FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Stadium Announcer

Guest WynessLegend

I can't believe some of the posts I read on this forum nowadays, CaleyD should be praised ffs he's giving his bit for the club, not to mention the excellent work he does with the website. Nothing wrong with positive critisism but there's no need for some of the comments.

Quite agree there. Too many people sit on the sidelines criticising the efforts of others but do little themselves. Human nature I suppose and it's something we Scots are particularly good at.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've actually never noticed half of the problems with the announcing at TCS that people seem to bring up, I'm sure some are exaggerating or maybe I've got untrained ears?

At the end of the day you wouldn't criticise a charity worker (someone who gives up their time for no money to help others), so why criticise CaleyD's announcing when he's giving up his time for no money to help out - just like a charity worker. Anyway announcing is harder than you'd think, just ask my manager at the co-op.

I can't believe some of the posts I read on this forum nowadays, CaleyD should be praised ffs he's giving his bit for the club, not to mention the excellent work he does with the website. Nothing wrong with positive critisism but there's no need for some of the comments.

Quite agree there. Too many people sit on the sidelines criticising the efforts of others but do little themselves. Human nature I suppose and it's something we Scots are particularly good at.

i completely agree, i wonder if any of the posters criticising the announcer would like to try it themselves to see if they are any better, i think not!

This should be closed before RiG volunters ;)

Caley D said Girls Aloud was well received by the crowd and has asked for me for more music to play. I have sent him my 5ive Greatest Hits CD along with some Backstreet Boys to play for the Home game v Ayr.

Chicane - Poppinhola wasnt played :lol:

Aye, because it's a woeful song ! :P

Its a brillant song :P

Is that a rather large chip I see on your shoulder yaboy.

If you have nothing constructive to say then you won't mind if you get banned from posting on the subject?

No chip sir, just agreeing with the majority of folk on this thread. Would it make you feel better if I was banned from this thread? You're a Rangers man anyway are you not?

I could recommend you a good barber as well to cut that barnet of yours too if you like?

No No No!!!

i think it's lovely... :lol:

some of the posters on this site just amaze me.

Not so long ago it was Judd that was getting the slagging off for not doing a good job. You get someone in who makes an effort to do things a bit differently - and much better in my mind - and they all start to crawl out of the woodwork to slag them off.

Where were these guys when the club was looking for volunteers to do things? Clear snow off the pitch, paint toilets and the like? Bet if the club asked for volunteers to sell programmes or 50/50s not one of you would put your heads above the parapet and do it.

IHE had the right idea when he was calling some of the folk connected with the club muppets. Half the folk posting on this thread should be on that list too...

:lol:

In all honesty, I think its fine, I dont really notice the announcments ( no offence CaleyD ) but to be honest If it was bad I'd notice if you know what I mean... How long you been doing it though CaleyD I've not been at TCS for a while...

I've got no problem with the tannoy announcements and I like a few people would like to praise CD for giving up his time to do it. My only moan was aimed at the incredibly slow First Aiders who decided to try and take as much time as humanly possible to get the stretcher onto the pitch.

It's Caley Ds fault we got relegated. He never played Basshunter! :P :P ;)

I don't think you can get it on the XBox 360 :lol:

The (constructive) criticism doesn't bother me...quite the opposite, as I think it's healthy and if people don't communicate what they like/dislike, what doesn't seem to be working and what does or throw new ideas and suggestions into the ring then no progress can be made.

I don't stand up in the announcers box every week for the plaudits or the "perks" (as has been suggested elsewhere), I do it because I quite enjoy doing it and it's one way of doing my bit for my club. If others genuinely think they could do a turn then PM me because I would love to have the opportunity every now and again to sit in the stands and enjoy the game with the crowd and having 2 or 3 people who are familiar with the announcing makes perfect sense.

It's not only the announcing, there's plenty other things where people could do a turn and it's the little things like the recent request for volunteers for painting that give the chance to help the club save a few quid and it's all these little things that add up and may, perhaps, result in the club having the spare funds to do stuff like upgrade the PA, improve the concourse areas....the "nice to have" things that might otherwise never materialise.

I share some of the frustrations being expressed, and I've tried to explain the situation and why some things are as they are and what can and can't be done for whatever reason. I'm not here trying to blow smoke up your butt and make false promises or calim everything is wonderful...I don't have all the answers and that's why I'm happy to openly discuss things with people.

If some people want to keep up with the personal attacks and distract people from making constructive, worthwhile input, then they can do it somewhere else because I'm drawing the line right here.

I don't stand up in the announcers box every week for the plaudits or the "perks" (as has been suggested elsewhere), I do it because I quite enjoy doing it and it's one way of doing my bit for my club. If others genuinely think they could do a turn then PM me because I would love to have the opportunity every now and again to sit in the stands and enjoy the game with the crowd and having 2 or 3 people who are familiar with the announcing makes perfect sense.

I mentioned the "perk" word by suggesting a free pie at half-time might be some kind of an incentive for taking the job on.

I do apologise - that was actually intended as a joke.

CaleyD no pressure, but the next home game I?m going to include the announcer on the smileometer if I bother to do one lol!!

As I've said, I dont have a problem with it at the club as Ive never really noticed, If it was pi5h then I would have noticed in fairness and the fact you do it in your own free time, and for free then Hats off to you sir!!

Do you get a scone from bazzaz mum? Robbo got one at the weekend!!

Whiness Legend is surprisingly quiet, obviously he is busy shouting at grannies for being old or such like.

Anyway, I was once offered a radio slot in a city with over 1m people. The thought of it turned my stomach, and I quickly managed to pass it over to my American friend who was a hit. Even if the club were offering 25k a year, i couldn't never mind wouldn't do it.

The closest i came was to the co-op tannoy, which even then took a bit of getting used to.

It would be good if there was a fundraising initiative born out of this, if 40k is what it takes, couldn't that be raised somehow by Invernesians doing charity walks into Dingwall or something? Id even do some sort of charity event here in dirty Shanghai!!

perhaps some knobs need tweaking! :(

Indeed ... and many of them have appeared in this thread ;)

Some of you really are beyond belief, throwing insults at a guy who is giving his time free of charge to help the club, last week it was the young ball boys getting stick now the stadium announcer.

I agree wholeheartedly, but unfortunately this kind of psychology has been a feature of this forum for some time now. I suppose that it's just that some people need football as a medium to express certain deepseated and sometimes even subconscious dissatisfactions in their lives. As a result there's they create a hierarchy of targets within the football ground and when criticising one isn't possible, they move on to the next in the pecking order.

Such a hierarchy/ pecking order might typically read -

The Manager

The Players

The Stewards

Mike Smith

Car Parking

Caley D's announcing

The PA system

The ballboys

The pitch

The pies

The toilets

The weather

Fred Goodwin

you forgot the "admins/mods" Charles ... thats in there somehwere between car parking and the manager depending on the day of the week ........

Some of you really are beyond belief, throwing insults at a guy who is giving his time free of charge to help the club, last week it was the young ball boys getting stick now the stadium announcer.

I agree wholeheartedly, but unfortunately this kind of psychology has been a feature of this forum for some time now. I suppose that it's just that some people need football as a medium to express certain deepseated and sometimes even subconscious dissatisfactions in their lives. As a result there's they create a hierarchy of targets within the football ground and when criticising one isn't possible, they move on to the next in the pecking order.

Such a hierarchy/ pecking order might typically read -

The Manager

The Players

The Stewards

Mike Smith

Car Parking

Caley D's announcing

The PA system

The ballboys

The pitch

The pies

The toilets

The weather

Fred Goodwin

you forgot the "admins/mods" Charles ... thats in there somehwere between car parking and the manager depending on the day of the week ........

So I did! And also forgot about David Sutherland. He has been featuring on the list at points too... peaking perhaps just behind the mods/admin.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

I've been briefly away at the "Non ICT" forum and as a result I'm now back with another one:-

The Official Website.

So let's see... that now seems to give us

The Manager

The Players

The Stewards

Mike Smith

The Mods and Admin

Car Parking

David Sutherland

Caley D's announcing

The PA system

The official website

The ballboys

The pitch

The pies

The toilets

The weather

Fred Goodwin

I've been briefly away at the "Non ICT" forum and as a result I'm now back with another one:-

The Official Website.

So let's see... that now seems to give us

The Manager

The Players

The Stewards

Mike Smith

The Mods and Admin

Car Parking

David F Sutherland

Caley D's announcing

The PA system

The official website

The ballboys

The pitch

The pies

The toilets

The weather

Fred Goodwin

fixed it for ya Charles :017:

Edited by arbroath2ict5

:lol: :lol: :lol: F stands for... :)

I haven't posted on this forum for ages, and this thread sums up why.

:angry:

wow i feel saddened by our loss :017:

CaleyD, is this thread a good plae to post song suggestions?