FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Away support

caleytillidie

Wooooaaahhhh boy,

If it wasn't for people like CaleyD you wouldn't have a site to go to. If you don't like what you read, simple don't come on here.

So are you saying I have to agree with everything that is posted on this forum, otherwise I amn't welcome to come onto the site?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wooooaaahhhh boy,

If it wasn't for people like CaleyD you wouldn't have a site to go to. If you don't like what you read, simple don't come on here.

So are you saying I have to agree with everything that is posted on this forum, otherwise I amn't welcome to come onto the site?

You dont have to agree, but you should keep your negative opinions about people to yourself, theres no need for slagging people off. Spot on Oz647 :001:

I find all this "I went to the away game so I'm a good supporter" a bit over the top. Many fans would like to go to all games but cannot, for umpteen reasons, mostly financial and/or family.

I have no family reasons, only financial and can only go to the away games primarily because I give up holidays etc - each away day is ?12 on the Supporters bus and whatever else I spend on the day over the top of entrance and programme. I am, I suppose, a saddo as I prefer to go to the likes of Airdrie (have no idea what the place is like but the Stadium is nice despite being deserted on three sides!) instead of Cyprus or wherever (hate hot sun anyway)(cost of holiday there is virtually equivalent to my seasons away days). I have been to countless away games over the years but have no idea what the areas around the stadiums are like. However I can recall the stadiums and the games - who wants to know about the surroundings, only the results are important to me.

It's all a matter of choice and as long as there is a Supporters bus to the away game, I'll be there - except for a week Saturday - who arranged that??? I've paid for my Dinner, didn't realise there is no dance and now will miss away Cup game at Killie. What a dilemma and even now trying to decide between Killie and Drumossie - anyone want my Dinner ticket?

well - a member of the supporters club saying it's ok to miss a game! i remember being told by the 'hard core that i wasn't a true supporter unless i went to every game - changed days!

I'm quite willing to listen to alternative thoughts and ideas.....so if the "low mood" doesn't exist then what is the reason for the drop in attendances etc?

I blame the hot sun. :cry01:

and inflation (food/fuel), global financial crisis, having the club dismantled by incompetants and the step down in league.

Just had a thought, when did DS lose interest? Was it when Asda switched their plans to Slackbuie?

I seldom post on this Forum and now remember why - posts are nitpicked and torn to bits - ie Arbroath2ICT5 - where did you read between the lines that I thought it was ok for a member of the Supporters Club to miss games? My post was about my regret at missing one game, not anyone else. I cannot speak for other fans, whether they are in the Supporters Club, Trust or neither.

Constructive criticism is welcome but drawing incorrect conclusions is not.

I seldom post on this Forum and now remember why - posts are nitpicked and torn to bits - ie Arbroath2ICT5 - where did you read between the lines that I thought it was ok for a member of the Supporters Club to miss games? My post was about my regret at missing one game, not anyone else. I cannot speak for other fans, whether they are in the Supporters Club, Trust or neither.

Constructive criticism is welcome but drawing incorrect conclusions is not.

Just ignore them, Lizi....

Hard to imagine a supporter more devoted to ICT than you.

:cry01:

Another bitchfest.

For what it's worth, I also read the opening post as a bit rash against other fans. I just put it down to the impetuism of youth. If I am wrong then take a look at the OP again. It is an attack on other fans, probably worded wrongly.

Sort it out please.

Wooooaaahhhh boy,

Rosco17, Not once did I say you weren't welcome. I stated that you should not be slagging the likes of CaleyD for what he posts on here as without him (and others) you wouldn't be able to read anything at all. I then stated that if you didn't like what you read you had the choice to stop visiting the site. No mention of having to agree with what is written or not being welcome.

It is obvious that we will not all have the same points of view on various subjects. There will be bunfights and p1ssing contests but I think there are certain people who should be above getting slagged off in this manner and these are the likes of Scotty and CaleyD. Now I'm not saying you have to agree with all they say because I'm sure they will bthe first to admit that they are not always right. What I'm saying is that if you don't agree with them, post your view on here with your reasons without slagging them off.

Before somebody reads this to mean that I think it's ok to slag everybody else off. I DON'T, it's just as I've mentioned without these particular few, the masses would be very bored. So I think a little extra respect is called for.

Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Heres a postive from not going the the home games the last few weeks, I now have a back log of pie and program cash so on Wed Night Im going for a All you Can eat Buffet!! happydays.

Thats a positive from a negitive.. be happy for me!!

Jesus, it is easy to see why so many threads on this forum get closed.

Look just because people don't go to as many games as others doesn't mean they are any less of a fan. I'm sure theres a lot that would want to go to every game but can't due to work etc. and saying that your not a true fan unless you do go to every game is just wrong. It only means that the people that go to most/all games are able to (time of work, families ok with it, money etc.) and should be greatful of that luxury they have which others would love rather than rubbing it in everyone's face.

Edited by Iain

I do get what CTID is getting at. It is quite alarming that attendances could dwindle that much. It seems fair enough that alot of people may not be able to go but to lose that many puts the frightners on.

It would be more alarming if home attendances were to tumble in that manner as that would be revenue loss for the club.

As long as the 75 fans travelling south make up for their absent fellow supporters the best they can then I think thats good enough for the short term.

If people are stuggling to afford it, or make the time, it only takes for promotion challengers to be mid table to make that decision easier to stay at home rather than travelling to Airdrie etc. I can understand that.

The most important thing is that when we are there we back the team. Get behind them and make some noise.

Jesus, it is easy to see why so many threads on this forum get closed.

Look just because people don't go to as many games as others doesn't mean they are any less of a fan. I'm sure theres a lot that would want to go to every game but can't due to work etc. and saying that your not a true fan unless you do go to every game is just wrong. It only means that the people that go to most/all games are able to (time of work, families ok with it, money etc.) and should be greatful of that luxury they have which others would love rather than rubbing it in everyone's face.

I dont have to big a problem with the OP just as said, the Delivery of it..

However the OP hasnt made all the games by all accounts.

Heres a postive from not going the the home games the last few weeks, I now have a back log of pie and program cash so on Wed Night Im going for a All you Can eat Buffet!! happydays.

Im goin to Jimmy Chungs.Be happy for me also (even though it is a fiver) :blink:

Now I'm not saying you have to agree with all they say because I'm sure they will bthe first to admit that they are not always right.

You are

What I'm saying is that if you don't agree with them, post your view on here with your reasons without slagging them off.

He did

Im goin to Jimmy Chungs.Be happy for me also (even though it is a fiver) :blink:

What one, I hope not the one in Moray, thats where in going and its ?9.50 for the Evening sitting...

Now I'm not saying you have to agree with all they say because I'm sure they will be the first to admit that they are not always right.

You are

No I'm not

What I'm saying is that if you don't agree with them, post your view on here with your reasons without slagging them off.

He did

No he didn't

Look at yersels....................sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never harm me...

Wheres that fekker that called me an olde git...

On the original subject, this problem always always crops up at this time of year, ever since football was invented. For most people it is probably six weeks since the last pay cheque. I would not slag any fans off for not attending an away game. Now disappearing fans for home games and that is a real issue.

Anyway, I'm bored with this subject now, can we move on.

Edited by themann4thejob
I could not spell, please don't get on to me

TM4TJ, you are of course right and for my part I am sorry. However I was merely trying to point out to some that it is easy to reply with silly little 2 or 3 word answers to have a dig at someone. Puttting a point across with valid views and facts is where the true knowledge lies.

TM4TJ, you are of course right and for my part I am sorry. However I was merely trying to point out to some that it is easy to reply with silly little 2 or 3 word answers to have a dig at someone. Puttting a point across with valid views and facts is where the true knowledge lies.

Pot kettle black

The classic 3 word answer.

Im goin to Jimmy Chungs.Be happy for me also (even though it is a fiver) :D

What one, I hope not the one in Moray, thats where in going and its ?9.50 for the Evening sitting...

its about a fiver for lunch sit in though :004:

Pot kettle black

The classic 3 word answer.

kettlepot.gif

Indeed