FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

IF....we make it to the SPL.......

SMEE

Should we make it to the SPL....which of the current squad do you think will cut the mustard at that level? I want any answers to be honest, put your heads over your hearts here.

For me, i reckon

Esson

Proc

Munro

Golly

Duncan

Cox

Hayes

Foran

The rest would struggle i think. (i dont think av missed anyone out, but then again....)

Rossco, Rooney and I also think Sanchez would be better in SPL

And then you have sound basis from which to start. Would definately need cover for Goly. Couple of Raith players caught the eye yesterday, and maaybe we could offer Griffiths a roll at what would be an SPL club

Edited by bauhaus

I don't think we'll have the money or the time to change half of our team. I imagine Sanchez, Lionel, Stratford and Eagle will all go "IF" we go up. We will need some real quality added to the defence, perhaps from the relegated team. As will the centre of midfield, Duncan and Cox are great but there's not enough depth in just those two. We're fine for attackers as proven by the amount of goals scored this season. If there was plenty of money (which i doubt), then a proven SPL striker would be great. Just someone we can rely on to score all the sitters.

Rooney was like a lost laddie in the SPL though he would run the channels all day. Fast forward a year and he's using his upper body to swat defenders away, finishing with a bit more confidence and winning loads of headers. Somebody even started a rumour yesterdaythat he had put on a bit of pace B) I think he could do a job.

I don't think we'll have the money or the time to change half of our team. I imagine Sanchez, Lionel, Stratford and Eagle will all go "IF" we go up. We will need some real quality added to the defence, perhaps from the relegated team. As will the centre of midfield, Duncan and Cox are great but there's not enough depth in just those two. We're fine for attackers as proven by the amount of goals scored this season. If there was plenty of money (which i doubt), then a proven SPL striker would be great. Just someone we can rely on to score all the sitters.

Using that logic we're fine for defenders too as we've got the least conceded bar Dundee by one goal.

I am of the belief that if a team is good enough to win a league then they should ethically be entitled a crack at the next tier. That doesn't mean I wouldn't want the squad strengthened though.

It is still a big IF.....but here's hoping believing!

Definitely 1st Team:

Esson, Proctor, Tokely, Munro, Golabek, Duncan, Cox, Hayes, Foran, Rooney

Potentially 1st Team:

Odhiambo, Bulvitis, Sanchez, Eagle, Duff

Back Up:

Allison, Stratford, Ross, Shinnie, McBain

Required:

Back up Keeper, a Centre Half, 2 x full backs/wide midfielders, 2 x central midfielders, an attacking midfielder and a Striker

Foran

Rooney

Munro

Duncan

Hayes

Esson

Cox

Proctor

Tokely

Sanchez

Odhiambo, may'be.

The rest can clear off regardless of where we are next year apart from Royster who i would be sad to see leave but it looks likely he will leave.

I think Bulvitis could but if he is still on loan then i don't see him staying.

Edited by ajsict92

I notice Proctor was becoming an essential player in midfield but the criticism has been steadily increasing since going to right back. For me, we sign up Proc, Cox and Duncan for that defensive mid. I'd give Tokely and Munro their chance of a longer term partnership and buy in a right back. If we can get Mihadjuks, then it's a three-way battle for that central defensive slot. That means then two quality full backs, with a variety of fill-ins for right-back when needed and Golly and Shinnie in reserve at left-back.

Hayes, Foran and Rooney in attack but desperately need an attacking central midfielder. If Falkirk go down, then Arfield would be perfect but I think he should be aiming a lot higher. Maybe team-mate Burton O'Brien go do it. A huge talent who's lost his way - it's the old story for ICT! Ross should get a few more chances hopefully.

I'd keep Eagle as he's still a young lad. Sanchez as well could do it against some of the better quality teams as he gets more space but can't see Eric getting in there.

Controversial I know, but I'd look at Rory McAllister. He's still a young lad, so let's see if he's actually improved with a run in the team, or has he just found his level. Tade's been getting a fair bit of press in his matches, so he may be another one to scout.

There are many in the current squad who I'd want to keep but, using my head, I'd probably need to look at the budget and strengthen for an SPL campaign. Getting the right mix for a different league is where Butcher will do or die. I think he'll do.

Well Rooney is still young and will improve by playing at a higher level. As will Cox and hayes ect.

Golly is past it and will be destroyed by McGeady, Davis, Aluko ect.

Golly has been superb last 5 or 6 games he still has another season left at SPL level. Tade was superb on Saturday and his performance would probably emulate those you mentioned (BUTCHER SIGN HIM UP) and in fairness Golly did his best to contain a flare player on fire! Golly I BELIEVE.

Tokely and Golly will be fine in the SPL. It's not THAT good a league. Lionel and Stratford are the only two who aren't good enough.

Tokely wll be fine. But i really have doubts about Golly. He is getting older, and is not the player he once was. The trickery of some of the SPL wingers will have him.

I pretty much agree with everything the Bridge Ender has said although i also have my doubts over Golly, I would keep him in the team but as a backup. I'd be looking to sign in a left back and a center half who could challenge for the first 11 immediately. A Striker is almost certainly required, the way we have it just now is if Rooney's out our whole team has to shift around.

McBain also hasn't been playing all season so at his age, 37ish? He wouldn't be match fit or able to cope with the SPL. Maybe Peterhead or even Ross County for him next season.