Walking the ball into the net

davieB

This is one aspect of our play that's really getting on my nerves this year. Why is everyone so reluctant to take a blast from outside the box? Instead we always look to play an impossible one two around the box in an attempt to get ourselves into an even better position. Everyweek it's the same, and the cries of 'Just shooooooooooot! seems to be the crowds favourite shout after Caley Caley Caley.

When was the last time we scored a goal from open play with a 30yd rocket into the top corner??

Wilson vs Dunfermline as well. even Grant Munro vs Celtic, that was a cracker.

Lee Cox scored a peach vs the pars on the opening day, now everytime he shoots it is high and wide. Dani Sanchez is too scared to have a ping but everytime he does he always gets it on target from distance. It's walking it into the net that he struggles with.

It is a problem but i doubt there really is anyone in our team that has a real strike on them from outside the box, though you never know unless you try.

We've been the same now for at least the last 6 months, very rarely will anyone have a dig from any more than 20 yards out, I don't understand why no one has at least a couple of shots from range if you don't have a shot you ain't going to score.

to be fair if we did start shooting from outside the box and kept screaming them over and way wide we would be complaining about that. Yesterday we didnt have a problem with actually shooting it was just the finishing that was shocking. Rooney, Sanchez both had one on ones that they missed.

At the start of the season yes we did try to walk the ball in but now I think we just need to get more target practice as we will not be able to pass up so many chances in other games this season