Concerns Threads (merged)

TopSix

Years and years of lax management on the part of those running the club has now caught up with us. What needs to change is that the people in charge need to buck up, learn some organisational skills, show some initiative and stop treating their paying customers, the fans, like idiots. T

Problem is they all think they are doing a great job, its the fans that are stupid

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Years and years of lax management on the part of those running the club has now caught up with us. What needs to change is that the people in charge need to buck up, learn some organisational skills, show some initiative and stop treating their paying customers, the fans, like idiots. T

Problem is they all think they are doing a great job, its the fans that are stupid

They do have a point though.

If I were a shopkeeper and had been mis-selling goods I'd be prosecuted.

We pay for a product and we're not getting what was advertised. BUT we still keep coming back for more. Stupid Stupid Stupid.

Craig Dargo

Mark Brown

Don Cowie

Darren Dods

John Rankin

Marius Niculae

Dennis Wyness

Graham Bayne

Ian Black

Barry Wilson

Richard Hastings

Stuart Mcaffery

Iain Viguars

Looking at it again that lot with Tokley and Munro would be a regular top six SPL side never mind fighting relegation

Pretty poor analogy though. A shop keeper has more control of his goods than the ICT board over the performance of the players. That's more down to the manager.

you cant sayany one of the players would have saved us as they didnt stay so couldnt and i believe the players weve got will come good before christmas then watch us go

You can say they would have saved us:

Mark Brown- Was a goalie who saved the shots he wasn't expected to im sick of the ammount of times have said oh well the goalie was unlucky couldn't have saved it.

John Rankin and Don Cowie- Were both pricless in providing assists for the side and were prolific in scoring from midfield to.

Darren Dods- Was a man mountain who used to win us games single handely by blocking them off lines and also had a very healthy record of scoring.

Craig Dargo- Only need to point out 2nd topgoalscorer in spl behing boyd.

Hasten to add even Brewster playing himself up top would have been better than some of the mugs within the team last year.

I would rather Esson over Brown though i know Esson didnt get a game during the run-in

Pretty poor analogy though. A shop keeper has more control of his goods than the ICT board over the performance of the players. That's more down to the manager.

Are you suggesting our Board have no control?

Pretty poor wind up RIG. You've already started gettin personal on another thread I will not take the bait. I'd expect better from a mod even of your standard.

Craig Dargo

Mark Brown

Don Cowie

Darren Dods

John Rankin

Marius Niculae

Dennis Wyness

Graham Bayne

Ian Black

Barry Wilson

Richard Hastings

Stuart Mcaffery

Iain Viguars

Ane how many of those wanted to go ??

I reckon every one would have stayed if a) they were not forced out :blink: had been offered a contract early enough as so they wouldnt be tempted away when it was running out bar maybe Dods and Dargo who wanted to move for lacation reasons.

A team of -

- Brown(:) -

Tokely - McCaffery(a) - Munro - Hastings(a)

Wilson(a) - Cowie(B) - Black(a/B) - Rankin (a)

Wyness(a) - Bayne(a)

with a bench of Fraser(B)/ Esson; Duff, Vigurs(a) on it would be the stuff of dreams right now.

Who knows if Black had got on with Brewster or Brew had been shoved out before Black signed a pre contract?

Who knows if Wilson hadn't been frozen out by CB

Who knows if Wyness hadn't been offered a contract then had it removed by CB

Who knows if Bayne's work ethic and ability to actually win a header had been honed by someone in similar playing ilk in CB.

Who knows in Rankin hadn't been told he wasn't wanted (by you guessed it, CB) only to go on to a higher profile team in Hibs.

And what if TB had recognised Vigurs talent over people like Eagles and given Hastings more of a kick up the arse rather than freeze him out completely.

While its folly to believe we could have kept all those players. (Niculae would have eventually moved on and Caff was never 1st choice) If we could have one or two now in the 1st Div it might ease the wounds (or something like that)

Cowie was excellent for us in his 1st season a new deal should have been offered then.

No I am suggesting they have less control over a teams performance than a shopkeeper does over the goods he sells.

Pretty poor wind up RIG.

It's not a wind up.

You've already started gettin personal on another thread I will not take the bait. I'd expect better from a mod even of your standard.

What are you drivelling on about now?

Thats the spirit Georgeios.

They may be sh***, but at least they are our sh***.

Im not well the now and missed the game, so i have nothing to be negitive about just now lol :blink:

No I am suggesting they have less control over a teams performance than a shopkeeper does over the goods he sells.

What a ridiculous comeback. Does a shopkeeper fill the tins and boxes on his shelves?
Pretty poor wind up RIG.

It's not a wind up.

:lol:
You've already started gettin personal on another thread I will not take the bait. I'd expect better from a mod even of your standard.

What are you drivelling on about now?

I am referring to insinuations I referred to in the PM I sent you, which you still haven't elaborated on. For me now to be having a conversation on this thread is not only taking this off topic but probably going to really nark a few other posters off. Would you please take the time to respond in a civilised manner to my PM.

What a ridiculous comeback. Does a shopkeeper fill the tins and boxes on his shelves?

Yes. However in doing this (s)he is hardly mis selling said products.

I am referring to insinuations I referred to in the PM I sent you, which you still haven't elaborated on. For me now to be having a conversation on this thread is not only taking this off topic but probably going to really nark a few other posters off. Would you please take the time to respond in a civilised manner to my PM.

Hate to disappoint you but no elaboration or further response is required from me :lol:

Yes. However in doing this (s)he is hardly mis selling said products.

Hate to disappoint you but no elaboration or further response is required from me :lol:

This is getting boring, I was answering one question and you refer back to another post.

If a shopkeeper is mis-selling goods he is doing it knowingly.

I am suggesting that the board knowingly mis-sold us this season as a championship season.

No further response is required from you.

Why has the "t0sser" smiley been disabled?

I am suggesting that the board knowingly mis-sold us this season as a championship season.

No further response is required from you.

Why has the "t0sser" smiley been disabled?

The comparison of ICT to a shop keeper is ridiculous though. A shop keeper is in the retail business, they buy in a product, and sell it on at a profit.

ICT are in the entertainment business. You wouldn't for example, go to watch a play at Eden Court then demand your money back after it "because it was a bit s**t." Would you?

To be honest 5th stand, you are being ridiculous now. Give it a rest.

Probably disabled to prevent someone from using in a reply to you.

:lol:

Jay, where is your evidence that ICT are in the entertainment business?

I am only saying the board said one thing giving us hope and selling lots of tickets then do nothing. They are responsible for all goings on at ICT and should be proactive in the football side of things. Any other business would be listening to their customers concerns and putting plans into action. There doesn't appear to be any of that. They appear to appoint a manager then sit back 'til his contract is due for renewal or "20 fans" get upset. There appears to be no accountability at Board level.

Is it the mods job on here to defend the board of ICT and make personal attacks on posters?

Utterly bizarre :lol:

How can the board of a football know full well what lies in wait for the season ahead? Sure they might have a rough idea of where they might aim to finish the season but, as I asked you earlier and you declined to provide any kind of thought out response, what you have the club do? Advertise that we might be fighting it out for mid table mediocrity?

Of course they are going to try and be upbeat about our promotion chances even if some fans aren't. If they push this bouncing back to the SPL line enough more people sign up for season tickets = more money = more chance of success in getting back to the SPL. Surely that's their job to try and maximise revenue to the ultimate benefit of ICT?

Utterly bizarre :lol:

How can the board of a football know full well what lies in wait for the season ahead? Sure they might have a rough idea of where they might aim to finish the season but, as I asked you earlier and you declined to provide any kind of thought out response, what you have the club do? Advertise that we might be fighting it out for mid table mediocrity?

Of course they are going to try and be upbeat about our promotion chances even if some fans aren't. If they push this bouncing back to the SPL line enough more people sign up for season tickets = more money = more chance of success in getting back to the SPL. Surely that's their job to try and maximise revenue to the ultimate benefit of ICT?

Just because you do not agree or mis-understand another poster does not make them or their posts bizarre RIG.

Maximise revenue yes, but not by misleading the customer. What have they done to attract decent players here? What did they do to retain the decent players we had here? In fact what is it they actually do and how many season tickets were sold to pay their salaries/expenses? Are they value for money? Is anything at TCS value for money?

Just because you do not agree or mis-understand another poster does not make them or their posts bizarre RIG.

Not normally no although as in many cases there is always an exception.

Maximise revenue yes, but not by misleading the customer. What have they done to attract decent players here? What did they do to retain the decent players we had here? In fact what is it they actually do and how many season tickets were sold to pay their salaries/expenses? Are they value for money? Is anything at TCS value for money?

I don't know the answers to any of the above and neither do you. Again, and for the third time I'll ask you, how were the club meant to advertise this season?

Not normally no although as in many cases there is always an exception.

:lol: :(

I don't know the answers to any of the above and neither do you. Again, and for the third time I'll ask you, how were the club meant to advertise this season?

The same as they advertised every other season RIG.

Why play it up when there'd been no preparations for a campaign in the tough first division and history shows how others have gone before us?

Why play it up when there'd been no preparations for a campaign in the tough first division and history shows how others have gone before us?

For the reasons I've already mentioned plus other obvious ones like attempting to avert the typical knock on effects relegation usally has on a clubs fan base.

For the reasons I've already mentioned plus other obvious ones like attempting to avert the typical knock on effects relegation usally has on a clubs fan base.

So, you are agreeing that they played it up without doing any groundwork for the campaign.