the best of the last century  (or so i have been told)... closely followed by the Godfathger Theme tune (apparently)

Another decent band I am listening to are Within Temptaion. Kind of the same style of Evanesence, only i think better.

Wow!!!

by 9.15 the natives were getting restless...  My friend who has seen GnR many times said that this was nothing unusual for Axl..

10pm - some had left by now but for all those souls who stayed i reckon this was the best gig on the tour!! 

1 gig on tour they were 1 1/2 hrs late on stage as axl insisted on having a roast lamb dinner cooked fresh for him b4 going on stage

since appettie g,n,r havent been same and with just 1 surviving member of the band they should just give up and let velvet revolver take over

Guns and Roses admittedly will never be as good as the days of axel, slash and duff etc. But no-one can despute they are rock legends - along with Iron Maiden.

I am not over keen on Velvet Rovolver, but I love their tune 'loving the alien' - pure class.

Velvet Revolver are pretty shocking , largely due to the waste of talent being comitted by Slash & Weiland who in previous bands were quite superb!

i thought they were quite good when I saw them!!

it's prob just cos they're new and it was all compared to GnR and they are different!!

Duff's still lovely though! :016:

saw within temptation supporting iron maiden in paris last year they were pretty good

Within Temptation...now there's a band I could grow to like very much. Sharon den Adel surely has the best female vocals of all time, total quality. She looks pretty good too...  :004:

Maimie - sounds like you were fortunate to have a good gig. According to repors on Kerrang radio there are quite a few folk out there who thought they were pish. Axl's antices don't help and they're very often late turning up or not at all.