FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT v Albion Rovers : Match Thread

MissICT

Straford strikes me as being a bit like Duncan....never does anything that really makes him stand out, but plays a simple game with very few mistakes.

Tokely didn't have a blinder by any means, but just having him there seems to make the whole right side of the team click for us.....he was the one playing Hayes into the game for most of the game, and since Hayes was MotM then Tokely must have been doing something right.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good first half from us after a slow start Bully and Rossco rightly booked, Hayes is a pocket rocket and Foran was good without scoring. Albion Rovers deserved a goal, their No11 was tricky and they kept going right to the end as we dried up. Eagle scored the pick of the goals and had a decent game.

Second half petered out but all credit to a plucky Rovers for keeping the score down and having a go.

Plus points to Cox Grant Eagle Foran and..........the rest were just average, with Rossco being surprisingly off colour and Stratford doing, well, doing just nothing.

Stratford was brilliant tonight. My MOM. Never put a foot wrong. We should be getting behind stratford because if we dont russell duncan will be back in the team and we dont want that do we. :lol: Rooney was the one that looked off colour.

I would be tempted to say Rossco was dire tonight. Lots of mislaced passes, booked for a spiteful trip, his third misdemeanour, and almost torn a new one by the young Rovers winger. Stratford seems to pass me bye. I just don't see him ball winning and creating much, Cox on the other hand is superb and we will have difficulty holding on to him.

Get yer glasses on Don, Rossco tripped the guy as he cut across him. Rooney couldnae tackle a fish supper.

A bit lethargic from us in the second half.

I alwawys wondered who was voting for Stratford.

The tackle Tokely got booked for was actually made by Rooney.....the ref booked the wrong man.

This is absolutely correct. Rooney standing right beside him kept schtum. You'd think with Roscos rep, Rooney would want to spread it round. Rooney was getting a fair bit of stick - no guts, not much skills, but get the ball on his toe 5 yards out and he, for one doesn't look for the pass. It seems a lot of his goals have been taken on the volley, good to watch if nothing else. He will be a scorer for us, but may not be a fans fave, much like Ritchie. Got called for all the lazy ********, but still outscored everyone.

The rest was fine, a couple of howlers from both the wing backs, but these cup games are good to keep Rosco in form. Hayes has really picked up, running hard and finding that extra yard. Great to watch. Eagles looks the part but doesn't produce as much. I missed his goal though, which I am told was top drawer. Foran was getting onto some lovely through balls, but just didnt have the luck today. He must be a nightmare to play against. Cox is the best of the new signings, and that is great. The Courier called him, "the perfect midfielder" - lets hope he stays for a while. The rest were fine.

The team seems to be gelling well, and I am very happy and optimistic for the season.

It came after he neatly fed Rooney through only for the keeper to block the shot, it came to him fairly sharply and he first timed it well over the bar from 18yds. Foran would probably have knocked it home but it was maybe too soon for Sutherland.

"Straford strikes me as being a bit like Duncan....never does anything that really makes him stand out, but plays a simple game with very few mistakes." CaleyD

I agree with you and indeed there were a couple of lads behind me at the game and they were talking about Stratford in the same way.

Our defending tonight however, was rubbish.. Play like that against County and we will get beat!! Was Rossco trying to out Bomb Scare Lionel?

What a difference in Haynes (seems to be losing weight and finding some match fitness) he certainly looks to have some talent, his ball control is brilliant and he is keen to take guys on.

I really cannot fault what TB is doing style wise, with the addition of talents of his new players, he's got us playing attractive, passing football using the full width of the pitch..

It's so much better to watch than Brewsters long ball garbage.

Cox has me asking "Who was Ian Black?" and he was a player I didn't think we could replace...

Edited by kiltarlity

Regarding Cox.....heard a rumour tonight that he doesn't actually need to wear the splint any more, but as he scored in his d?but whilst wearing it he views it as a lucky charm and will continue to wear it for the rest of the season!!!

nfortunately couldn't go last night, but listened to open all mikes. Who was the tw*t commentating on us? First one was aimed at Tokely ("booked for fouling, nothing changed there then") and second making an assertion that ICT had found their level ( "Better for ICT fans than last year" etc.) whoever you were, stay in the central belt.

nfortunately couldn't go last night, but listened to open all mikes. Who was the tw*t commentating on us? First one was aimed at Tokely ("booked for fouling, nothing changed there then") and second making an assertion that ICT had found their level ( "Better for ICT fans than last year" etc.) whoever you were, stay in the central belt.

It was Scott Davie - a Raith Rovers supporter who usually has the Pittodrie beat on Sportsound. I always find his reporting pretty irritiating, tbh - never seems to have any enthusiasm for the game.

It was Scott Davie - a Raith Rovers supporter who usually has the Pittodrie beat on Sportsound. I always find his reporting pretty irritiating, tbh - never seems to have any enthusiasm for the game.

That's the man. Has this affected laconic (bubonic?) east coaster Lloyd Grossman drawl? As in "goawl" or "baowl" (bag) Got him now.

Our seats were behind the dug out. Ref defo booked the wrong person. After this happened the 4th official came over and spoke to MM. Butcher turned round and shouted at the 4th official "It's not the world cup final we're playing here" and all around disolved into laughter and cheers.

Stratford might not take long shots, but he makes a better pass and can take a corner unlike Duncan.

And when was the last time one if his long shots worked..... I cant even do the short shot anymore, did he not miss a one on one with the keeper from around the pen spot.. oh hang on it was... Duncan would be below Mcbain, Stratford, Ross, Rooney, Barrowloads and me... In a pecking order.

Rangers scouts watching Cox according to radio

Tell them hands off and GTF.

Doubt it there was scouts looking at Cox

If the price was right he can look at Cox all he wants, but it cost more for extras...