FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Roy McBain

Joonya

...I for one certainly think so.

Apart from the odd occasion where he wasn't sharp in his anticipation of the play, he was all over the park covering and dealt with everything. He seemed to have more pace yesterday too, and created a few nice through balls for rooney and foran. He also linked well with the wide men.

Excellent to see him get a start, even better to see him last the 90. Well done Roy!

Was speaking to Roy in the bogs in Dumfries* and was saying it was a shocker not to see him on the pitch for his testimonial year.

Delighted he got picked yesterday and I'm sure it would have been great for morale around the changing room

*this is not a Keogh story

I think the sighs of relieve when Roy was named alongside Russell speaks volumes. With Cox out we needed to ensure that we could compete in the centre of midfield.

He then went on to show what we have missed at times (in the early part of the season at least).

thought Roy did an excellent Job yesterday. I feel kinda bad for him this season....but knew he was more than capable of stepping in and playing his part.....as he proved! Well Done Royster :P

Brilliant to see Roy on the park yesterday. That was the one area where we needed his experience and energy and he let nobody down yesterday. Great performance from him, I am so chuffed for him. Still full of running after ninety minutes.

Standing outside the stadium yesterday yapping to people before the game and just about everyone who bought a programme and checked the team lines was pleased to see Roy in the starting line-up for yesterdays match....including me.

He did himself and the team proud with his performance and some of his tackling and winning of the ball in the middle of the park was second to none.

Dilemma for Butcher now is whether Cox goes straight back in or if Roy gets to keep his place....with Golly out, could we see Roy shifted to left back perhaps?

I don't think Roy is in Terry's long term plans at all and I expect him to be moving on (over the bridge?) this summer.

All his recall means is that Terry has now reached the same conclusion about Stratford that the rest of us reached 6 months ago.

Was great to see McBain yesterday and even better to see him play so well.

Also think he'll slot in at left back next Saturday and put in a great shift there too. It possibly may be his final appearance though unless he gets a run out in the final game or Butcher has a huge change of heart. Heard a rumour he's agreed to move over to County and good luck to him if he does, he's been a absolutely tremendous player for ICT over the years.

It was the managers reluctance to play him thatn has almost lost us this league. Is this good judgement or good luck. Roy should have played against County when we were crying out for someone who knows what these games are about. Still, alls well that ends well.

Roy never started a game after the Falkirk debacle at the end of last season.

After Tokely got sent off, he was subbed, as part of a team re-organisation. He was justifiably angry about that.... in fact down-right bloody well raging...

A little bird told me he and TB have hardly been on speaking terms ever since that day.

As I've said on various other posts at various times, TB appears to be learning from his mistakes.

Unfortunately he doesn't always strike me as being a very quick learner..... but still, he has got us back to the SPL.

Yeah, given he hasn't started a game all season i'd say Roy had a brilliant game, probably my MOTM.

The guy wears his heart on his sleeve and his effort could never be brought into question. Well done Roy.

Hope he plays in place of Golie next week.