FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Stratford

tm4tj

OK, at the moment he is my pet hate.........can anyone defend his performances over the last few games.......

waste of space as far as I can see.

Edited by themann4thejob
not used to this red wine yet

OK I'll defend him except for today. I think in previous games he's gone about his job quietly but efficiently and has been an asset to the team. I think we need to give the new players a bit of slack while they settle in - but today he certainly was'n the worst on the park by any means.

So are we going to say every player and staff needs to go now. Butcher signed him yes but im sure he wont be scared to drop him

He is the Assistant Manager of Scotland for god sake him must have something about him dont you think?

He is a good manager and I dont understand after one defeat yes it was against our rivals but still it was only 1 defeat we are saying he is going to have to do something to get it sorted.

Was the 6 games without defeat before that not enough to show that he is doing something right

OK guys, try and keep this to the original subject. I believe that the fact Butch signed him is the sort of give away......he is his signing and he will play him.

Come on Terry, Russell or Roy could have done what he did today, in fact give me his shirt and I could have done what he did today...........thats right, feck all... diddley squat. He was useless, as he has been in previous games but it did not matter. Today he and we were found out big time.............suckers, the lot of us.

Was the 6 games without defeat before that not enough to show that he is doing something right

Well just want to point this out jaggie1994 it wasnt against all 1st division clubs

yeah I know but it did have Dunfermline and Dundee away. 2 of the strongest teams in the division. It may be against weaker opposition mostly but we still did a job against them comfortably apart from the Montrose game

I have to agree. He's added nothing to the team so far. Perhaps he has the makings of a decent player but he desperately needs to get his passing sorted, and he has a horrible habit of ballooning the ball right over our front line straight to the opposition players. I'd still give him a chance, but he needs to improve desperately in the next few games or he will be dropped.

I think perhaps the board are too blame. When Butcher signed Stratford he told us he did so because he needed utility players (players that could play in more than one position, because we were looking at a squad of 22).

Stratford fitted the bill could play in defence or midfield...

Then board relented and let Butcher have more players/wages budget... if Butcher had know this at time of signing the utility feature of Stratford would have not been a prime consideration...

Stratford was signed in a hurry and seems a intelligent (just finnished PE degree), decent lad, as a trialist he perhaps looked better than others as he was in a better state of fitness (due to his PE thing)... think TB was swayed by Stratford the guy not so much Stratford the player who was unknown..

Edited by kiltarlity

I think perhaps the board are too blame. When Butcher signed Stratford he told us he did so because he needed utility players (players that could play in more than one position, because we were looking at a squad of 22).

Stratford fitted the bill could play in defence or midfield...

Well after saying that he does play a DM/CM that shows us how bad he is playing since he isnt the player that doesnt do much of attacks and doesnt take long shots like Duncan does

I would say he has been ok up until today.

He had a good range of passing and decent set pieces but today he just lacked anything...but then again so did everyone.

I would say he has been ok up until today.

He had a good range of passing and decent set pieces but today he just lacked anything...but then again so did everyone.

Agreed we are being a bit harsh, he is new to pro football but has obviously had good coaching at Washington DC..

Skills & Fitness I imagine would be his thing, given this Physical Education qualification. Think he has done ok in other games, just not today....

Get yer tongue out of yer cheek..................if the wind changes............

OK, I'll stick my neck out here, Stratford is not Good enough, especially when Roy, Russell and anyone in the North stand can perform better.

yeah I know but it did have Dunfermline and Dundee away. 2 of the strongest teams in the division. It may be against weaker opposition mostly but we still did a job against them comfortably apart from the Montrose game

That's the secret then! Just play the big teams. Avoid playing dross teams like Montrose and Dingwall :( :( :lol: