FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

John Rankin

Guest Sandy Cromarty

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time I said my piece, this fella was today totally 'J.Arthur' , to go one on one with a defender one yard behind and only the goalie to beat and then lose the ball to the said defender is sad!!!! and sad to say that I feel that this player is out of his depth, Blackie, who is far more talented, has been dropped because of poor performances and a poor disciplinary record so lets not kid ourselves any further about this lad and call it adios.

I really hate to say I told you so Sandy... na I don't

GIRUY

Rankin you legend!!

Prior to the goals he was pretty poor today but then again he was played wide left. I hope CC takes note Rankin is wasted in that position.

Still not sure if he meant the 2nd one but if he did WHAT A GOAL  :003:

I thought Rankin didn't play well today but took 2 brilliant free-kicks (sounds like a Beckham type performance). Kencar, he (Rankin) did move to the middle of the park when Hart came on. Which BTW I think is a shame for Hart as Rankin is a least left footed was moved from wide left to accommodate Hart on the left. Surely it would make more sense to just have a straight swap with Hart for McBain as Hart is not a winger or even left footed.

Was given MotM by BBC.

A complete joke.

He was utterly useless today and gave the ball away for Falkirks 2nd. That said, his 1st free kick was a cracker and the 2nd a pure fluke. However, you could see how much it meant to him and hopefully that will be a huge boost to the guy and here's hoping he can take that into next weeks game  :001:

For most of the first hour all of our midfield were not in the game at all , looked like they were a yard slower than the Bairns, but then again we were outnumbered in the middle with their 3-5-2 which can give that impression...after our switch they all started performing - getting to the loose ball, making more space to play in and we never looked back...Rankin did get more involved from then onwards.

Was given MotM by BBC.

A complete joke.

He was utterly useless today and gave the ball away for Falkirks 2nd. That said, his 1st free kick was a cracker and the 2nd a pure fluke. However, you could see how much it meant to him and hopefully that will be a huge boost to the guy and here's hoping he can take that into next weeks game  :001:

Couldn't agree more...me and my mate were saying exactly this after the game. I actually felt that it was Rankine that should've gone off instead of Roy! But CC obviously knew something I didn't !!! :003:

After he gave the ball away on the half wayline for Falkirk's second goal, I thought he had to go.  Even Charlie gave us hope he would when he started to get the subs ready to come on, but no, he stayed on and the rest is history.  I for one was calling for his removal dseveral timnes before he scored the first free kick.  Despite his goals today I still think he contributes little in the midfield.  Still if he plays mince every week and we still win who are we to complain?

Still not sure if he meant the 2nd one but if he did WHAT A GOAL  :003:

Reckon we should give him the benefit of the doubt. Personally, I think that is what he intended. Scoring the first free kick must have given him a real confidence boost to have a go second time around.

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

He had a shocker today, he was a spectator for most of the game and looked about as dangerous as a Casper the Ghost. His second free kick was virtually an OG, it looked like a simple catch but their goofy keeper lost it in transit. Then again, they all count!

For as unimpressive as Rankin was again today, he still wasn't our worst player. Blackie was - and were he not suspended, probably desereves to be dropped. He just isn't contributing enough to the team. It's amazing how poor he is now when you contrast it with how brilliant he was only a year ago.

I don't think he meant the 2nd one. I think by that stage it was obvious that as long as we got the ball in on top of Higgins we had a great chance to score.

I still don't think he is meant to be out on the left hand side but maybe just me.

Other than the St Mirren game he's played in central midfield for us so I was quite surprised to see him lining up wide left again yesterday. It's not his best position, hopefully our manager will realise that now

How can people say he didn't deserve MotM???  He single handedly turned ICT from Howlers to Heroes by scoring 2 and contributing to the third.  Even if ha had sat cross legged on the centre spot for the remainder of the match it was these 3 instances that won us the game and IMO anyone who can turn a game from a 2 goal defeat into a win deserves a MotM award, regardless of what they have done for the rest of the game.

.... Some of you could at least spell his name correctly its Rankin NOT RankinE  :015:

Give a thought for poor/stupid  Andrew Smith who reported our match for SoS....he thinks we have an author playing in our midfield - none other than Ian Rankin!!! :015:

Guest Jock Watt

To those who have been rubbishing Mr Rankin -

:finger03: :finger03: :finger03: :finger03: :finger03: :finger03: :finger03: :finger03: :finger03: :finger03: :finger03: :finger03: :finger03: :finger03:

John Rankin was interviewed by Charlie Bannerman, and he admitted that the free kick for the third goal was not a shot on goal but a cross aimed strongly at the back post for hopefully a touch from one of our big players, the fact that none of our players were really near the back post is neither here nor there.

We have however got rid of another couple of monkeys of certain backs, we can beat Falkirk when it matters at home, and Rankin can score.

I'm feckin delighted.  :001: