FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

John Rankin

Guest Sandy Cromarty

What would you prefer LG? the boy as you can see by the majority of posts on here is out of his league, I don't want to do a Hislop believe me but we are well into the season and I think it's time for 'Taxi for Rankine' and that includes the J.Arthur Rank spelling, mingy gusset?? you call it.

No, most of the posters on here think that he is not playing to his potential there is a massive difference between that and not being good enough!

You've already been caught out after slating CC and then been back on here praising him after the Rangers win, so how long this time I wonder before your back with your tail between your legs??????

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HC Well said. I don't think you'll find a post anywhere where I am saying Rankin is our best player by any means.  I think he is doing okay, but still adjusting to the step up.  As I said somewhere else recently I thought he had been really bad during a game (can't remember which one), but I met John Doc the next day and he thought he had been immense.  He clearly did exactly what they had asked him to do and they were pleased with his performance.  I think he will come good and I hope that the fantastic goals he scored on Saturday will go a long way to boost his confidence.  The first goals are the hardest, so let's get behind him and hope there are a lot more to come.

He may be our most expensive signing, but in SPL terms £65,000 isn't a lot of money to pay for a transfer fee.

..........., critcism is a good thing it spurs people on to achieve more or it breaks them. If it spurs people on to achieve better performances then they are made of strong stuff and worthy of their position if someone crumbles under the pressure then they are not worthy of their position- simple.

I think I understand this philosophy :017:, carrot and stick without the carrot.

Don't encourage - that's for weaklings.  Give them lots of criticism, now that should do the trick!  :015:

What would you prefer LG? the boy as you can see by the majority of posts on here is out of his league, I don't want to do a Hislop believe me but we are well into the season and I think it's time for 'Taxi for Rankine' and that includes the J.Arthur Rank spelling, mingy gusset?? you call it.

No, most of the posters on here think that he is not playing to his potential there is a massive difference between that and not being good enough!

You've already been caught out after slating CC and then been back on here praising him after the Rangers win, so how long this time I wonder before your back with your tail between your legs??????

Well said i think Rankin has huge potential, a could be a scotland international if he can re find his form from division1. I say give the lad a chance, think about how long it took all our lads from the first division to find there feet in the spl. he'll come good

Guest caleybabe14

he is an amazing player. he should be playing he did score goals on sat he just needs chances. if you sell himmthen you just wasted a **** of a lot of money better used doing up the stadium.

Scary thing is I don't think a lot of the team are playing to your potential but they are certainly good enough. In fact I think we have some of the best players in the SPL in some areas of the team.

I can't wait to see us click into top gear and utterly thrash someone - like Falkirk last season 4 - 1 - maybe St. Mirren this weekend?  :001:

• 3 months later...

At the start of the season Rankin was not impressing me. I felt he showed poor distribution, his corners were abysmal and all round play very poor indeed. How he started was a mystery to me.

However in the last few games, had it not been for Wilson, I would say he has been the form player for us with a series of assured displays and some crucial goals - shame the Aberdeen one wasn't more important than it turned out to be. Well done indeed Mr. Rankin - keep it up :001:

Can you name a better left winger outside of the OF?

Don't forget that he was in the Scotland future squad along with Blackie and Dargo, and unlike them he's actually IMPROVED since then. Perhaps the new Scotland gaffer will take notice.

Barry Robson.

Then again Rankin isn't a winger.

His form has definately come on, which may be down to his confidence improving. Somehow he has also learned to tackle and get stuck in!

He definately looks more at home out wide and when he moves in field the opposing defences are struggling to pick him up.

It's a huge step up from playing for County to the SPL.

Rankin has taken a long time to get there - but he finally seems to have arrived and has been exceptional in his last few games.

Long may it continue.

Tickled me, seeing Dennis's one-to-one in the programme with the quote about Nakamura being world-class, then seeing Rankin leave him dead in the water: my ball, Shunsuke, cheers pal, see ya later. Marvellous  :001:

Apart from the feckin terrible speeling misstake I concurr. CC tried to make Rankin into a central midfielder and that is why Rankin took time to settle. He has the sweetest left foot in the SPL - he is now playing where he rightfully belongs and the confidence and arrogance are oozing.

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

Gordon Strachan had Rankin watched when he was at County so he's obviously been on his radar screen. After his recent form, and his display on Sunday it wouldn't suprise me at all if the ginger ninja's mulling over him again.

Rankin just needs more time, if it's true that Black has gone to Hibs, then CC obviously has plans for the midfield.

His goals were superb, hardly feckin tap-ins!  He'll start banging em in soon!

From what the troops were saying about the C***y game on Saturday, the jump up is probably a lot more than we credited them with!

Mrs PB

The John Rankin Fan Club